It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kucinich on Bush's Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
l don't tink he missed anything...do you?

Congressman Dennis J. Kucinich (D-OH), leader of the opposition to the war against Iraq in the House, issued the following statement today on the President�s address to the United Nations (UN):

�President Bush�s speech today at the UN is further proof that the war against Iraq was a complete failure. The war has harmed the United States� standing in the international community, has depleted needed funds from domestic priorities and is a distraction from the United States� campaign to root out terrorism.

�It is now clear that the war against Iraq was unnecessary and unsuccessful. The President and his Administration misled the country and the world in the lead-up to the war. As the falsehoods and lies that the President and his Administration used to justify the war come to light the President is steadily losing support both at home and abroad.

�By executing a unilateral war, in the face of international opposition, the President has harmed the United States� standing in the international community and further isolated our country from the very allies we need to continue to combat terrorism.

�It is time for the United States to become a willing partner in the international community. It is time for this President to abandon his failed polices of preemptive and unilateral war and work with the international community to restore peace and order to Iraq.

�The United States must begin the process of withdrawing from Iraq and allow the UN to take over peacekeeping operations. This is the only way to ensure true peace and stability in the region.�

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Where are all the repugnants with all the mouth that were around a few months ago? I know they're still on ATS.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yeah I know how disappointed you all are.

Wars are supposed to be faught in one weekend now.

Home for tea on Monday!

Wars are now democratic events and everyone gets to vote on whether we should have one or not, even the country we plan to invade.

Wars are now faught to make one popular even with the people you are fighting with.

The new purpose of war is to make your enemy better off than he was before you started.

Gee why didn't mother Russia do this?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Kuchinin:

It is time for the United States to become a willing partner in the international community. It is time for this President to abandon his failed polices of preemptive and unilateral war and work with the international community to restore peace and order to Iraq.

That statement says enough for me.

The problem becomes what happens when the no-bid contracts awarded to cronies of the admin, and some of the most bizarre and criminal EO's ever written by a POTUS, get revoked.

That puts the US in even more deep economic #. The plight of US citizens brought upon the country by a criminal gang in Washington when no-one was really watching shouldn't be allowed to happen again.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I believe the word you're looking for is DISGORGE. Disgorge all those illegal monies from Bush's cronies.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Colonel

Thanks.

I had been using nonsense words like 'repatriate' as in put the profits back in the hands of the lawful owners of the resources (Iraqis).

But DISGORGE, especially in describing the unwillingness of the disgorgee, sums it up much better.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thanks, G. I thought it was apropo as well.

new topics

top topics

join