It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: BP Facing Possible US Criminal Charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
BP, the oil giant, is facing possible criminal charges for the explosion at its Texas refinery in which 15 workers lost their lives last March. The US Department of Labour has referred the case to the US Justice Department. It is at the discretion of the Justice Department on whether or not to file criminal charges surrounding the explosion that also injured 170 people.

news.bbc.co.uk
BP may face criminal charges over the explosion at its giant Texas refinery that killed 15 workers last March.

The US Department of Labour has referred the case to the Department of Justice, which will now decide whether to pursue it.

The news came on the same day that BP issued its final report on the blast at its Texas City refinery near Houston, which also injured 170 people.

BP said "management failures" and "employee mistakes" were responsible.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's kind of hard to downplay the severity of this explosion like would of been the case if it occurred in some far off poor nation. It occurred in the U.S President's backyard no less. If the Justice Department shirks its responsibility to American people for the sake of Big Oil it will cause a headache for the President.

15 lives lost and 170 people injured is a major incident and one that BP should be hauled over the coals for.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I agree that BP should be held accountable for the lives of thier employees lost...but...with Chavez(BP is owned by Venezuela), giving his discounted oil to the US for a state in the northeast..for this winter season...I think that the timing on the part of the US is politically motivated. Like i said though, im not sticking up for the oil company by any means.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23
I agree that BP should be held accountable for the lives of thier employees lost...but...with Chavez(BP is owned by Venezuela),

BP is not owned by Venezuela it is a British owned company.

I say hang them and hang them high, they have taken over many of the fine American oil companies and it is time to break up their monopoly.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
many apologies... CITGO is owned by venezuela not BP(British Petrolium)...boy did I "de dede" out on that one please disregard my earlier comments.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
TONE23, are you thinking of Amoco? They "merged" with BP in 1998. Amoco was American though.

Atlast we're in agreement about something shots, good to see

top topics

join