It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another plane crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
We have been reading a lot about plane crashes: commercial and passangers. These accidents have been investigated and most of them have been related to the bad conditions of the planes.

Though I agree that most planes related with the last plane crashes were old or had not an appropriated check-up, I have to add my theory about all these happenings.

I am sure you all agree that we have been facing some active solar flares, that caused some geomagnetic conditions on Earth. I once made a list of all the planes that had crashed for a long period of time, and it was really amazing. I have not been able to compare these figures with the solar conditions we had during that moment, but it made me think about it from another point of view cause not all the planes were old...
The list corresponds to plane crashes since January 2005. I am still working on it and hope to publish the results of the investigation in our ATS Research Project ( I am sure you will find it most interesting when published).

There are no cientific proofs. I know.
Even though, we should agree that old planes or those who have not been checked up, could be more sensible to geomagnetic conditions.

I am sure you will be thinking that many aire companies have been using planes with a lower safety and, therefore, many countries compiled a list of unsafe air companies. Ok. I agree that this is true. I am with you. Many companies are indeed unsafe.

Even though, lets think about it.

I think it is more difficult for a safe plane to become affected by special geomagnetic conditions caused by solar flares. Not impossible: but less possible.

I wonder if these unsafe planes could have been affected by something that caused a misfunction and a crash.

Before you answer, please, think about it.
Next time you hear a plane crashed, do not forget to check the solar conditions and compare datas.

We are having a lot of accidents now that the solar conditions improved. Some have been said were due to wind...

Come on...

There have always been old planes, or not?

read story of the crash CNN

[edit on 11-12-2005 by Ptolomeo]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I heard on a news report that maintenance on many fleets has been "outsourced". That sounds ominous. Who is doing the maintenance? Or not doing it?

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Alikospah]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Ptolomeo, if what you are saying has some credence to it then nobody is really safe flying on an airplane are they?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
There have also been a bunch of planes flying where they shouldn't have been. Southwest should have gone to O'Hare instead of Midway, the one after that was in bad weather too, and a bunch of other ones this year were all in bad weather. Planes don't do well in really bad weather. The terrain avoidance system is too slow in its current configuration.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CelticHeart
Ptolomeo, if what you are saying has some credence to it then nobody is really safe flying on an airplane are they?

I am afraid I haven´t found a way to confirm this yet, but I am still keeping up with all the information, trying to detect the matches, etc. Even though, I am sure there must be something interfering, say the geomagnetic field, the protons flares... I imagine you all know that when important solar flares are taking place there, spaceflights quickly move to a reduced corridor on the North of the Atlantic, in order to minimize the exposure to the radiation and that the crew of these spaceflights take shelter in the most secured area of the space far away from these flares...
Ok. This takes place far from Earth, but... Who can confirm that this radiation is not causing any harm to the Earth, say for instance to our flights? What about the Earth´s geomagnetic field?

In my opinion, I would say it is not safe flying on a plane during an important solar flare, but I also have to add that I also believe that the impact caused by it is not the same on modern planes than on older planes, not to mention those who have not passed their inspections as they should... Therefore, I think that modern planes - up to now - are able to cope with the effects of these solar flares, but other planes don´t.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is the idiots CT's fault putting the pilots in 30 min holding patterns in cold weather.

top topics

join