It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dieselboy who?? us drum n bass what??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
look i live in dc...im a huge drum n bass fan...im sick of hearing how deiselboy is so great and how he represents the us.....no wonder england thinks our scene is a joke....i mean our local scene has djs that would trump dieselboy....i dont know what americas sick and twisted love absession with him is but it has to stop.......i have noticed though that it seems to be the newbies who always say this.....i mean i went to see lemon d and dillinja at buzz....first off these guys showed that yes the uk guys arnt just producing they can throw down .....after seeing the crowd pop over and over again...i mean you could feel the energy in the room go nuts when they played "twist em out" i looked at the kid next to me and said "it sucks that when ever the uk guys come they always up the bar for us"...he freaks out and says "how can you say that, you have to rep your country...man what about dieselboy?"...so i said " if your going to name an american dj whos good why him...why not phantom 45, or danny the wildchild,ak 1200, j smooth?" he just looked puzzled.....like who are these guys.....yes dieselboy can beatmatch and he gets all the best records free.......but what about actually having skills.....like beat juggling, cut n stops , you know tricks...any body can beat match.......anybody can rewind a hot record...what about taking an ok trackand dropping another ok track using some skill and imajination and making the crowd pop letting you know they want the rewind cuz the want to hear your skills not just cuz that records crazy phat...i mean look at canada....they have sniper and freaky flow....these guys have skills out the yingyang....

so i beg all those who love drum n bass and care about our scene on a global level......lets move on yes dieselboy was good when the scene was just budding but we have out grown him because he refused to grow up with us...........im not saying he sucks because he doesnt ..but there are plenty of other drum n bass djs out there that would better represent the us in the global scene.........

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
plague, thanks for making me feel like a geezer. I have no idea what you are talking about. I play a little bass and drums; like the instruments.

But if this music makes you move.....

ROCK ON!!

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
man come on this musics been on the rise for the last 14 to 15 years........i also play guitar and bass......but damb ive got mad respect for anyone who can play the drums ...

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
can you name me some more local djs ? id sure like to check them out , ive got this old dieselboy set from back in 94 and it didnt sound too bad

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
man drum n bass has changed alot since 94........youve probably got a bassrush tape...mostlikely bassrush 3...it too was my favorite tape for awhile......local dc/balt guys ok....theres the 2 tuff guys (although i havent heard them making much fuss lately , but ive been shut up in my room for a couple of months now), john tab, jungle jessi, dj styli, little joe, dj fraggle (fn awsome), articulate method just to name a few...not saying they all have mad skills but hey when dieselboy comes to town you have to 25 bucks to see him do and mix the same as those guys, only youd have to pay half as much or less to see them............

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
man oh man
ive been listening to drum and bass for 5 years..
now deiselboy is good.. but i mean there is alot better dnb out there..
for serious

im from toronto ontario; now their jungle n dnb scene is HUGH

alot alot alot of jungle dnb parties

we get alot of dj's from the uk here...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
yea ive heard you guys do it big up there.....i mean freaky flow's the man...we get alot of uk djs here too (our big club in dc is buzz/cubic)....

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
nah this is the dieselboy set i got : Dieselboy - Live on WRCT 94

but i sure will check out those other guys , im on soulseek atm so i should be able to find some sets by those guys i bet

i myself am more into the oldskool uk hardcore thingy 90-93 really but i enjoy the occasional jungle d+b set now and then

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Dj Dara has to be my favorite. He is Irish but lives in New York, anybody into this guy? Used to be into AK 1200 5-7 years ago. More of a Hard Dance DJ myself

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
dj daras good but im just more into technical type stuff like turntablist and stuff........i mean anybody can match beats with some practice....im not into house but i like bad boy bill...hes got some skills.........and i must slap myself for not including dj craze in my list of skilled djs........everytime ive caught him spinning a jungle set its been off the hook

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
look i live in dc...im a huge drum n bass fan...im sick of hearing how deiselboy is so great and how he represents the us.....no wonder england thinks our scene is a joke.....

No - we dont think your scene is a joke! (yes im a brit - and proud obviously) but i agree with your assertion of dieselboy - think he kinda stinks, i prefer breakbeats or drum n bass. I have many american artists in my collection - but as you are probably aware, drum n bass is more underground now. No i do not like that new noisy electro drum n bass, i prefer the deep tingle ya ribs bass.. you know the type - the type that makes ya breakfast breakdance in ya stomach kinda bass.

I must tell you that the scene now is very much into this fluid funk thing at the moment - quite hypnotic too , djflairs new album is great, fabios liquid funk album is also great... as well as several others.

Chin up fella , your not alone out here....

top topics

join