It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Threat for 12/12

page: 1

join
share:
la2

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Security at the Merry Hill Centre, in Dudley UK have been sending memo's to the managers of the centres 300 stores stating that UK Security Forces have a credible warning that the centre could be hit on Monday 12 december 2005.

Merry Hill is Europes largest out of town shopping centre, employing thousands, and attracts millions of shoppers each year, it plans to open from 12 miday til midnight on the 12th.

My source is a member of the management team from Pizza Hut, and is further colloberated by a source within Asda (owned by walmart).

I really hope this is stopped as i only live 300 yards from this site, i sit here with my fingers firmly crossed and i have sent the information to others in the hope that the news agencies pick it up to warn the public.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by la2]
*fixed caps lock title*

[edit on 12-12-2005 by dbates]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It won't happen-none of the successful attacks were never predicted-This might be someone's idea of a sick joke or just another urban legend story.Go to work,be calm,have a good day.........

[edit on 11-12-2005 by ARNOMANNN]

la2

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
i would have been in agreement if it wasnt for the simple fact that Merry Hill was always seen as a likely target back in the 1980's for th IRA, all that has changed is the focus, its no longer IRA terrorists planting bombs in bins, its people walking around with them in there bags or on themselves.

This sort of reaction has never happened before, not to the extent where memo's have been sent to store managers, its a worry and i thought it was worth mentioning to others.

la2

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I am hoping to have a copy of the momo's EXACT wording on here within the next few hours, then we can give a more informed view on how credible this threat either was or still is.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Hope everything will go on as normal tomorrow. Keeping my fingers and toes firmly crossed !

la2

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So am i.

I live really close to the centre, its so unprepared, over 10 years they have never examined how to empty europes largest shopping centre, where to put the evacuated people, how long it will take.

I hope they have foiled a plot and not just hoping it doesnt happen.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by la2
Security at the Merry Hill Centre, in Dudley UK have been sending memo's to the managers of the centres 300 stores stating that UK Security Forces have a credible warning that the centre could be hit on Monday 12 december 2005.

[...]

This being the case, is it not reasonable to assume that amongst the shoppers going about their business on the 12th, there will be people who are working for the self-same security services, and who will have a specific role to excecute a tactical response to any incident?

I'd expect there would be a highly visable uniformed security and possibly even police prescence too, wouldn't there?

Good luck anyway.

la2

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
i hope so, but on the busiest shopping day of the yr so far it could be difficult. 10,000 parked cars, 100+ busses, thousands of people, its a logistical nightmare.

The source i have said the Pizza Hut Resturaunt has joined the other retailers in pledging to open as usual, but will be extra vigilant.

only time will tell i guess

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
No predicted terror threat has happened, ever. Don't sweat it.

la2

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
they have, when warnings r misinterpreted.

Only by spreading the word can people be more aware and then things can go ahead as normal, i aint sweatin it, i'm just cautious.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
There's more to this story:

SCOTLAND YARD has issued a nationwide alert that Islamist terrorist cells may be plotting a Christmas bombing campaign.

The warning was distributed to police chiefs nine days ago by the Yard’s anti-terrorist branch. It follows a series of operations by police and MI5 aimed at disrupting possible attacks by terrorists linked to Al-Qaeda.

The latest warning was sent to the chief constables of the 51 forces in Britain on December 2. It said there was evidence to suggest that Islamist terrorists were planning to carry out bomb attacks against “crowded areas” such as shopping centres, football grounds and train stations.

Senior officers say the alert is not routine and are to increase patrols and searches of potential suspects.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

We've seen these warnings before, let's hope they don't get a follow-up!

la2

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I spent the most of 12/12 at the merry hill centre. The day passed of without incident, a large, highly visible police presence really made people feel nervous.

I really am thankfull nothing happened................. we live to fight another day.

God willing!!

CX

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by la2
I spent the most of 12/12 at the merry hill centre. The day passed of without incident, a large, highly visible police presence really made people feel nervous.

I really am thankfull nothing happened................. we live to fight another day.

God willing!!

Glad nothing happened........now call this a stupid question but.....from what i read, you are serious about this supposed threat right? You obviously have information from the businesses within the shopping centre to back up this threat? May i ask what possessed you to stay for most of the day in a place where you believed there could be a terrorist threat that day?

No offence or jest made by this post, i was just curious. I take it that you've never seen or been on the receiving end of a terrorist act, otherwise you'd have been anywhere BUT the intended target! Just a tip from someone who has seen far too many of this sort of thing go bang.....don't get curious unless you are paid to do so.

Like i say though, glad it did'nt happen in the end.

CX.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I told you nothing was going to happen there.If it was made public,there was going to be no attack

new topics

top topics

join