It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reality blind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I wasn't sure on what categorie to put this under.

Everyone is fake. at least at some point in their daily lives. how many times do you tell someone during small talk how you really, really feel about things. its a tv generation. Kids grow up watching real people on tv, people they may want to emulate. But everybody on tv is fake, everybody. The camera is always watching. Even if a person were playing a role as theirself it still wouldn't be genuine life. When someone takes your picture you smile or pose. Its impossible to just "do what you were doing." So true life is not captured on film unless the person being filmed or photographed doesn't know about it. People on tv and movies pretend to be someone else the entire time, but its supposed to look like real life. Even MTV's Real World isn't the "real world." We don't see all the cameras watching all the time. There should be a show showing only all the cameras, camera persons and equipment. People can't really be themselves when someone is always watching. Their real personality may be exaggerated or hidden. They may not understand their own intentions and that's why I say their blind or caught up. When I do things I see and understand my own intentions which allows me to see and understand other peoples intentions based on their actions and reactions to things. (you can see it in their eyes). I respect actors greatly because they have a hard job being someone else and being able to make you feel a certain way. Im just trying to understand and relate the implications of the fakeness on all different levels.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by PingU]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I tend to agree that many of us (domesticated primates) are unconciously focused on our "mask" or self-image. In a public place (such as a shopping mall) it becomes plainly obvious. Our expectations, desires and beliefs (conditioning) have been put there largely from outside influences, and are keeping most of us in a trance-like state, for most of the time. It's become IMO, a world of constant distraction...

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That's true. The essence of the 'mask' is deception--we deceive ourselves far more than any Satan or devil could hope to surpass.
The first step to integrity is facing one's self in the mirror and keeping the eyes open and the heart soft.

No one believes they are okay just as they are--after that realization, then improvements can logically follow in a healthy fashion. The media is very much to blame--but the media is not an independent entity--we buy into it, we get what we pay for.

I personally haven't watched TV (except for Jeopardy at supper time) for almost 10 years. I don't miss it a bit and I'm not at all 'uninformed.' I'm not living anyone else's life but my own, either.
It may not be glamorous, but at least its for real.

join