It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passwords and PS2 games...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Okay, dudes first of all, How can I set a password on a folder in 'my documents' So only I have access?

Second, I have like 8 episodes of Lost that Im burning to a DVD but only one of them fits!!! I am using 4.7 GB DVD discs. Now I hear those PS2 discs are 52GB. Is there any way I can erase the game so its a blank disc or something?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

by Atomix:
Okay, dudes first of all, How can I set a password on a folder in 'my documents' So only I have access?

In WindowsXP simply right-click on the desired folder ... select "Sharing and Security", then place a check in the box to "Make this folder private", click "Apply", click "OK". (this requires a password for your user account on the computer.)

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

by Atomix:
Second, I have like 8 episodes of Lost that Im burning to a DVD but only one of them fits!!! I am using 4.7 GB DVD discs.

If you are doing so in DVD format you're only going to get about 2hrs. of video on a single disk, and that may even require some degree of compression.

If the disc will only be viewed/played on a computer you could render the videos as AVI, MPEG, etc. and fit several on a single DVD disc, while retaining decent quality.

It all depends upon your intended future viewing.

by Atomix:
Now I hear those PS2 discs are 52GB. Is there any way I can erase the game so its a blank disc or something?

First they would have to be Re-Writable, which I highly doubt.

As for the 52Gb storage ... again, highly doubtful. I think it's more like 5.4G, as that's the biggest DVD disc I have seen available.

Questions:

- How long is each episode.
- How were the episodes captured? format, hardware and/or method?

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Each episode is about 42 minutes. They are in .AVI and were aquirred from Limewire...

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well, as I said if you only need to view the episodes on your computer then you should be able to fit several on a single DVD disc. However, if you actually convert/burn them to DVD format (to be played on a home player) then you are only going to get one, maybe two with high compression, episode(s) per disc.

Hopes this helps, or is at least a bit informative.

[edit on 12/11/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Have a look for some Double (dual) layer DVD +R disks (if your DVD writer can handle dual layer disks), these DVDs can handle up to 8.5GB of data on one disk.

[edit on 12/12/05 by Towards Omega]

top topics

join