It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Racial Riots Erupt In Sydney Australia

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The Government's going to love this thread, "We got away with it! Warm and fuzzy P.C. nonsence, brainwashing really does work! We got them to turn on each other and they're to busy blaming each other to even concider why we did it and what's coming next....idiots...lambs to the slaughter...listen to them trying to prove how 'good' they are with all that P.C. mumbo jumbo....they're P.C. allright, PERFECTLY CONTROLED."

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i am totally lost of whta you are trying to explain Suzy .. and I am a good follower .. since I talk about WAY OUT THere stuff about 99% of the time ... Can you please explain further ???

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Suzy when was the last time you talked to a Lebanese?

When was the last time did you talk to a Lebanese about this Crime syndicate?

When was the last time you talk to a Lebanese about police brutality or the racism they face everyday?

The name-calling does not work in my opinion. If you have not explored both sides and walked a mile in their shoes then you might be brainwashed like the rest of us.

[edit on 12/09-2005 by BlackThought]

Ox

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is just insane.. Being Australian myself I can tell you that 99% of the Australian population are very laid back people.. But.. there is an immigration problem within Australia and it has gotten out of hand because the Australian government has gone along with this stupid "Diversify Australia" crap for too long.. And.. This is just another way that the "War on Terrorism" is affecting the rest of the world.. It's stupidity at it's finest. This would probably never have happened if Bush's stupid war had gone on to begin with..
It's an outrage and its just a sample of what's to come if this abomination is allowed to continue..
I mean.. really.. what's next? Budhists everywhere fighting with one another?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
What’s the problem with the immigration in Australia? Specifically...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzy ryan
The Government's going to love this thread, "We got away with it! Warm and fuzzy P.C. nonsence, brainwashing really does work! We got them to turn on each other and they're to busy blaming each other to even concider why we did it and what's coming next....

that's just one aspect, the other is that they're certainly inciting racial hatred (which, in my region at least was non-existant in the mid 90s) and i guess that's part of the plan.

of course, the only strategy western politics is apparently capable of is division and intimidation, to make sure the order-in-being is neither effectively questioned nor threatened or replaced by something more viable.

i'm no longer willing to argue against walls of silence and indifference, i'll remain on the lookout for opportunities and i sincerely hope the PC crowd gets to eat their own policies on their way to hell (surveillance state works both ways when you think about it, all that data will not be destroyed in time for them, and there's no way to hide, unless you invent the warp drive...)

but until then i welcome every single disgusting statement they make, as their talk reveals their true character !

blame it on the victims, PC'ers, blame it on yourselves when it's your turn. i'm looking forward to it, if that makes me guilty, so be it.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Originally posted by BlackThought
Society changes 500 years ago Aboriginals lived their as the dominate culture then while folks came in and made the island into a big jail and slaughtered close to a million people in less the 20 years and Walla white culture is dominate.

More blatant BS, why do you make things up ? A million aborigines were not slaughtered in less than 20 years.

Are you Australian, I suspect that you're not, because you seem very uninformed abut the culture of my country.

Actually once again mad Scientist you are the one ill informed. No-one knows th exact number of Aboriginals killed by whites during settlement but It could number around that mark easily.

Whole tribes were wiped out all up and down the east coast of Australia. The history of what white settlement did to the aboriginals is a sad state and a shameful history that many Australians do not get taught as part of history or even want to accept. I was interviewing a tribal elder here on the weekend on another totally separate issue who's tribe was left with just a couple of people who escaped the massacres. We got talking about the tribal wipe outs and how the survivors were herded into camps. The story was sad and a sad reflection of just what happens from racial intolerance and fear of differences. That goes the same story different hat for many many many other tribes.

It is not as you so eloquently put it "BS", many many thousands were wiped out, massacred and the number may as said, easily reach one million. Unfortunately no one kept a body count of victims.

You might do well to learn some things before you jump in and attack others as you have done all through this thread. You say this is about denying ignorance, you are right there, it is. You denied the riots happened first and now you deny the massacres happened. I think you should learn yourself about denying ignorance. But thats just my opinion.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

What’s the problem with the immigration in Australia? Specifically...

Oh they'll tell U it's simply that they're allowing them in, that's basically what is meant by it being a "problem" right guys ?

Please, if these people are so bad why don't U just move ? All this talk about them terrorizing your lives, and you're still there ?
I live in a nice peaceful suburban area and if it ever became a hardship to live here because of some retards who refuse to live alongside me in peace I would move. Simple.
If enough people do then the problem would be highlighted would it not ?

But of course I'll hear "But ImJaded this is OUR home, why should WE move for THEM?" Because it is EASIER on YOU and your family if U give a damn about them. If U want to piss and moan about it then stay and live with it.

U rarely see this type of BS in Melbourne (Sydney's sister city, roughly same arab population), why is that ?

[edit on 13-12-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet

Originally posted by mad scientist

Society changes 500 years ago Aboriginals lived their as the dominate culture then while folks came in and made the island into a big jail and slaughtered close to a million people in less the 20 years and Walla white culture is dominate.

More blatant BS, why do you make things up ? A million aborigines were not slaughtered in less than 20 years.

Are you Australian, I suspect that you're not, because you seem very uninformed abut the culture of my country.

Actually once again mad Scientist you are the one ill informed. No-one knows th exact number of Aboriginals killd by whites during settlement but It could number around that mark easily.

It is not as you so eloquently put it "BS", many many thousands were wiped out, massacred and the number may as said, easily reach one million. Unfortunaely no one kept a body count of victims.

Ooooh, aren't we vindictive today.

As you said no one knows the exact numbers killed, so you can't say I'm wrong. The statement was killed a million aborigines over 20 years. I'll have to assume that this was the period of first settlement to 20 years after, 1788-1808.
Now going by history, Australia only consisted of a few isolated coastal settlements with almost no inroads made along the coast or inland and maybe several tens of thousands of people at most. Explain to me how they could have killed a million aborigines in that time.

I can't deny that maybe a million aborigines were killed over a far longer period than 20 years mostly indirectly, but no one knows how many were living here to begin with. The BS part was the time frame - maybe I should have been more clear. I stand behind what I said.

BTW. Estimates put the aboriginal population pre European settlement at between 750 000 and 1.5 million people. Taking the low end then it can't be possible to kill 1 milion of them.

All that being said, I don't condone for one second what happened to the Aboriginal people. I am in awe of their culture and the time period they have occupied this land for. I have talked about their culture on ATS more than once.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by mad scientist]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I was just wondering: Do we need to take up a collection to send protective headgear to the police in Australia? I don't know what you call them down under, but what we call a baseball cap here seems woefully inadequate.

[edit on 2005/12/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
Please, if these people are so bad why don't U just move ? All this talk about them terrorizing your lives, and you're still there ?
I live in a nice peaceful suburban area and if it ever became a hardship to live here because of some retards who refuse to live alongside me in peace I would move. Simple.
If enough people do then the problem would be highlighted would it not ?

But of course I'll hear "But ImJaded this is OUR home, why should WE move for THEM?" Because it is EASIER on YOU and your family if U give a damn about them. If U want to piss and moan about it then stay and live with it.

Isn't that what happened in places like the banlieus of France?
After being subjected to crime from the Arab immigrants the native French people just moved out and now everyone is complaining about how poor the place is and how segregated it is.

Won't that same thing happen in Sydney if the whites who don't like the immigrants just get up and move out instead of trying to change things?

EDIT:
It'd be pretty funny if the Australians decided to move to Lebanon and colonize that place the way that Australia was colonized.

Maybe the Brits could colonize Pakistan again and bring that country back around.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
That's a perfect explanation of what has happened in America. Because of crime, the hard-working, law-abiding, especially those with young children, have fled the inner cities, leaving behind those for whom crime is just another lifestyle choice. Then everyone whines because they're poor and their neighborhoods are run down.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think it is time to embrace the word RACIST and take away it's power (like some Black Americans embrace the "n" word).

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Isn't that what happened in places like the banlieus of France?
After being subjected to crime from the Arab immigrants the native French people just moved out and now everyone is complaining about how poor the place is and how segregated it is.

Won't that same thing happen in Sydney if the whites who don't like the immigrants just get up and move out instead of trying to change things?
[edit on 13-12-2005 by AceOfBase]

Yes, and so let them live in the hell hole they created, I have no problem with that. I would have been gone a long time ago and I am an arab australian lol I don't tolerate BS though and I tell U all most of my extended family (majority of whom are arab) all live pretty much within the same area, we moved to the other side of town. They aren't breaking any laws or anything, it's just their lifestyle we didn't want a part of. My parents came to Australia so their children could have opportunities and to embrace a western society and life as our own. The biggest mistake most foreigners make is bringing their old-school, homegrown traditions to a completely different environment and try to raise their young and/or instill the same values from back home in them in an entirely different world.

This will never work.

Perhaps once all the good, law abiding citizens vacate said area then the government would take responsibility and make the effort to restore order.

perhaps I am living in a dreamworld but that's how it goes here. If U are unhappy with your place of residence, U make the effort to go elsewhere. Australia is a large country with plenty of space.

BattleofBatoche, yes!
I have, I tell ya it feels damngood! I can be called any name under the sun and not bite back nor feel any hatred anymore. Once I refused to give the racist and/or hateful comments and names any power over me I found I am more at peace with myself and the world. I know who and what I am

[edit on 13-12-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I am not worried about how you feel about yourself I am more worried about how you feel about others. (Not pointing to specific people) I shudder to think that a person could think very highly of themselves then look at another person and dehumanize them. In a changing world you should be able to compromise and contribute as well as learn when moving into a new environment. There is no place on the globe where you can move to and voluntarily leave everything behind and be happy. Things like (celebrations, Language, Food, Family, history, and culturally valuable objects, and things like that.) To me the problem come in when someone say none of it fits here.

I live in America more than that I live in Washington DC I see many many protest come into town and leave almost on a daily basis. They walk passed the homeless and people in the inner city like they were not there and come to protest whatever. If you really cared there would not be so many people suffering in places that are suppose to be so “modern”. Many of the minority youth are fed up by the way their treated, fed up with the way of going and investing into an education to be shot down by an employer because of the color of their skin. And hell I understand why they walk around waiting for something to happen to them and lash out. It’s not right and I try to stop as many as I can from self-destruction. So if you are worried about what some Lebanese children are doing maybe if you give them an opportunity to contribute to society in a way that they feel good then some will not be as hostile as you would like to portray them as. Talk to them see what they want you might help something like this to never happening again. Also talk to you Arian brothers let them understand that the land is for all not just whites. Maybe you could change some minds about violence and unfounded stereotypes.

Downtown there are many many different embassies and people from all over the globe. And there are many opportunities to talk to anyone you want to about things. After 9/11 the things I saw made me angry. You should not treat people like animals even if you do not like them. There were actually white youths stabbing Muslim women downtown DC after 9/11. A have talked to Australians I said I have a good friend who moved from Australia about 4 years ago. There are thing we get in deep about and it is not all good out there. Open society up to them so it is a two-way transmssion and then thing I am sure it will be better.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
More violence from Middle Eastern men has targeted a primary school where people had gather for Christmas Carols.

theaustralian.news.com.au

Police are also now investigating bullet holes found in the cars of several staff members at St Joseph the Worker Primary School in South Auburn after a Christmas carols service on Monday evening. Parents and children were abused by a group of young men of Middle Eastern appearance and gunshots were heard during the service.

Another article on the same site tried to point out some of the reason for the anger expressed by the rioters:

Racism is repulsive, but so is self-loathing

YESTERDAY a colleague emailed me from New York. The young lawyer - her family lives in Brighton-Le-Sands, a bayside suburb north of Cronulla in Sydney - wrote: "While I agree there is no justifying excuse for the violence and breakdown in order that occurred at Cronulla, it needs to be put in context. Unless you live in an area like Cronulla, Brighton-Le-Sands or Bondi, you have no idea what it is like to have one's suburb regularly inundated with large groups of young Muslim men from the western suburbs who proceed to shoot people [as has happened in Brighton], intimidate people, regularly threaten people within their vicinity with violence, drive around in large groups screaming abuse at people from cars with their music blaring, regularly brawling, etc."

This young woman recounted that all of the girls in her family (except the youngest) have been "subject to harassment inflicted by groups of these men - comments on our appearances, racist comments on our Australian background, unwanted touching, being followed while walking home by groups of men in cars (I was once followed all the way home - have never been so scared in my life), sexually explicit remarks while alone, with friends or with boyfriends, unwanted called-out invitations to have sex with groups of them, etc".

Some people viewed these riots as nothing more than white racism without looking at what was behind it while they refused to do the same with the rioters in France, preferring instead to make excuses for them.

Hopefully some people will now realize that racism and intimidation against whites is very real.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Quote from the same article

"These criminals have declared war on our society and we are not going to let them win. I won't allow Sydney's reputation as a tolerant, vibrant international city to be tarnished by these ratbags and criminals who want to engage in the sort of behaviour we've seen in the last 48 hours."

Islamic leaders have warned that the race-related violence is symptomatic of a deep-seated racism in Australian society and could lead to the radicalisation of young Muslim men.

One car was spray-painted with the words "See ya Sunday ya wog c...", and at least one other car was set alight, police said.

Waleed Aly of the Victorian Islamic Association warned that events of the past few days could radicalise young Muslim men and encourage them to adopt more extreme forms of Islam.

"It's really hard to predict, because young guys involved in gang-type situations are often not the same guys involved in mosques and religious communities," he told The Australian.

"But extremist discourse feeds on persecution complex, so any kind of event which feeds into that narrative makes things worse in terms of the security issues."

One 20-year-old Lebanese man, who was arrested on Sunday night after the Cronulla beach riot, told The Australian the violence was "not a religious thing but pretty much came down to the fact that you are a wog".

Asked if the race-related riots would encourage more men to take up radical forms of Islam, he said: "It could happen to a minority.

"If you keep getting bashed and bashed and bashed, of course you will get more and more violent, of course that will be the case."

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

Read the whole article and let everyone see all of it not just what whites think ok!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Wellington posters call for race riots

Posters calling for people to show "white power" and riot Australian-style have appeared at Wellington railway stations.

"If Sydney can do it so can we ... let's take back our land," say posters at Johnsonville and Khandallah.

Train commuter Brent Cantwell said he was appalled.

"It's just terrible, it's awful," he said. "It's fear-driven - fear of having something taken away which they have no control over."

Another commuter, John Grant, said the posters were shocking but he did not believe race riots like those at Cronulla Beach in Sydney would happen here.

Source Link

Well they are so heplful when they see minorities.

Mod edit: Please do not paste entire articles.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by parrhesia]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I suppose this thread has lost it's appeal to posters who wanted to declare Australia a racist nation, now that Australians, from the groups hurt and hurting, got togethers with hugs and hand shakes and said, "enough of this BS, it isn't who we are".

There is a very good reason people from all over the world choose Australia as their new home. They come to live in PEACE, that their native countries couldn't give them.

The uglyness was instigated and driven by Government policies and media, and the bulk of Australians refused to be led into it because we really are a, "live and let live, credit (or blame) where it's due" society.

Like any country, there are those who lack the brain or heart to be decent and just, but that's a small proportion of them, not "US", and "WE" are pretty good at telling them to "pull their heads in" when they try to stir trouble.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It's happening all over -- extreme violence as a way of life. Racism. Defining people based on things like skin color, physical features.
I don't know where it is coming from, but it is soooo stupid!

So now it's hit Australia in a big way. Here in Hawaii, USA, the place we think of as a 'cultural melting pot' as the 'land of aloha,' it is happening too. Class wars. People who are defining themselves as 'locals' (which in this case has nothing to do with where you live or how long your descendents have lived here) are attacking anyone they consider non-locals. Essentially these are just thugs -- kids who come from a disadvantaged background (for any variety of reasons), cover their bodies with tattoos and terrorize anyone they don't like the looks of.

Now I guess I just join the ranks of 'old farts' who long for 'the good old days' when peace and harmony were our guides, where we struggled to understand one another, right old wrongs and live in peace.

We blew it. We turned in our weapons, believed our government when they said they would protect us. They can't, they won't.

We're on our own.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by sssssssnake]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join