It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist mob violence in Sydney

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher

There is a link to the story, there are plenty of other media outlets that youll find the same story with ... www.smh.com.au...

Here is what i am talking about
www.wsws.org...

ALSO just watched the 6pm news and they announced a gang of 20 men of middle eastern appearance in Melbourne decided to beat up Santa Claws and smash some shop windows while they where at it.

Nope. i watched it to.

But it was a italian shop which was said to be unrelated. and i didn't see reports of the santa claws beating.

But i guess someone will find a way to say it was the Santa Claws guys fault for offending there beleifs or something

Seeing as how i only heard this from you i will not comment

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I want to know, are hand guns legal in Australia, or have you sold your souls to the idea that "guns kill people"?

If the perpetrators of these various acts were aware that every time they commited a crime they could be shot dead, would they continue to perpetrate the acts? Then again, those with great religious and racial convictions are usually among the lower end of the human intelligence spectrum, living in the past and "doing it old style".

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
"Interesting" that,The Government made Sydney's beaches, "no go areas" this weekend, to "avoid" "another flare up".

How much "racial hatered" towards "the Lebs" will having beach use in our summer, school holiday, period, "seed" in our young citizens not of Lebonese decent?

Again, PLEASE, "Think Conspiracy".

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Chinawhite and anyone interested ....

"Violence spreads to Melbourne
Gang attacks came to Melbourne on Friday, when people dressed as Santa Claus were bashed." (by men of middle eastern appearance)

seven.com.au...

It is Video number 4 in the video news section, i cant find a text transcript of it yet.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop
I want to know, are hand guns legal in Australia, or have you sold your souls to the idea that "guns kill people"?

If the perpetrators of these various acts were aware that every time they commited a crime they could be shot dead, would they continue to perpetrate the acts? Then again, those with great religious and racial convictions are usually among the lower end of the human intelligence spectrum, living in the past and "doing it old style".

Australian's have been forced out of Gun ownership after some mass shooting's unfortunatly, you need special licenses with special conditions , ie/ Farmers for rifles etc, Pistols join a club store firearm at the club.

I personally beleive that it is high time the Laws where changed back to allow people with no criminal records to easily own firearms, after all you and i both know that firearms save lives (especially innocent ones).

As it is now the only people with guns are the Police and the Criminals (and few special license holders).

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
on the Internet i have heard that elvis is still alive do you believe that ?

[edit on 11-12-2005 by helium3]

yes

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There was no need for the person on page 2 to apologise for his theory if genetics could be a component for violence?

It is a valid and logical proposition.

Genetics are determining factors for a hell of a lot of traits, dogs being an example. Another example is myself (looking at my mother and father plus grandparents)

I think it just got some aussies riled because it offended them.

If you had said that there could be some genetic predisposition to yob violence in the UK I would not at all be offended (I am British). I would just look at it as an interesting possibility, that's all. Other factors could also be taken into account.

I think I am in the minority thinking logically like this. Most people think emotionally, or rather defend emotionally. By the way, I have never ever in my entire life needed someone to apologise for something. It's nice if they do (if they had done something wrong) but certainly not needed.

A person's position to genetics versus the physcological environment issue is often one of right wing versus left wing thinking.

Left wingers believe that anyone, regardless of their criminal behaviour can be turned around with "love" and a decent upbringing.

Right wingers are more fatalistic. They believe that once a criminal always a criminal. Like father like son etc.

I believe there is third vital component missing from this equation and that is toxins and nutrition. I am open-minded, I believe there are very likely others which I cannot imagine at this time.

I read of promising studies of prison imates being substantially less violence after taking omega three supplements and multi-vits. This was a placebo type thing trial. Very interesting. The same applied to unruly school kids.

What I don't believe in is the leftist "they need more love" mumbo jumbo crap.

Anyway, I hope my comments haven't taken this thread too off-topic.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well you can't expect us never to have any violence, in fact we have less violence than the UK on average. One incident should not be enough to make broad generalizations about Australia. However I will entertain your theory. Australians descended from convicts would be very watered down by the vast majority who immigrated later (as i said in another post 1/4 of the people living here today were not born here and that's just this generation of immigrants) and many of the criminals brought here were political or commited non-violent crimes like theft. Please read up on the history of Australia, as well as facts/figures today before you come up with theories. If you still think your theory is valid after that, than fair enough but people who shout "they are violent/criminals because they are convicts" without doing research on the country whenever there is any violence/crime in Australia or commited by Australians elsewhere do get on my nerves. I strongly believe that people should be judged by their own character and not that of their father or others of their nationality/race/religion (past or present) since each person is unique and individual.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by Trent]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Chinawhite and anyone interested ....

"Violence spreads to Melbourne
Gang attacks came to Melbourne on Friday, when people dressed as Santa Claus were bashed." (by men of middle eastern appearance)

seven.com.au...

It is Video number 4 in the video news section, i cant find a text transcript of it yet.

Its interesting because a itialin shop was attacked. lebanese are fine people itialian s are fine people. Is this linked racially?.

I know in melbounre we have a lot of afgans here

[edit on 17-12-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
No where in that article did they say the shop's that had there windows smashed where Italian shops, i know theres alot of Italian restaurants etc on Lygon st, but the article definately didnt say it was an Italian shop.

But it did say 20 men of middle Eastern appearance attacked Santa Claus's, that to me on the surface looks like a racial/religiously motivated attack.

And i think witnesses on Lygon street could easily spot the difference between an Italian and a middle Easterner, i can.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I watched that in the channel ten news. Not in that clip. the big piece of glass they are putting in belongs to the lower section of a green itialian cafe.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
Better check your dates again.

When were the crusades?

When was the renaissance?

Say, how much money did the Genoese and Venetian traders make from selling to the Muslims? So much for piety.

How many Christians went to the defence of Constantinople? So much for piety.

No, I ask you about Lebanese history because people were comparing Australian society to Lebanese. Try learning a little about the country before you dismiss it.

For hundreds of years Lebanon was as comfortable to live in as western Europe. For 30 years they have had civil war and then occupation, by Syria and Israel. As well as having to house Palestinians ejected from their land by Israel.

Ask the Aborigines about occupation and dispossession...They weren't even Australian citizens until the 60s. So much for our advanced society, can't even make the only true "Australians" citizens.

And you simply won't accept...go ask the farmers, or, better yet, the people of Adelaide about the water quality in the Murray River. How long was that last drought we had? How much of our forest cover have we cut down? Ever seen the soil erosion in water courses on crop land in Australia? Find out when the last time Darling dried up was, then the time before that...open your eyes. Look around.

How about checking YOUR dates..hmmmmm?

The Muslims were invading, oppressing, and dominating Christians LONG before the Crusades. Please read up about the Moors.

Oh yeah. and a guy named Charles Martel, who successfully repelled the Muslim invasion of Europe in 732, hundreds of years before the Christians ever got that Crusade nonsense into their heads.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Muslims were just as bad as the Catholics. Their culture is NOT so golden as people claim. It was no better than Medieval Europe. The only thing they had an advantage on was they preserved a bit of ancient knowldge.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Details people tend to forget. Fortunately, it does seem like things are cooling down down under.

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

I hope political correctness does not set in and the real issues aren’t addressed.

mod edit: removed entire quote from previous post

[edit on 18-12-2005 by sanctum]

[edit on C:Sunocu12e12 by Opus]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:42 AM
link   
AS an outsider reading all of this there is one thing that really sticks out. There have always been groups attacking each other. It seems to me that this is what is going on, this group attacks that one, then that group attacks back.

There is one stat of this whole thing that sticks out and actually makes me sick.

The rapes and threats of rapes. I have always thought that even threatening rape should be punishable by a long prison sentence. If these groups of men want to attack each other, that is one thing. But rapes and threatening rape, in my oppinion is extremely animalistic.

These are the most dangerous criminals in my oppinion and every action possible should be taken to rid the area of these individuals.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
yeah, rape (and even the threat of rape) is atrocious. why can't white people just realize how inferior they really are? just kidding. nobody is inherently inferior, but white people seem to act out of insecurity with racial violence.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady of the Lake

To people like my parents, who were paid exorbitant rates to induce them to live in such a $h!thole. That included Zone B taxing, the maximum Austudy rate for their kids, free travel to and from Central Oz each year for their annual holiday, free housing. The maximum overtime rates available in Australia...Even with all that money pumped into the "black econcomy" it still ends up benefiting the whites.

And it does benefit a hell of a lot of so called ‘blacks’…but most people like you prefer to turn a blind eye to that and to keep dumping on the rest of us all of time and I am fed up with it. So to be honest I couldn't be bothered reading any more of what you have posted. You have your view – you are welcome it. Keep carrying the chip that you appear to have on your shoulder. Sad really.

Yes, it does benefit them. My mother is there to save their lives and put them on the RFDS aero-ambulance to Alice Springs. Doesn't change the fact that the pay packet could put me and my two sisters through boarding school, how many of your "so-called 'blacks'" had that opportunity?

Chips, huh? Shoulders, huh?

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Go. Read. Learn.

Why would I have a chip on my shoulder, I'm an Aussie, with all the benefits that bequeathes, I went to one of the top 3 schools in Victoria, I went to university, I'm working in the industry I studied, I'm married to a stunningly beautiful woman and have a gorgeous son. My place of birth and the choices my parents made gave me so many advantages over most of the rest of the world it's not funny.

At least I know that not everyone received the same deal I did and I'm also clued-in enough to know it's not their fault.

edit:sp

[edit on 18-12-2005 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Howlrunner asks "why would i have a chip on my shoulder"

Well your post answers that question, your parents in pursuit of the big bucks shipped you off to boarding school, a place far away from your parents where you where obviously starved of parental attention and affection.

By the way your the one who first used the "Black" phrase when you refered to the "Black economy" not the poster you where quoting.

And on that Subject Aboriginals have the same opportunity's as every other Australian (and more), if they so choose they can go become a Nurse or Doctor or Lawyer, but by your tone i guess you dissagree and it'll be everyones fault but their's for choosing to live how they live.

Does it make you feel more powerful telling us you went to a School in victoria's top 3 ? I think you sound dissapointed that you didnt go to School no 1 ? or else you would of said i went to the 3rd best school in Victoria instead of a school in the top 3, sort of like i finished 6th in the marathon today, which isnt that hot when theres 6 runners!

I just hope your not a School teacher plugging your false leftist propaganda on Kids.

Have a nice day

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Why would I have a chip on my shoulder, I'm an Aussie, with all the benefits that bequeathes, I went to one of the top 3 schools in Victoria, I went to university, I'm working in the industry I studied, I'm married to a stunningly beautiful woman and have a gorgeous son. My place of birth and the choices my parents made gave me so many advantages over most of the rest of the world it's not funny.

At least I know that not everyone received the same deal I did and I'm also clued-in enough to know it's not their fault.

I am very pleased for you and it is wonderful that your mother continues to help the less fortunate. Nevertheless, there does appear to be something eating away at you - perhaps not a chip on your shoulder afterall, perhaps you feel guilty. You shouldn't. Not everyone received the same deal as you did - correct. There are thousands for people not just blacks who have come from very impovished backgrounds and made a success of themselves. Thousands of people. You can either go around blagging on about how tough your lot it is or get off you butt and change it. In this country at least if you can show you are prepared to have go by and large someone will give you a chance.

The same can be said for the idiots who are running around trying to beat each other up.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
yeah, rape (and even the threat of rape) is atrocious. why can't white people just realize how inferior they really are? just kidding. nobody is inherently inferior, but white people seem to act out of insecurity with racial violence.

I don't quite get your comment because the gang rapes mentioned in this thread where perpetrated by a gang of Lebanese against a multitude of white Australian women and children.

And if you feel White people commit racial violence out of insecurity, what do other colours commit it out of ? Answering colour by colour will be fine, and entertaining im sure.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
hi all, this is my first post here on ats, after being a big fan of the website and yadda yadda yadda i finally decided to join today as this post was quite close to me....

I live in sydney, have done my whole life..... And being a person who has witnessed all of these things lately here first hand (was not at the riot, but close) i thought i'd give my 2 cents

so firstly..... YES the race riots were a terrible thing done by stupid rednecks....... but and this is a big but, the lebanese community here in australia has been asking for it....... ( i am not a racist!!! i have many friends of different origins and one of my best friends is from african decent)........ The lebanese community here in oz acts like it does not want to be part of australia, they call themselves lebanese and would never consider themselves to be australian at all, unlike many other immigrants who do.........they refuse to become part of the australian culture in any way.

secondly........... these riots were started by the lebanese, from their leaders on tv saying that australia will one day be an islamic state.... too the lebanese hoodlums gang rapeing australian caucasian women (and they were targeted because they were caucasian)..... this hasn't happened once or twice, its happened quite a few times over only a couple of years, and alot of people around my age group (i'm 21) have alot of trouble with lebanese groups when out on the town (there are some places where caucasian, asian, african etc australians cant go to because the lebanese have dominated the area and anyone of any other race will have a hard time getting out of those clubs without being bashed.

thirdly........ as i stated before the riots were a terrible thing, but alot of the general australian community is behind it, its not a neo nazi thing, and its not all "white" people who are offended by the lebanese, the chinese triad gangs here in sydney are said to be very displeased with the lebansese and have actually had talks with the bra boys (the australian surfers responsible for the riots), as i said before i am very close to this incident, i'm not a racist but i have friends who are close to the bra boys, and no of the triad meeting to be fact.

i know alot of people wont like this post, but hey, we're all here, and we're all entilted to our opinion.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join