It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up, new research project starting.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Greetings SteveR, BRCMontana and Yarcofin.

Personally, I do not think it is a good idea for all of us to try different abilities at once. Doing so would eliminate any chance for comparisons and co-operative learning that might otherwise be feasable if we all worked on the same ability. Could you guys post which abilities you feel you have the most potential for; perhaps we could all find a similar ability to focus on.
As for my, I feel most comfortable with TK, Pyrokinesis and Cyrokinesis.

I also think we should all perpare personal documents in scientific form so if any of us come upon a robust method of practicing and developing these abilities, the rest of the group could go back and look at this person's notes rather than relying on memory to recall how it was done. For my science classes, our format consists of the introduction (includes hypothesis), methods and materials (includes any differentiation from the listed procedures), initial data, procedures, results and conclusions. If any of us are uncertain where to add or explain a certain piece of information, I think it would be best to make sure all of us agree on a spot for it. After all, I don't think we would want to be looking for something that some of us have in different sections.

Well, this is my opinion.
I'm applying for Scholar status right after this post.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Could you guys post which abilities you feel you have the most potential for; perhaps we could all find a similar ability to focus on.

I feel that I would do best in TK, as I have never tried pyrokinesis or cryokinesis and I don't know exactly how you go about that. Just like... focusing on a candle and trying to make it grow larger or put it out, etc?

I feel that people that may not have such abilities should start with something smaller, like microkinesis, before moving onto macrokinesis (TK). In Microkinesis, you affect much smaller things, such as on an atomic level. You influence a dice to roll a certain way, etc. Then once you are able to do that, you move up to actually moving things that were previously stationary. Both are forms of telekinesis, but I dunno. Whatever you guys want. I seem to be the newb in this area =).

BRCMontana, I agree with you that if you are already strong in one area, that you should probably just focus on one thing. If a person doesn't know what they are good at, they can try a bunch of things before they find one that works and then settle down for some more in-depth research into that one area.

skyblueff0, thanks for the link to the "World Mysteries" site. Looks promising. Although the other one doesn't seem to work.

I wanna learn how to heal, so if anyone have any good tutorial or reference you should tell me.

I would suggest looking into Qui-Gong (Chi) healing, if this even falls under the TK heading. I dunno if it will be useable for this project

Phalanx, I'm kinda seeing your point. If we all work on the same ability at the same time, then we can share all of our strengths and weaknesses with each other. If one person isn't getting any results and other people are, we can figure out what the person is doing wrong and maybe get it to work.

Finally, I think that we should prepare a short little statement to accompany our research, saying that we will all be truthful and not alter the data in any way, and we will report things in an unbiased and proper manner, etc. Just to be taken a little more seriously. Obviously people can still accuse us of lying, but it will just bring a bit more credibility to the whole thing.

This project is starting to look promising =).

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I was looking through some webpages on psionics and found somthing interesting. Check it out Click on online experiments. This should help you out a little.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the links Supra. I'm always a fan of the online psi experiments/tests/games. Very interesting and entertaining stuff
. If anybody has any more, please do post.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Personally, I do not think it is a good idea for all of us to try different abilities at once. Doing so would eliminate any chance for comparisons and co-operative learning..

Phalanx brought up a great point there, in my opinion. But as Yarcofin stated, it's possible we'd all pick a dud ability.. or one that might be too hard, then I guess we'd be wasting time.

Well I think the answer is to extend the project's life. We should all focus on one ability for 2 weeks, then a second for 2 weeks, then a third for 2 weeks. How does that sounds to you guys? Would you be ok with a 6 week project?

The reason I stated 2 weeks.. is if we spend 1 hour per day on practicing, 1 week only gives us a total of 7 hours.. not really much. 14 would be better in my opinion.

If your all fine with that idea, we should select three psychokinetic abilities.. the obvious three would be telekinetic, pyrokinetic, cryokinetic.

I think for those that don't know.. cryo is basically creating coldness.. I think it works by sucking energy out of an object/area and into your hands. But I've also heard people visualizing the atoms slowing down and cooling...

I agree with you all about taking a scientific method to all this, it's very important to research this seriously.

Steve

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Sounds good to me. I'm just eager to get started on this thing

Three classic "psi" abilities, two weeks each. Sounds perfect. Plenty of time for tweaking and trying many different methods to achieve each ability, but not too long that it starts to get dull and monotonous if nothing is happening.

TK, PK, and CK seem to be the most relatively basic of the abilities. Probably the best way to go, unless anybody else has some alternatives. I certainly don't want to take on something like levitation though

Hopefully we'll all get our Scholar tags and be at work in the Research forum before long
. Until then, I'm going to get to work gathering some basic information and doing a few preliminary tests.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Sounds good to me. I'm just eager to get started on this thing

I hear ya. As soon as we get our Scholar status we're good to go.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think it's a bad idea if we just break up and try three "psi" abilities, each given a span of 2 weeks. I think it's too short, I think 6 weeks is short yet alone 2 weeks. I say we stick with "Psychokinesis/Telekinesis" for 6 weeks, not all of us have work at the same "mental" or "psychological" level. So progress or success of just scratching the tip of the iceberg of the "Psychokinesis/Telekinesis" will vary, some might take more than 6 weeks, some might take as little as two.

LOL anyone know any online meditation workout tutorial? I wanna get in that state of mind, should help mine/yours chances of telekinesis too.

Oh yeah, I'l gonna try to post up those "UTYA's Telekinesis Guide e-books" tomarrow, I'll send you guys the link...tomarrow because I have all 3 e-books, urm yeah I'm just going have it up for like one or two weeks so download while you can.... so check my post tomarrow.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
I think 6 weeks is short yet alone 2 weeks.

Uh, hmm. From what I've heard, depending on ability level you can get basic results within hours to days. Saying that even 6 weeks is not enough, sounds a little excessive to me. As Yarcofin said, 2 weeks per ability is perfect.. not so much that the project would get monotonous.. but I think it's enough to get results, if we put consistant effort in and do this right.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hey guys, I just got a PM from ADVISOR. He's given me the go ahead for the project.
I have to provide a list of people who should get the scholar status... so SkyBlue are you still in for this? Any other newcomers?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Hey guys, I just got a PM from ADVISOR. He's given me the go ahead for the project.
I have to provide a list of people who should get the scholar status... so SkyBlue are you still in for this? Any other newcomers?

lol hey man I'm definately in, haha I wouldn't decline an offer like this, it was just an concern and an opinion thats all. Well I hope your right SteveR, I would love people get some results under two weeks.

So were doing..

Telekinesis
Pyrokinesis
Cryokinesis

...Cool, I still want to learn healing though, If someone can give offer me guildlines and tutorials for healing after those three, I'll be glad to experiment on healing. I mean I wanna learn something that could benefit other, not just myself.

[edit on 15-12-2005 by skyblueff0]

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

If someone can give offer me guildlines and tutorials for healing after those three, I'll be glad to experiment on healing.

Pending some sort of success in this research/experiment, I would be happy to branch it off into an ongoing research of a whole variety of different paranormal/parapsychological topics.

We'll see how this one works out.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I've just been upgraded to scholar status and am good to go. This plan to devote two weeks to TK, PK and CK each is plenty agreeable to me.

I look forward to working with you folks.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Ditto.. the draft of the full plan has been submitted to ADVISOR as he requested, so the project should begin in the next day or so.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hey if it isn't too late I would like to hop on board, I already have my scholar status and stuff so whatever I can test out for you or research would be awesome

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Final
Hey if it isn't too late I would like to hop on board, I already have my scholar status and stuff so whatever I can test out for you or research would be awesome

No problem, welcome to the team.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
We had some pretty impresive results with an RV experiment we had a while back, you should contact shidge, he was the best one of the bunch.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I've got a good deal of info already written up and ready to post (I even have BB Code tags on it already
), so I hope nobody steals my ideas before the thread gets set up in the research forum, cuz I'm gonna post it anyways. haha.

I'll go back and look for the RV Research thread, but the team leader should probably send the U2U request.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
IMHO, each skill should be given a little more time: not everyone is at the same "level", and i've heard of people who needed to practice for some months before obtaining any result.

So, i would suggest, instead of 2 weeks, 1 month per skill

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Sparhawk, I think that having a three month project, is a little risky. I don't know if the team members would hang in for all that time, and I think it would get a little monotonous. If the first two week session fails, I'll give your suggestion some thought. Thanks.

I sent a U2U to shidge, so thanks for that Amuk.

I look forward to seein your write up Yarcofin
, but make sure that it's all relevant and fitting with intro/plan that I'm gonna post.

Steve

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join