It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Israel Prepares Troops for Attack on Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
deltaboy:

You cant be certain that Israel would drop the bomb first. Maybe Iran if they get their own since they have pursue their dream of wiping Israel off the map.

Considering Iran MIGHT have one in a couple of months, and Israel has hundreds, I'd say my bet is safe.

Even without the U.S. Israel has the ability to adapt. Look at South Africa.

Can you explain that and how it relates to this discussion?

Riwka: WTF does the Holocaust have to do with ANYTHING? Was that due to the Iranians? Maybe if you had something useful and TIMELY to contribute instead of "Yeah but Hitler tried to wipe us out, Never again blah blah blah"

Many millions of NON-JEWS died in the Holocaust, so it's not specifically only Israel's to trot out whenever they need sympathy.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by Jakomo]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I like how the Israeli plans, should another holocaust occur, is to bring the entire World along for the ride via nuclear armageddon. Nothing like blackmail thats thinly veiled with sympathy.

[edit on 13/12/05 by subz]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Spare us the dramatics please, Riwka.

Who the heck are you to be telling ANYONE what they can and can not post? If you have a personal issue with another poster take it up via u2u and spare the rest of us the childish bickering.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

Can you explain that and how it relates to this discussion?

Look at Israels military industry that was able to produce their own weaponry. Even if the U.S. did not support Israel, Israel would have find other ways to protect themselves. For example what happened in 1948 where Israel was attacked by multiple of Arab nations and the nation was barely born but was able to fight off the aggression and even taken some territories. And Israel was not a real military power to be respected in the first place on paper. Israel can go through other channels to find ways to safeguard their nation.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
deltaboy: No, I asked what your comment about South Africa had to do with anything.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Spare us the dramatics please, Riwka.

Dramatics?

It is just one guy over there in Iran who would like "to whipe Israel off the map".

But Israel knows different ways to defend itself, so don't worry. You still can plan your holidays in the Jewish State of Israel next year.

Nothing dramatic at all.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Riwka look at my above post.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Hello! Just a friendly reminder that sometimes things look different according to which end of the threat you're on!

There are two valid, and two invalid sides to this situation, respect the right for all four of them to exist.

Doesn't mean you have to take any of them home and marry them.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

deltaboy: No, I asked what your comment about South Africa had to do with anything.

The ability to adapt when the whole world is against you. Just like Europe who condemned Israel's actions involving the Palestinians and have sanctioned military equipment, etc. That didnt end Israel when they found other ways to loop around the sanctions. For example Germany agree to supply the submarines to Israel. Ironic.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
deltaboy:

Hey, just answer the question.

You said:

Even without the U.S. Israel has the ability to adapt. Look at South Africa.

I said whjat do you mean, and your answers have had absolutely nothing to do with South Africa.

Your last answer:

The ability to adapt when the whole world is against you. Just like Europe who condemned Israel's actions involving the Palestinians and have sanctioned military equipment, etc. That didnt end Israel when they found other ways to loop around the sanctions. For example Germany agree to supply the submarines to Israel. Ironic.

doesn't even come close to answering the question. So what did you mean?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The ability to adapt when the whole world is against you Just like Europe who condemned Israel's actions involving the Palestinians and have sanctioned military equipment, etc. That didnt end Israel when they found other ways to loop around the sanctions. For example Germany agree to supply the submarines to Israel. Ironic.

Read the bold part. Look at South Africa when it was isolated. Look at Israel when its becoming isolated. Look at what Europe is doing against Israel. If you cant see that Israel is able to survive without any support or that you just dont know the definition of adapt.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
deltaboy:

If you cant see that Israel is able to survive without any support or that you just dont know the definition of adapt.

Again, no specifics. Israel will adapt just like South Africa did, huh? Because they are so similar in so many ways? lol

Don't bother responding, I think I've learned my lesson through trying to get an actual valid response from you. I won't get one, and you don't have one. Thanks for making that so clear.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Don't bother responding, I think I've learned my lesson through trying to get an actual valid response from you. I won't get one, and you don't have one. Thanks for making that so clear.

No it pretty much answers my assumption that you dont seem to get it even if my response is right or wrong. Not even correcting me either.

Ox

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is just a BAD idea.. Israel knows that the USA will get involved which is exactly what Iran wants. This can only go badly for all sides and is just YET ANOTHER example of what the Bushling is doing to this world.

It just amazes me that one man ... albeit an idiot can bring this kind of destruction to the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Originally posted by Frosty
This is exactly what Israel wants, a war with an rogue Arab nation with a powerful allie on either side of the borders, the US. This is what Bush wants, his crusade against anything Islamic/fundamentalistic.

My best guess is Sharon would be using this to 'step up' suicide bombings in Israel so he can create an excuse to march back on Gaza and wherever else he pleases.

Humm....do you happen to have any evidence to support your claims? or are they merely your opinion?.....

i would like to see any real evidence to support any of the claims you made above.
[edit on 12-12-2005 by Muaddib]

All I know is that Israel wants to remain the only nuclear power in the middle-east. That is for sure. They bombed Iraq's nuclear facilities, I don't think an extra few hundred miles is going to be any problem.

Bush? The guy started a war in Iraq for no other reason than to either a) finish what his dad started or b) wage a crusade against the arabs or c) help halliburton's profits.

I don't think that there is too much to stop Bush from finishing what Uncle Ron was caught up in.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
This is funny...

Iran can talk about developing nukes and "wiping israel off the map".

That's all good.

But as soon as Israel starts preparing her own troops on her own soil for potential conflicts from a nation that repeatedly threatens her, suddenly Israel has initiated World War 3.

What a joke.

No one ever said they were going to wipe Israel off the map. Propoganda 101, steal land, claim you lived there previously 2k years ago, bomb other countries to remain the only nuclear territory, and label anyone trying to get their land back a 'terrorist'. It worked well in the US once, why not Israel?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

No one ever said they were going to wipe Israel off the map.

I guess you missed that part.

Sorry, I guess I was hoping most people partaking in this thread read the news periodically.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Propoganda 101, steal land, claim you lived there previously 2k years ago

There is plenty of historical evidence that supports Israel's claim to the land. Aside from that they are backed with several UN resolutions. Like it or not the government can take your land and give it to others if they wish. This is just an imminent domain case on a national level.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
This is just an imminent domain case on a national level.

And as with the Supreme Court decision on eminent domain, nobody bothered to say anything until it was done and dusted.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Hmm, Listen to this, we really have underestimqated countries like Russia against the Usa because we only see a one sided view ala reports from the Cia, and the council on foreign relations, have america ever been with a war with any of the big powers except Japan(it's has no military) in recent times? the answer is a big emphatic NO! there goes our theory on America and Isreal Prowess.

There are other ways to gauge potential however. Many nations around the world have acquired hardware from, organized their forces in the image of, and adopted the doctrine of the major cold-war powers. Most Arab nations run soviet-style militaries with Soviet equipment, while Israel runs a more westernized military with western hardware and domestic improvements on the same.

What happens virtually every time a Soviet-style military goes up against a Western force, even when numbers are against them? Six Days War, Yom Kippur War, to a lesser extent the The Aozou War (Libyan Occupation of Northern Chad), Desert Storm, etc etc.

Are you aware that the Chinese military undertook a major modernization program as a direct result of the Gulf War, because they were shocked at how rapidly we had been able to cripple Iraqi forces? Granted Saddam never had a chance and his equipment was outdated- a common objection to any citation of that war, however how can you argue with the fact that nobody had any idea we could do it that fast, and that China and Russia both took notice and realized that we were capable of hurting them.

It also bears mentioning that Israel has been up against Russian aircraft flown by Russian pilots- they became just another notch on Israel's gun.

The US, and to a lesser extent those who the US shares with, are a bit ahead of the curve, especially where airpower is concerned. It's a matter of capital. We've got the money to let several designers battle it out to produce the best possible aircraft, get that aircraft off of the drawing board and into the sky, and then to get some of the very best people into the cockpit and get them to practice their butts off- because we can afford that.
Then Israels got an added intangible bonus- I can't tell you exactly what it is of course- that's why it's intangible- somehow they're meaner- they get things done. Ask Egypt.

I'm not saying that Israel could conquer Russia or any such nonsense. I'm simply saying that unless Russia is prepared to go way off the deepend and fight a really really big war over Iran, the worst we can reasonably expect is a couple days of skirmishing in the air and a few small shootouts along the border or by SF incursions.

I don't think that Russian forces are very well suited to small wars. The hardware and organizational style that came out of the Soviet Union was not meant for small wars, probably because the communists had embraced guerilla warfare as the default for small wars (revolutions).

With that in mind, I think that a small clash would result in Russia losing some aircraft and some of their Spetznaz, and then having to choose between going overboard to get revenge, or calling it a day before somebody gets hurt for real.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join