It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal opinon about the Utah rave that got busted.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
www.kutv.com...@kutv.dayport.com

This Makes me sick;
i have seen more then one video of what happened at the rave in utah when the swat teams were forced to use action; they beat innocent "ravers" with their flashlights and clubs.

now i understand that alot of "ravers" use drugs.
but the inforcement wasnt necessary.

the organizer for this event had valid permits to have it.

so i do not see why there was so much force towards these people that are just having a good time.

...I've Been going to raves for 2 years now and i have never seen anything like this.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It's a rave right? Raves are all about partying and doing drugs, and drugs are illegal. The story says that several teenagers were there, yet the organizers say they hired security to confiscate drugs. Ok right. Teenagers do not go to parties where drugs or alcohol are not present. There was also mentions of burglaries and sexual assaults by authorities. These are illegal acts and will be dealt with accordingly by law enforcement. Bottom line, you break the law you get dealt with accordingly.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm still a teenager and I have never been to a party with drugs or alcohol. I've never drank actually.

It sounds like this party needed to be broken up though. Kids ODing on ecstacy is not good.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
wheres the usefullness in the violence any way. to impose a governments belife system on humans who are doing what they want with there minds. is it a scare tactic for the youth into state terror and control. it i think is one of the very things that keep us saturated in this slavery.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
okay; i have organized many parties..

alot of people that go to these parties hide drugs.. may it be in their bras..or down their pants; secerity isnt allowed to check that unless the person is suspecious ; and also

you state this

Raves are all about partying and doing drugs

No raves are not about partying and drugs
Raves are about Music. not getting high.

i know many "ravers" that dont do drugs or drink;

maybe america is a bit different then canada; we dont beat harmless teenagers because they are all high; all they do here is shut the party down and confiscate the drugs; noone gets hurt.

now if someone got caught selling or doing drugs at a "rave" here in canada
they would get thrown out of the venue or the cops would get called.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EwoK DEliGHt
wheres the usefullness in the violence any way. to impose a governments belife system on humans who are doing what they want with there minds. is it a scare tactic for the youth into state terror and control. it i think is one of the very things that keep us saturated in this slavery.

Are you really enslaved? You must be the 1st slave allowed to express his opinion. They are breaking the law. The authorities are enforcing the laws they pledged to uphold. Pull your head out of your butt and get a clue. Of course if you actually are a slave i guess i will have to retract my statement. But i am guessing you have no proof of this. Just pitiful

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Ewok makes a good point, we are enslaved, however we're so indoctrinated with gov't limitation that many of us are blind to our state. Seat belt laws for instance. Clocked beneath the veil of protection, it's just a way to increase state revenue while limiting our ability to make our own choices.

Forget the old days of freedom, police can do whatever they want, and even when police break laws, very little is ever done about it.

The power has shifted, and without individuals kicking and screaming for our freedoms, gov't will continue to whittle away at our abilities to make decisions for ourselves.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by shixta]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Always nice to see all the statist come out with their "if they break the law they get dealt with".
whatever happened to liberty?i guess liberty is as dead as the constitution.
What if they had only been drinking beer?
One mind altering substance is the same as the next.
It really pisses me off to see jack boot nazis storming into parties and beating people for no other reason than they chose to partie in an unorthodox way.
well,i guess they got what they deserved,a boot to the neck and a stick to the head.
One day they will be kicking in my door for using words and thoughts that are "illegal".
I dont know who i hate more,the PIGS in power or the people who enable them.Either way,i hate you both,Eat Sh!t.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
well i cant actually see the video but im gonna put in my opinion any way.

which is that cops do sometimes over step their boundrys. if where you are these drugs are illegal, and some people use them, then yeah by law they can be prosocuted or watever. but using drugs should never be a "wackable" offence.

and you said it was a swat team? why would a swat team ever be needed to break up a party? i thought they were used for full on fire fights, extream bank robberys and such. how does a rave warrent the use off such force?? ever??

any party i have been to that has been such down never has any thing like this, the cops just switch on the lights, turn on off the music, and wait for every one to leave. every opne gets the message, no one has to be beaten.

i really cant imagine why a swat team would be needed,

did they send out normal cops first, or go straight to the swat team>?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is another example of the governement flexing a muscle for the easy arrests. If they employed that kind of firepower to stop the crack problem in my neighborhood, a lot of PIGS would be hurt. A bunch of raver kids getting their @sses kicked doesnt solve any problems, nor does it make our world any safer. Getting crack out of the ghettos and teaching people employable skills and how to better interact with one another without the use of violence is the answer. Not busting a bunch of rich white kids, tying up our courts with half-criminals, and ruining some punks allowance for the next few weeks. I think the po-po should revert this type of spectacle to something that will actually make our world a better place. Isn't that why we choose to live here and pay the taxes?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What I am missing? Nothing in that video link says anything about kids being beaten up. It says the party was raided. 60 arrests out of 300 people. Police found coc aine, ecstasy, marijuana, mushrooms, alcohol and counterfeit money on kids as young as 15. I have been to raves and CD release parties myself. I know that there are kids that go to listen to music and have fun and others who go to get trashed and cause problems. Sorry but I would expect the police to bust up any party where 60 kids are doing drugs. I wouldn't want those drugged up morons in my neighborhood.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I don't know what the clubs are like in the states, but here in the UK people don't go to "Raves" to cause trouble, normal clubs with mainly alcohol yes, but not raves. Up until 5am-ish everyone is your friend. Violence is the last thing on people's minds. Then the downer starts and people are a little more irritable, but certainly not violent.
I think the police have a perfect right to act tough on the dealers in clubs though, most of them sell junk that is cut with all sorts of rubbish and can be dangerous -- Never buy pills inside the club, get them from someone you know / trust.
Beating clubbers is not on, but the dirty dealers in clubs deserve it

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PingU
No raves are not about partying and drugs
Raves are about Music. not getting high.

i know many "ravers" that dont do drugs or drink;

Ive been to my share of raves in my day and drugs are huge in them most notably drugs like E and K. Some Ravers dont do drugs at them but many more do.

I have to say though Violence is very rare at any of these events. Theres a much higher chance of someone dying of dehydration/over heating then the result of any violence.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
At one point I thought I could define freedom, but now my ideas of freedom do not jive with that of our law makers.

Remember prohibition people? It was, at some point, necessary to legalize alcohol so as to stop the flow of money going to the Rum Runners.

Alcohol is a drug far more dangerous than some of the other drugs at this party, and it’s fully legal to adults of the appropriate age. Alcohol is a substance that actually shuts the brain down in ways that gov't deems okay, because it makes the average person ridiculously irrational, and easily controlled. It somehow makes some people angry, and when drunk this anger gets out of hand. You've seen and dealt with obnoxious alcoholics invading your comfort zone, but these people don't even remember or have a clue that their being offensive. It’s status as a depressant serves no one.

What's wrong with drugs? The war on drugs is a war on consciousness and human freedom, and if you really want to test your understanding of this idea, feel free to read the link at the bottom of this post. Many of these other drugs, not all, pose a threat to our gov't because they actually allow for individual empowerment of the mental state. Yes, I've had my fare share of some of these chemicals, but I choose to stay far far away from alcohol. I can sense it contaminating my mind, body, and ability to control my emotional stability. On the other hand, these other substances seem to have some sacred nature about them, and if in a responsible situation, and in a respectful state of mind, an adult with fully developed moral, ethical, and mental states can begin a journey within themselves, in hopes of gaining a type of knowledge that would be impossible otherwise. One should have every right to stretch your own mind, but this is a threat to our governing institutions. An understanding about yourself and the world around you can eventually develop, and gov't wants none of it BECAUSE THE LAST THING THEY WANT IS INDIVIDUALS FEELING EMPOWERED TO ACCOMPLISH THINGS. I am not arguing that raves containing drugs are good things for teenagers with underdeveloped mental states. This is a bit dangerous, however just like tobacco, alcohol, and going to war, there is an appropriate age to allow for these things, and a 15 year old isn’t old enough. All drugs should be legal to anyone provided they have a fully developed mind, and understand accountability. If you do something stupid, you should be heald responsible weather you’re hopped up on something or not. 21 sounds reasonable to me.

In a world such as the one we live in, the only thing anybody truly owns for themselves is that which exists between the ears; Your Brain. The idea, that freedom should allow for individual choices, and the related thought that individuals should be held responsible for those choices, is over. We've all been taught to let others, our lawmakers, to make decisions for us, and I am so sick of it. Seat Belt laws are gross. It should by your own choice, nobody else's.

The numbers in 1995 were thus; If hemp products were allowed in this county the gov’t could gain over a TRILLION dollars in revenue, PER YEAR. No telling how much inflation, over a decade, would increase gov’ts earnings, given legalization. Also think about all the state and federal gov’t money that is wasted on these half crimes through the court systems, policing agencies, and prison services. Shouldn’t our police be after corporate liars, thieves, violent criminals, terrorists, rapists, con-artists, sex-traffickers, black market baby salesmen, and a host of other criminal activities that actually pose a threat to the average person’s safety?

I give up.

Just imagine a world where every decision you made had to be “Okayed” by some higher authority. I choose suicide over that. This action, given those circumstances, would be the fullest expression of my God given human freedom. Get it?

War on Consciousness

[edit on 12-12-2005 by shixta]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
nothing gets me more jacked then to drop 10 hits of acid...eat about 6 hits of e washing them down with a pint of jack ...going to the rave with my crew and my trusty shank and just destroying everyone and everything in site...i mean raping, pillaging and eating candy kids............NAW IM JUST KIDDEN..... actually being from the dc baltimore area we deal with alot of anti rave crap.......hey i know plenty of people ("ravers") who go out to hang and dance ...i dont need drugs..actually i get kinda pissed when i see kids all messed up laying on the dancefloor just being like "hey im all fd up ...lets ruine it for everyone" ... im not saying people dont do them but to think thats all the scene is about is wrongful thinking ...........i wish there were no drugs at these events..then we could have alot more freedom......

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Trust me, if the threat of a swat team will keep people from going to these raves or at least smash some smarts into some of these people with their flash lights its for the good.

These raves are the absolute destruction of a generation of humans, my generation. Drugs like Crystal and such are making their ways across all of the world right now and the addiction and health problems involved with Crystal and "x" are INSANE!

I support these cops being there. If the least they do is smack some of these fools with flash lights and make yall leave, take it as a blessing, as that next "hit" you might have taken could have ended your life or at the very least sent you on the path of more self destruction.

Take it as a blessing and get out of that life style, raves kill.

To all you who say you dont do drugs at raves, good on you, but dont let your friends do those drugs. I have lost many friends to this life style.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Shixta said it perfectly. Alcohol causes much more bad noise than most drugs. If we cant control our own minds, what are we truely free to do?

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think this represents an instance in which "rule of law" has not been subverted by the music fans. I'm willing to bet at least 50 percent of the people there were not high or on drugs. In fact I'm willing to bet the cops were likely on some sort of fascist Hitlerian training drill and just decided to test themselves out on a local "known" party. Think of this as a test. Tomorrow we'll be reading about how people that make music are into drugs and therefore deserve to be raided by the police cause "everyone knows musicians use drugs." Also everyone knows that baby boomers use coc aine all the time so maybe we should start raiding offices and management facilities and high class resturant bathrooms in the hopes of finding coc aine snorters. Nobody should be raided, the constitution clearly states so in the 4th Amendment. I'm really getting sick and tired of police using "rule of law" that was created by weak people in a time of weakness that has since eroded the more sane and logical constitutional laws made by giants. Crackpots and Nazis have been subverting the constitution in the name of protecting people from themselves in the name of making big bucks to the perversion of the Constitution. Is it any wonder so many people in America sit in jail cells and foreign jihadists conspire with American Neo-Nazi fascists special forces to attack and rape the sleeping public. Wake up America, you are being told to accept less freedoms than were had by people that are supposedly more ignorant and less educated than we are today. Back in the 18th century people didn't live very long but at the least they could grow there own medicine and plants without fear of some British Red Coat shoving guns in their faces demanding taxes or jail. Oh wait I almost forgot, we fought a war against people that tried to dictate legal terms that would have resulted in the same kind of bullying and strongarm tactics we see occuring today. Look violence is not an answer, these people should really ask themselves why they care if some kids are using drugs at some party, shouldn't that be the job of the parents to teach their kids about dangers of drugs? Seems to me a bit ridiculous in the so called information age to be seeing tactics that have been used all throughout history to maintain monopolies. Maybe the world needs to take a deep big breath and just say, you know, drugs can do bad things to people but shouldn't doctors or the people that choose to take the risks be responsible for themselves? :bnghd:

top topics

join