It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sauerkraut Cures Avian Flu!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Apparently about a dozen universities have done studies now, and they all agree that something in sauerkraut/kim chi (any kind of fermented cabbage, I guess) cures avian flu.

SUPERFOOD STRIKES AGAIN:

Scientists Find Kimchi Sauerkraut May Cure Avian Flu

A cure in a meal: U.S. Sauerkraut sales expected to skyrocket

Fremont, OH—October 18, 2005—In yet another indication that Sauerkraut is the super food of the 21st century, scientists at Seoul National University have successfully used Kimchi Sauerkraut to treat chickens infected with avian flu. Kimchi is a seasoned variety of sauerkraut that shares Lactobacillus bacteria with traditional Sauerkraut, which may be the critical element in preventing Avian Flu. Both Kimchi and traditional Sauerkraut are made by fermenting sliced cabbage, producing a high level of lactic acid... (cont.)

www.sauerkraut.com...

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

[edit on 11-12-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm so glad I love sauerkraut.

*Runs to the discount market to stock up.*

And don't forget cranberry juice kills viruses.

*Valhall envisions meals of sauerkraut and bratwurst with a nice glass of cranberry juice every night when the epidemic hits home*

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yum.. cranberry juice
. I thought all it did was cure urinary tract infections? Guess I was wrong. lol.

I haven't had sauerkraut in so long. I forget if I even like the stuff or not. Probably not... but doesn't look like I have a choice in the matter now

Again it is shown that simple everyday foods can cure "pandemic" diseases, and we really don't need to resort to harmful drugs. Hoorah!

Any stock investors out there? May I suggest investing in... SAUERKRAUT? haha.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Youve got to be kidding me!!!

lol

You really think saurkraut is going to cure avian flu?
Who gives a circumvention of the censor edited out what those articles say. THEY ARE BOGUS STUDIES!

You can just as easily find articles of "multiple official university studies" that a kind of "miracle soap" can cure any disease.

BOGUS UNIVERSITY STUDIES EXIST! THEYRE OUT THERE, GET USED TO IT!
They're fabricated to help with a political agenda or promote the alternative medicine businesses to make big bucks of selling herbs and crap which are not patented and violate no copyright laws to sell to morons who believe so easily.

There has yet to be any food that act as a stand alone cure for any virus! This would be the first time in history that a food alone can cure a viral disease!

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bob2000
BOGUS UNIVERSITY STUDIES EXIST! THEYRE OUT THERE, GET USED TO IT!
They're fabricated to help with a political agenda or promote the alternative medicine businesses to make big bucks of selling herbs and crap which are not patented and violate no copyright laws to sell to morons who believe so easily.

I don't get where alternative medicine businesses are going to benefit from the sauerkraut craze. Surely there's enough cabbage to go around without it having to be dispensed in capsules from New Age herbal stores.

Sauerkraut and sausages, here I come!

My favourite recipe is called stampot. After the sausages are almost done, throw the sauerkraut in with them to soak up the juice. Them stir the sauerkraut into mashed potatoes and GORGE yourself. H5N5 worries will disappear just eating that luscious meal. I recommend a beer rather than cranberry juice, though... I'd like that with my brekkie, preferably.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Actually I first saw this mentioned on a show called Nightly Business Report, so I don't think that it's a hoax.

Would Paul Kangas lie!?!?! lol.
www.nightlybusiness.org...

No, no single food can cure a virus. But no drug out there on the market can kill a virus either! But certain foods are known to lower risks of cancer, and greatly help various diseases. The sauerkraut creates an acid-rich environment that is hard for anything foreign to live in.

I can't find any websites directly calling the sauerkraut thing a hoax. There are plenty that call the Avian Flu scare a hoax, though. If you can find me 5 websites, scientific or journalistic in nature, declaring that the sauerkraut cure is a hoax, I'll believe it. But for now I think we should all enjoy some find Bavarian cooking.

And I'm not saying sauerkraut is the one miracle cure of avian flu. I'm just saying that I am fairly sure that it would help contribute to getting better, much like vitamin C when you are sick, etc.

A recent study by the University of New Mexico indicates that eating sauerkraut's main ingredient, cabbage, may help ward off breast cancer. Cabbage is packed with vitamins that may boost the immune system, and fermented cabbage contains lactic acid, which helps with digestion and may weaken infections.

A one-cup serving of sauerkraut provides 102 percent of the recommended daily intake of vitamin K, 35 percent of vitamin C and 12 percent of iron, according to NutritionData. Plus, it contains only 32 calories, with four grams of fiber.

www.abcnews.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
There is hope now. There is hope for humanity! Yes!!!

I would much rather consume large amounts of Sauerkraut than 1 dose of government endorsed Tamiflu.

I like the bagged kind.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Must be the cabbage. I'm in Korea and they think the same thing about the Kimchi.

news.bbc.co.uk...

This research also comes from a country where about 80% of doctors believe in Fan Death. (Fan death is not having a window open in summer when using a fan)

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
lol

Figures......my wife is Korean and shes always yelling at me that I should eat kim-chi......guess ill have to admit she right.

Her ego is going to sky-rocket lol

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I wonder how many other natural cures there are for other Diaseases ... or sicknesses ... ??? I always thought that god had put us here to use the earth. It says that he put us here to use all the herbs of the earth and everything like that ... I would think that he put cures for all the diaseases that are here ... But what about the ones that we created throughout human history ... Would you think there wree cures for them too ??

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I would think that he put cures for all the diaseases that are here ... But what about the ones that we created throughout human history ... Would you think there wree cures for them too ??

Tribes in the Amazon have an amazing understanding of botany, and have a cure for just about every disease you could think of. There are plants (and animals) in the rainforest that cure everything from malaria to cancer.

This is getting onto the conspiracy side moreso than just about the sauerkraut issue, but I have heard a lot of stories about how drug companies actually sue people who try to release natural cures without making any money off of it, and they try to keep them quiet.

When you think about it, drug companies are in a business to make money. They don't want you to buy anything or use anything that will eliminate the need for their whole industry, so they cover it up, or call it a bunch of baloney like bob2000 did and make you think that it's nonsense. And I am starting to see that modern medicine may actually be causing more diseases than it cures, with all the side-effects of medication these days, etc. Most drugs people need today don't even CURE diseases, they just keep it under control.

Why don't we have truely natural medicine? (And NOT New Age stuff, they're in it to make money too...)

The reason is that nobody can make as much money off of it as you can make from drugs! If all it would take was going outside and picking a few leaves off a plant, or buying and growing one plant and never needing to buy any ever again, then the whole drug industry would be out of business!

Drug companies' main objective is to make money, not to heal people. THAT is where the main problem lies.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think you hit the nail on the head ... The drugs that are out these days such as Vicodin, Lorset, Loratabs ... or other painkillers that Doctors prescribe ... may make you feel better when you take them .. But I have at least 2 friends and a Uncle that has scrips of them for at least 30 Norco's a month ... (A HIGHER DOSAGE of HYDROCODONE) .... the Lorasets and loratabs are the same without Aceudametafin ...**I know that's spelled wrong sorry ...** anyways .... These medicines have people addicted to them ... and the only times I have ever experienced them ... I have taken them with a sprained ankle and boy does that ankle feel good for that day .. But the next day ... it always seems to hurt worse than the first day ... because My bodies natural Healing process is Mislead by making my body think that the pain is gone ... So I feel like CRAP the next day .... I may even sleep wrong on my arm that night and my arm or shoulder may feel like crap the whole next day, too. Which in fact makes me want to go back to the prescription the next day because I hurt then, worse than the first day ... I personally have never taken these things two days in a roll .. because of this fact ... I personally don't even take Tylenol or other over the counter medicines ...

For I feel that these medicines don't make the pain go away they just make it where you can't feel it.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
whether it's true or not, I absolutely LOVE kimchi. My girlfriend is Korean and we eat kimchi with dinner almost every night. My favs are radish and cucumber kimchi! mmmmmmmm.

as for the whole pharmaceutical industry... it's all sorcery. There are so many natural remedies out there on this magnificent planet, but we as the general public are kept clear of this knowledge as the people in charge would rather feed us full of chemicals that are more harmful than anything.

Most people I know who rely on medication as opposed to self discipline/excerise/proper diet/etc.... become dependant on it. This dependancy usually leads to other pills that are meant to counter-effect the reactions of long-term usage from the first pills. It really is a vicious cycle.

I used to depend on Tylenol, Advil, etc... to rid me of my headaches and neck/back pain. Now... although it was difficult at first, I go for long walks, stretch and do breathing exercises and it works even better.

We should all take better care of ourselves people.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thank God I love kim chi and sauerkraut. Those are my favorite dishes in the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5Lostboy5
For I feel that these medicines don't make the pain go away they just make it where you can't feel it.

for some of us that is the best we can hope for. Either something to mask the pain or a lifetime of agony.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
That's fantastic.

I'm so glad I love sauerkraut.

Yeah me too especially on a hot dog, hey have any scientists figured out if kilbalsa cures anything if it does I could end up being the healthiest man on the planet.

Your choice people, tami-flu or korean barbecue.

I'm going with the korean barbecue.

Spiderj

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

for some of us that is the best we can hope for. Either something to mask the pain or a lifetime of agony.

Amuk, so funny that you responded to something I said I noticed you posted here that is the reason that I cam ein just to read your post lol ... Anyways ... I think that is what the world wants you to think.That is what they are trying to portray to you ... Mask your feelings along with your pain ... and just cover it up everyday with a pill that eventually is not going to work anymore ... or Cause more pain than it is taking away in the long run.

Example if I take a Vicodin(hydrocodone), like I did yesterday ... I feel AWESOME .. at the time .. by the way .. lol ... But .. Today ... My whole body feels like crap ... Man, did I ever get good sleep last night though ... But this morning I woke up and My arm and shoulder felt like they were seperating because I slept on my side on night long. If I wouldn't have slept on my side and been so comfortable and that Vicodin wouldn't have had my brain saying "YOU FEEL SO GOOD" I wouldn't have slept on my side and wouldn't feel like this today ... Besides for my body just feeling like it needs some more Vicodin ... To feel good ... ... Oh yeah .. Also my other friend takes more than he should and if he doesn't have at least 2 -3 of them a day .. When he lays down at night he gets the Jerks Real bad ... Anyways ... Drugs are bad .. Whether they are over the counter or as simple as Tylenol ... they are just masking the pain ... And if the world has taught you to mask everything ... Fight against it there is another way your NAUTRAL body will handle itself accordingly if you will just let it.

P.S. .. Have great respect for your Entries Amuk ..

[edit on 13-12-2005 by 5Lostboy5]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
YES!

Kimchi with rice and bulgogi is my favorite meal.
Comes from many years of Korean culture immersion, trust me.

Nice to know I could be bird flu safe.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
But it'll sure help take the chill off a cold winter's day:

www.recipesource.com...

Spareribs & sauerkraut with some dark crusty bread. Yum. Poooork.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

P.S. .. Have great respect for your Entries Amuk ..

[edit on 13-12-2005 by 5Lostboy5]

Thanks

I would be happy to try something other than the drugs they have me on but nothing else seems to work. As fior people taking to much and when they dont need it, that is a personal issue. I have taken the drugs they give me only when needed and most that I know on a pain management program are the same.

I am far from singing the praises of the drug companies just saying they have their place too.

You speak of sleeping on your side to long, my pain is so great I cant sleep at all lots of the time WITH the pain meds. Without I can barely walk.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by Amuk]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join