It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your computer gives you cancer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ive herd somwhere that your computer screen can give you cancer and lukimea is this true,ive been looking and cant find anything on the subject

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
CRT Monitors are bad for Gamma Rays and holding your head against a magnetic field for hours on end can't be good for you either. Don't know about cancer but it's hell on your eyes.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't be suprised. Most of today's house hold items are destructive.

Edit note: I put self destructive, that means that they were destructive onto themselves.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by Kushi]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So it ends up another thing that gives you cancer is: cancer. Who would've thought :T

Our O-zone layer is depleting rapidly, we have dead zones in our water, chemicals are put and spilled into our water supply, and we're on the verge of killing eachother because of religion and politics, your monitor is the least of your current affairs.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Everything in todays world gives you cancer. TV, Food, Air even when you take a shower. You might get cancer.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
CRT (Cathode Ray Tubes) or the standard television/computer screen does not produce as much radiation anymore since a LONG time, radiation emission has been decreased drastically and should not be enough to cause cancer or major eye damage.

But no one knows about the super secret episolon waves emitted by the screen that are slowly taking your soul!
j/k

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Ive herd somwhere that your computer screen can give you cancer and lukimea is this true,ive been looking and cant find anything on the subject

What doesn't cause cancer?

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I am sure that is going to be the latest in shocking news! Oh, well, as long as i can hang in till 2012, i suppose thats fine

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Here is an example of the new decease:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The worst dose, in the old days, was not to the user.
but to the poor slob that sat directly in front of THAT user..
WIth the back of his head pointing at the innards..x-rays, manta rays
, you name it..

It sitll think it was leading cause of male pattern baldness, back then..

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I am sure that is going to be the latest in shocking news! Oh, well, as long as i can hang in till 2012, i suppose thats fine

And, in your educated opinion, what is going to happen in 2012? The end of the world or a suddenn enlightenment throuhgout the planet? I have heard both. It relates to the Mayan calendar which ends in 2012 on Decemebr 12th I think? Anyway, that's simply when their calender ends. It doesn't prophesize the end of the world as many seem to believe and it certainly won't bring any enlightenment to a worl that gets less and less enlightened every day!

December 13, 2012 will be just another day and 2013 will be just another year. Nothing is prophesized in that calendar and nothign extraordinary is going to happen!

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
E-m energic field from such devices are probably harmless but try having the screen at a slight angle so the projected energy field is directed slightly away from you.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The studies are stupid
e.g. you want to see whether TV causes cancer
so you send a survey to all cancer sufferers
1.Do you watch TV?

WHO DOESNT?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The truth be told, NOTHING causes cancer. The fact of the matter is we, yes you me and every other single being on this planet, already have cancer cells in our body. It is the mutation of our cellular structure as we age, aka, Oxidize, or rust. That causes these cells to grow at an alarming rate, forming a cluster also know as a tumor. There are trigger factors that cause these cells to run amuk, and I have certain hypothesis on these. Like someone who smokes for years, quits and THEN develops lung cancer.

It is because something has happened to shock the system and caused these lil buggers to go into metabolic hyperdrive.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

And, in your educated opinion, what is going to happen in 2012? The end of the world or a suddenn enlightenment throuhgout the planet?

Thats when everyones head is going to explode from all the crap they're getting from their monitors.

I was hoping to be around to see that but i've been in front of a monitor for so long i'll be the first to pop.

Wupy

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
LOL. i've heard that TOUCHING the computer screen with your finger whilst its on causes cancer. is this tru it sounds kinda liek B.S

top topics

join