It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Racial Riots Erupt In Sydney Australia

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
edited to let suzy ryan know I did read it, just looked like U were yelling and I didnt wanna read it if U were on the BS band-wagon. am at work alsoand being watched
lol

- I did read it, but calm down love, U seem angry in your posting. And we all are, I am sure, but anger is not gonna help anybody.

We should be directing our anger at our government.
This was indeed inevitable and they didn't do a damn thing to prevent it and a half-assed job at dealing with it.

But nobody is going to sympathize with this "mob" unless of course they are as racist as they are. Simple really, because that is how they have gone about this, in a very racist way and alot of Australians do not tolerate it.

I don't give a damn what U went through, U do not play the police's role. THEY get paid to do that, not U as a citizen so sitcho ass at home and shut up like the rest of us. I know how to avoid dealing with things I don't want to, it's quite simple.

And some of these kids were not even around 20 years ago, so I don't buy that crap of them being the ones who have suffered at the hands of gang violence. Some of thes ekids are 15 and 16!!! They are just as much a part of the problem as these arab australians.

And as for these girls getting stabbed or whatever I am reading, what on Earth are they even doing there?

I was taught that when trouble starts, leave. Just leave and get the hell out.

All of these people want this dear. What can we do for them?

[edit on 12-12-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Fine, refuse to even see the truth, let alone admit it and continue to feed the violence.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
Fine, refuse to even see the truth, let alone admit it and continue to feed the violence.

suzy I edited my post, I am not disagreeing with U, i am simply stating my opinion on some of the things U said.
I am not ignoring this but it makes me upset to see the racism flow onto the boards.

see my post above.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
I don't give a damn what U went through, U do not play the police's role. THEY get paid to do that, not U as a citizen so sitcho ass at home and shut up like the rest of us. I know how to avoid dealing with things I don't want to, it's quite simple.

And some of these kids were not even around 20 years ago, so I don't buy that crap. They are just as much a part of the problem as these arab australians.

And as for these girls getting stabbed or whatever I am reading, what on Earth are they even doing there?

What happens when the police refuse to do their job or are unable to do their job because of cutbacks in the number of police officers or just rules and restriction preventing them from acting in an effectiv manner?

It should then be up to the community to start poicing itself until the police finally do get their act together.

You asked what the girls who got stabbed by middle easterners were doing there, did you ask the same about the Lebanese who got roughed up yesterday?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Boy, it seems you just can't please muslims.

An article on the riots commented on the girl who's headscarf was torn off.
He talks about how the French are racist for banning the headscarf and then has the nerve to imply that the British are racist for allowing girls to wear the headscarf because it singles them out.

So banning the headscarf is racist and not banning the headscarf is also racist. Whatever man.

matahaba

Throughout the Western world the Muslim symbol of decency is portrayed as a sign of militancy which needs to be removed. The French succeeded doing this by manipulating the law, the Aussies, after a few cans of lager, preferred to take the law into their own hands.

The British are even more cunning. They let women keep their scarves, happy that this makes it easier for them to be discriminated against, and even get the head of the government-sponsored race relations body, Trevor Phillips, to lecture Muslims on the need to integrate.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Every race colour creed and nation has "bad Eggs" the problem here is everyone is going to be lumped with those bad eggs. On the surface its a race problem but underneath there is another issue. Bored and misspent youth. When I say youth and see 40 year olds involved with this violence I see them as bad eggs, trying to hold on the ghosts of youth.

Nothing is done here in this country in an official capacity to address, reconcile, educate and stop these issues - bad eggs, misspent youth and racism.

We have sport, sport is supposed to be a relaxing entertaining recreation activity and yet we have soccer for example, One team versus another team. Each sides supporters takes on the "versus" role and to some extent goes up against the other which perpetuates this racism and bored youth.

We have religion that further divides the races and most of all we have history. Paybacks are a b*tch. my grandfather faught your grandfather so I hate you and will fight you too.

Religion in this case is a great precursor. Muslims are strict with dress code and behaviour, British Australia is not, the differences in these religious moral codes incites a further divide between the races.

We have language, different speak, different cultures. "New Australians" come to this land to seek out a new future but find themselves isolated, unable to speak the language and unable to then mix socially. It is then only natural that people of "like" will band together. Shops will spring up in enclave areas with food from the old country, items for social culture from the old country and the residents will follow. A kebab shop is not going to want to spring up next door to a bacon pork hot food supplier for example because it is considered not right.

If more people started crossing those divides and learning and even accepting each others cultures then the more chance it will all mix together. Maybe not succesfully totally because in some cases religion is too strong. Tolerance only begins with knowledge. Everyones got to give a little, let go of the past a touch in order to move forward in a new nation.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
So banning the headscarf is racist and not banning the headscarf is also racist. Whatever man.

Wow
, that's some of the most twisted logic I've seen in a while...why doesn't he just say we're all infidels and can never do anything right?

Good find Ace

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'm confused. How come the Australians (white) are smashing cars and shop windows that belong to white Australians?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

What happens when the police refuse to do their job or are unable to do their job because of cutbacks in the number of police officers or just rules and restriction preventing them from acting in an effectiv manner?

It has been stated, I heard withmy own ears, that their is sufficient numbers over there to deal with this, they just aren't. Perhaps someone should ask them the question U just did. Maybe somejust don't want to ? who knows. I did see a few very noble officers, doing their job, using force against them to stop them really harming people. What are they gonna do if one of these arabs dies from their violence ? are they that bad ?
Are these people willing to deal with the repercussions of that happening ?because they are running that risk.

It should then be up to the community to start poicing itself until the police finally do get their act together.

That may be the case where U are from dear, but here we don't form our own police forces when we feelthe need arises because we think so. That is against the law here.

You asked what the girls who got stabbed by middle easterners were doing there, did you ask the same about the Lebanese who got roughed up yesterday?

Over and over again, but as I have stated before some of the arabic youths in Sydney are a problem, this is no big secret to anyone who lives here, but not all are. So how do these actions by the people who started these riots fix that ? they don't, they make it worse.

On this issue I agree that the police and government were not doing enough to control the situation in some areas there. As said before, and not only by me, this was inevitable. Guess this is just the wake up call they needed.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
I'm confused. How come the Australians (white) are smashing cars and shop windows that belong to white Australians?

They aren't.
Those were the middle easterners who were doing that.

smh.com.au

SYDNEY erupted in a second night of racial violence last night as Middle Eastern mobs fired shots into the air, attacked women and smashed shops around Cronulla, while up to 600 young men - armed with guns and crowbars - prepared for a battle.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

They aren't.
Those were the middle easterners who were doing that.

Uhh AceOfBase, we have seen them doing it. Both of them alike.

Nventual, these lads aren't very bright, that's why. They were shown on tape pelting beer bottles that weren't even empty at cop's heads.

They don't even respect their own, let alone their men in uniform.

Just a damn shame.

This article was last night. There's your re-action from the actions of the others on the weeknd who instigated it all ...

smh.com.au SYDNEY erupted in a second night of racial violence last night as Middle Eastern mobs fired shots into the air, attacked women and smashed shops around Cronulla, while up to 600 young men - armed with guns and crowbars - prepared for a battle.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I don't think the Police will be too fond of helping them in the future to stop the middle easterners/lebs from future bashings if they keep abusing them.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I don't think the Police will be too fond of helping them in the future to stop the middle easterners/lebs from future bashings if they keep abusing them.

exactly! An excellent point Nventual.
They are not solving nor helping their situation by acting like this, why is this so hard for some to see ?

They are acting worse than the gangs and putting themselves in a very bad ligt for dealing with this the way they are, let alone starting it.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Wow
, that's some of the most twisted logic I've seen in a while...why doesn't he just say we're all infidels and can never do anything right?

Good find Ace

I agree, very twisted. And really just the opinion of one man, this does not reflect on any other Muslim just because he said it.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

They are acting worse than the gangs and putting themselves in a very bad ligt for dealing with this the way they are, let alone starting it.

How are they acting worse than the gangs?
How many women did they threaten to gang rape?
How many women did they knock unconcious with baseball bats?
How many women did they shoot at?

Also, let's not forget that the crowd of 5,000 were not the only ones who acted out against the police.

The lebs, who the police had protected the previous day, also went after the police and actually had to be protected by the Bra-Boys.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

How are they acting worse than the gangs?
How many women did the threaten to gang rape?
How many women did they knock unconcious with basebll bats?
How many women did they shoot at?

Also, let's not forget that the crowd of 5,000 were not the only ones who acted out against the police.

The lebs, who the police had protected the previous day, also went after the police and actually had to be protected by the Bra-Boys.

I can sit here and point out single incidents to U too AceOfBase, I can tell many a story of all kinds of harrassmnet I have been placed at the hands of by some anglo men, but I won't. Because I handle that very thing the way a human should, it doesn't make me hate an entire race of people, I hate the actions of those who actually do it Nor does pointing fingers solve anything.

The fact remains those who instigated this were wrong in every way. So they are indeed worse. No gang-related incident has ever led to this amount of violence that I have ever read or seen. And for every bad thing these "Lebs" do, there is a law for it. So those who are so angry at them getting 'better treatment" (lol @ that) can take that up with their Legal system/government.

Just get off the damn streets!like some damn wild animals. smh.

And I'll say it again, this is deplorable behaviour by all.
This taking sides is very immature too IMO.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Trent
yet you couldn't help but use this tragedy to bash Australia.

Thats right, I'm an anti-oz-ite.

Yeah it's pretty damn obviously when you make comments like this.

"Perhaps this lynching and mobbing shouldn't be a surprise to anyone."

And why would it be? We are all a bunch on convict savages, no surprise at all that we would act like this
Well believe it or not but some of us are surprised and appalled by what happened and never expect to see such a thing in this day and age.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Trent]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
why when whites riot over their people being attacked by non-whites its deemed racism but if any other group riots for the exact same reason its "bringing attention to inequality"?

talk about hypocracy..

[edit on 12-12-2005 by namehere]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
why when whites riot over their people being attacked by non-whites its deemed racism

Do U not think this is racism ?

but if any other group riots for the exact same reason its "bringing attention to inequality"?

talk about hypocracy..

Who named what "bringing attention to inequality" ?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Who named what "bringing attention to inequality" ?

Souljah and a few other members made claims like that during the France riots.
He also made comments like 'no justice, no peace'.

I notice that he is absent from this thread though.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join