It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Racial Riots Erupt In Sydney Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Its all a setup. Corrupt officials hire two traitors to commit a crime so their race can be used as a scapegoat. Its happening all over the place now.

There is no conspiracy in the media or government to incite violence against muslims or anyone else.

The media goes out of their way to downplay the race of minorities involved in crimes.

Just look at this article from Sweden in which two girls were brutally raped by a group of Somali men who were identified in the media as Swedes and a Fin.

It's in Swedish but you can see the shiloettes they used were made to look European and the nationalities were listed besides the shioloettes as Svensk (Swedish) and Finsk (Finnish).

info14

Picture of one of the victims

EDIT:

The Aftonbladet article:
Mötte sina plågoandar i rätten

[edit on 11-12-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Please quote accurately
You completely skipped the part of Mayets post, which I was responding to

No I didnt, you're wrong again. You quoted the following from Mayet's openning post:

Tonight hundreds of Middle eastern people are driving in the Eastern suburbs smashing cars and and there are reports of shootings with Australians being bashed in restaurants. The rioting has spread to other suburbs and all police available have been called into the area to help contain the violence.

I have bolded what I quoted in response to you.

You quoted the entire paragraph and deemed it "completely wrong" and "none" of it happend. I think I quoted your post accurately. no?

How about this?

And no one has been admitted to hospital anywhere near a serious condition

A police spokesman said a 23-year-old man is in St George Hospital in a serious condition following an altercation at the corner of Gannons Road and Denman Avenue in Woolooware about 10.25pm (AEDT).

Radio 2GB reported the victim had a knife "embedded in his back".

The police spokesman said: "The 23-year-old man was with friends outside a golf club when a group of males of Mediterranean or Middle Eastern appearance approached him.

Man Stabbed During Altercation

Yet again it seems you are the one who is indeed talking fiction. I see no real benefit proving you wrong as it doesnt add to the content of the story beyond trying to show you how fruitless such activities can be. If you have conflicting evidence please provide it for us. Conjecture on your part because you havent actually seen these events occuring is not productive and you should consider refraining from posting it for the good of the reader

[edit on 11/12/05 by subz]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

It still maybe, a couple of reports to a radio talk show doesn't make it fact

I think its been established that these are reports from reputable sources. I would consider The Australian to be a reputable source. Again, in the abscence of conflicting evidence on your part I find your conjecture to be groundless.

It's 4:30 am here now, I doubt any new information has come out.
Am I wrong, I don't think so. There may be problems but not nearly as sensational as you and others may like. As for being wrong, I haven't heard of people shooting guns or that 2 policemen had been shot
So yes, I believe I'm right.

You said "none" of what you quoted was right. Maybe you should'nt generalize if you dont want to be writing fiction of your own.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
so it happened in paris, now it's happening in AU. both involving middle eastern and the local non middle eastern folks. of course i'm sure stuff like this happens all the time but just isn't reported....?

from what i read, sounds like there is some animosity between, i will call them immigrants...(just assuming,) and the 'locals' . if AU is like AMERIKA in its immigrant population...you have a whole bunch of people moving into a city/area/country who don't really want to assimilate into the culture..that can go on for only so long. it seems like just about every major city has a 'little mexico', or 'little china' or 'little somalia'. all which are a bastardized version of thier old country....no attempt to be one with the culture of thier new country. just thought of this....for you worldly travlers...are there areas in other countries that would be 'little america' ?

maybe the AU riot is just a bunch of young hot-head wanna-be gangs letting off ALOT of steam...or it's only the second large riot involving 'middle eastern' looking people and the 'locals'..............get my drift...................

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Tonight hundreds of Middle eastern people are driving in the Eastern suburbs smashing cars and and there are reports of shootings with Australians being bashed in restaurants. The rioting has spread to other suburbs and all police available have been called into the area to help contain the violence.

I have bolded what I quoted in response to you.

The Eastern suburbs is a huge place and has dozens of suburbs within its area. To say that middle eastern men are driving asround the eastern suburbs, gives a false impression on the size of the problem. Only 2 other nearby suburbs have reported anything, not dozens as ' Eastern Suburbs ' implies.
There have been no shootings and I have heard nothng about a person in a restaurant being attacked/ Although that stuff happend anyway without Sunday's events.

And no one has been admitted to hospital anywhere near a serious condition

A police spokesman said a 23-year-old man is in St George Hospital in a serious condition following an altercation at the corner of Gannons Road and Denman Avenue in Woolooware about 10.25pm (AEDT).

Radio 2GB reported the victim had a knife "embedded in his back".

As yet it hasn't been proven as related. LOL, funny how you quote from a 2GB source as they are one of the primary radio stations which are supposedly stirring up this ethnic violence - they'd be reliable

Conjecture on your part because you havent actually seen these events occuring is not productive and you should consider refraining from posting it for the good of the reader

Excuse me, but I am only a few suburbs from Cronulla
You really haven't presented much fact yourself. As your 2GB report is purely conjecture in itself, yet you pass it off as fact.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There are many reasons why assimilation doesn't occur to the extent we would like. Some of it is their fault, some of it is ours. There are many non-immigrants who do not accept or welcome immigrants into their community. Why should they bother trying to integrate when they will be rejected and never accepted as Australian unless they are white?

Then to use that as an excuse to lump entire communities into being responsible and deserving of vigilante retribution because of the actions of a few is reprehensible. How many Australian gangs commit crimes and beat people up? I've grown up seeing groups of Australian thugs terrorising my town and hanging out making trouble and hurling abuse at the local train station. Wow, maybe we should go bash every single white guy because of these clowns.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

The Eastern suburbs is a huge place and has dozens of suburbs within its area. To say that middle eastern men are driving asround the eastern suburbs, gives a false impression on the size of the problem. Only 2 other nearby suburbs have reported anything, not dozens as ' Eastern Suburbs ' implies.

You're relying on semantics? Ok then, "Eastern Suburbs" implies more than one suburb not dozens. Your nit-picking for the sake of it.

There have been no shootings and I have heard nothng about a person in a restaurant being attacked/ Although that stuff happend anyway without Sunday's events.

Then say that, dont generalize

As yet it hasn't been proven as related. LOL, funny how you quote from a 2GB source as they are one of the primary radio stations which are supposedly stirring up this ethnic violence - they'd be reliable

That was a report from The Australian newspaper, not 2GB. They mentioned something said on 2GB in their report. Come on buddy, you're making noises about other people not getting their facts straight yet you're doing it all over the place.

Excuse me, but I am only a few suburbs from Cronulla
You really haven't presented much fact yourself. As your 2GB report is purely conjecture in itself, yet you pass it off as fact.

Again, it wasnt a 2GB report and if you've got conflicting evidence post it. Please dont assume that because you're near the area that you have any chance whatsoever of know absolutely everything that is going on. Also Im not going to take it as a given that you actually are "a few suburbs from Cronulla". You could be anywhere. Why are you automatically promoted to trustworthy and totally reliable whilst others have to fight tooth and nail for you to grant them the same?

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

How many Australian gangs commit crimes and beat people up? I've grown up seeing groups of Australian thugs terrorising my town and hanging out making trouble and hurling abuse at the local train station.

I wouldn't know, whenever I'm out in the city, it's always lebanese gangs and they're always looking for trouble. Especially when there the ones hurling racial abuse at us because we're white
Ever heard of thh term ' Skip ' as in Skippy the kanagaroo, that's how they refer to us and it isn't complemetary. Don't go around pointing the finger that white people are racists and no one else is

You obviously don't go into Sydney City much or you would have come across them. When I'm out with friends we avoid them.

PS. I see no further point in arguing, it'll get us too sidetracked and we'll get too upset. I'll watch the TV news at 6am in 1 hour - if these reports have any truth then I'll hear about it then.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by mad scientist]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Some groups in the crowd, estimated to have peaked at 5000, also stomped on and swarmed around police cars trying to move from one violent flare-up to the next.
Officers were forced to shut down some roads, which were littered with empty bottles as alcohol fuelled anger on the streets.
A group later made its way back to Cronulla for a retaliatory strike, where men of Middle Eastern appearance are reported to have bashed a local man unconscious

A DAY of race-fuelled violence at Cronulla spread through other beachside suburbs in Sydney's south last night, with one man stabbed and at least ten arrested.
Police and an ambulance crew were also assaulted as racial tensions peaked.
Hopes that the violence had subsided by nightfall were dashed when, in an apparent retaliatory strike, a 23-year-old man was stabbed in the back outside a golf club at nearby Woolooware.

t about the same time, up to 50 carloads of youths smashed more than 100 cars with baseball bats and other weapons in the beach suburb of Maroubra.
Riot police were also called to the beachside suburb of Brighton-le-Sands to control groups of brawling youths who had reportedly thrown projectiles at police.

www.news.com.au...
seven.com.au...
Excellent timeline and description of the event.

RACIAL violence erupted in several Sydney suburbs last night in retaliation for a rampage by thousands of young residents through Cronulla that turned the seaside suburb into a battlefield.
Rockdale police gathered in riot gear following reports of youths armed with crowbars near the train station after 10pm, a car driver trying to run down a police officer, and items being thrown at police cars in Bay Street, Brighton-le-Sands. The street was blocked off.
Around North Cronulla beach and the surrounding streets, drunk teenagers communicated with each other on walkie-talkies about rumoured sightings of Lebanese gangs.
Commanders from the Bankstown and Campsie patrols were on alert amid fears of outbreaks of violence. Shortly before midnight police received reports of a convoy of up to 40 carloads of youths heading from Punchbowl Oval to the eastern suburbs.
By 12.30am today there were reports of 20 cars with men of Middle Eastern appearance at a BP petrol station in Cronulla, throwing rocks.
SMH

The Confirmation of my original report mounts. I'm not arguing I am defending the truth. * Puts defender of truth cape on... ...bah its just my purple nightie
I really need some sleep....

[edit on 11-12-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I see no further point in arguing, it'll get us too sidetracked and we'll get too upset.

Completely true, im glad you see it that way now. That was my point from that outset

Now back to the story

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

That was a report from The Australian newspaper, not 2GB. They mentioned something said on 2GB in their report. Come on buddy, you're making noises about other people not getting their facts straight yet you're doing it all over the place.

Well 2GB is the source of reports of carloads of youths smashing up cars in the Eastern Suburbs with baseball bats. Anyway we'll soon know what happened

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
OK, just watching the 6am news and it does indeed seem to been what Mayet said. Although nobody was shot and especially no police officers.

Here are some of the things :
  • Middle Eastern men were doing 'burnouts' in their cars and burning the Australian flag.
  • 40 carloads of middle eastern youths returned to North Cronulla last night to cause more trouble. IMO - Considering that none of them were involved during the day, it's obvious they were looking for a fight. However this is nothing new if you're a Sydney sider.
  • Between 40-100 cars were smashed by middle eastern youths in Brighton Le sands.

So yes, Mayet did seem to have the pulse of events last night, for the most part

Anyway this is unfolding on the morning news, so I'll post any new info.

EDIT : I haven't heard anything about them, but there is a notorious gang called the ' Bra Boys ' after Maroubra beach. I can't help but think they were heavily involved in this in some way. They are known for being very territorial. BTW, they're predominantly made up of Anglo Saxon Australians.

EDIT : Turns out the Bra Boys did hvae clashes with rioters at the Maroubra Hotel - I assume the rioters were the MIddle Eastern youths who turned up in 40-50 cars later on Sunday night.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
breakingnews.iol.ie...

Racial tensions erupted today into running battles between police and thousands of white youths, many chanting racial slurs against ethnic Middle Easterners, at a beachside suburb in southern Sydney.
“People of Middle Eastern backgrounds that have been seen in the Cronulla area – a swarm of the crowd has approached these people with vile abuse,” said Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Goodwin.

dailytelegraph.news.com.au...

MAROUBRA Beach could be the new setting for race riots this weekend after police discovered a text message urging Middle Eastern gangs to start trouble in the Eastern Suburbs instead of Cronulla.
The message urged troublemakers to go to Maroubra beach on Sunday because the heavy police presence at Cronulla would prevent a confrontation.
The development came a day after The Daily Telegraph published comments from the Bra Boys surf gang leader, Koby Abberton warning Middle Eastern gangs to "stay away" from Maroubra.
Cronulla parents yesterday vowed to press ahead with a nippers carnival despite fears that brawls could erupt at the beach.
Cronulla residents yesterday turned on Premier Morris Iemma, accusing him of applying a "Bandaid" to racial problems in the area.

News.com.au
THEY called it a day of pride, but it will go down as a day of national disgrace.
Thousands of drunken youths descended on Cronulla in Sydney's south yesterday for the race riots police had feared.
"I'm an Australian, I was born here," a youth of Middle Eastern descent told locals who had taunted him with chants of "Kill Lebs".
Minutes later, he was left covered in blood, punched to the ground and kicked, before being led to safety by police.
Two girls of Middle Eastern descent were also pushed to the ground and pelted with beer bottles as police tried to rescue them.
The day began as a show of solidarity with thousands of locals draping themselves in Australian flags and calling for peace in their beachside suburb.

This all needs to be stopped now before it spreads to Wollongong and Melbourne. The media needs to tone down their reports and stop getting everyone excited over it all and not report the racial taunts as people are making them, which only glorifies the events.

Some of the media sound almost orgasmic in their descriptions and interviewing and it won't be long before rioters turn on police after the media broadcasts of the police beating the rioters and swinging their batons at people hard.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by Mayet]

I hope this dude was one of those thugs. It would suck if he was just some innocent guy receiving the fall out from others missdeeds.

[edit on C:Sunocu12e12 by Opus]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Opus

I hope this dude was one of those thugs. I would suck if he was just some innocent guy.

He was a Middle Eastern man who was attacked by the crowd during the start of all the troubles during Sunday afternoon. So he was innocent.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I hope this dude was one of those thugs. I would suck if he was just some innocent guy.

He was a Middle Eastern man who was attacked by the crowd during the start of all the troubles during Sunday afternoon. So he was innocent.

As I understand it, first the whites were all drunk attacking the brown people. Then the brown people retaliated with their attacks against the white people. Isn't that the gist? Just a vicious cycle of revenge?

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You don’t know that for sure nor do I know that he was involved in the enicail problems. But all things being equal I'll assume he was a fall guy.. Lets hope this thing simmers down .Ive seen enough riots for one year.

[edit on C:Sunocu12e12 by Opus]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
As I understand it, first the whites were all drunk attacking the brown people. Then the brown people retaliated with their attacks against the white people. Isn't that the gist? Just a vicious cycle of revenge?

The thing is the ' whites ' have been attacked by middle eastern gangs of youths over the years at Cronulla. Once again you assume that it's the ' whites ' fault

And why are you so race orientated ? Because with people like you constantly labelling people by their race means that racism will never die.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You don’t know that for sure nor do I know that he was involved in the enicail problems. But all things being equal I'll assume he was a fall guy.. Lets hope this thing simmers down .

Yeah I do know that for sure, he was one of a handful of middle eastern people who were attacked at the beginning of the riot. If you're in Australia, just look at the front page of the paper.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So er um... is multiculturalism working yet ?

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Madscientist, what would you say:

is this more or less

1. " a common youth issue"

or is it

2. "an issue of ethicity" (racial riots)?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join