It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wiccas and Jesus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Question for Wiccas and Pagans - what are your thoughts on Jesus? Obviously, he can't be the son of God, but who or what was he? Do you believe he was a great prophet or do you not believe in him at all?

Lily

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I am an eclectic witch who practices Wicca. As far as Jesus goes, I believe that he may have been a real person in historical content. I do not believe that he was part of a godhead though. Just an enlightened man. When I study Jesus, I look at a lot of the gnostic texts and what was written about him.

I feel that the things Jesus stood for are good. His saying of, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is very similar to one of the basis of my Wiccan beliefs. It is called the Wiccan Rede and is as followed: "An ye harm none, do as ye will." IT's like the golden rule. treat others how you would want to be treated. I could go on about my beliefs, but I'll keep it but I'll keep it focused on your question.

Even if Jesus wasn't a real person, it would do the world good if everyone followed his lifestyle and his Golden Rule. I know I try to.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I completely agree. I saw a show one time that compared Jesus' teachings to Buddah's. I'm still making the transformation from Christianity to Wicca and with Christmas and all, I was wonder how Wiccas and Pagans view Jesus.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I do know of a lot of pagans that don't believe he even existed. It really just depends on who you ask.

If you have any questions about your transformation to Wicca, drop me a line. I'd be glad to share my insight with you.

Blessed be.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Lady L if you would like drop me a u2u. I can have my DW contact you. I will
also point her to this thread. She is a Pagan/Christian and has found the
meeting place between the 2 beliefs.

I do not believe that Jesus, as protrayed by the followers and writings of Paul
existed. I do believe that R. Yehoshua the teacher and Priest did exist but was much different than has come down to us in fable.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
i practise wicca, i have done for many years.
i agree with thirddensity that Jesus was a spiritual man and in my opinion he wasn't part of anything involving the gods.

he was a great man and gave many people spiritual guidance.

oni x x

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Yeshua was a qabalist, the jewish equivalint to a wiccan. in qabalistic terms he was the son of god, as he had reached a level where the forces of nature and life were by and large at his beck and call.. being the enlightend being that he was i doubt he would have any serious issues with wiccans.. and as he had traveled well out of hebrew lands he would have likely had contact with the shamans and druids of the time, that having been said i think he would find the use of "Gods and Goddesses" in wicca to be a waste of time and energy as Qabalists concern themselves with the singular force of creation rather then the personification of said force which people who cant seperate metaphor from the literal, call God(s)

new topics

top topics

join