It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your car tires have RFIDs in them ALREADY!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Its a us federal sponsorred initiative to track vehicles near certain highways feeding certain urban areas.

basically the fbi enters a rfid number into the database and then history of travel for the car pops up.

the feds can also pre-enter rfids they want to watch after getting a reading off your parked car or from the canadian-us customs border (where they already actively log the car rfids in the tires and associate them with plates)

Your tires have a passive coil with 64 to 128 bit serial number emitter in them! (AIAG B-11 ADC v3.0) .

Photos of chips before molded into tires:

Californias Fastpass is being upgraded to scan ALL responding car tires in future years upcoming. I-75 may get them next in rural funnel points in Ohio.

YOU MUST BUY NEUTRALIZED OR FOREIGN TIRES!!!!! Soon such tires will become illegal to import or manufacture.

Using these chips to track people while they drive is actually the idea of the us gov, and current chips CANNOT BE DISABLED or removed. They hope ALL tires will have these chips in 4 years and hope people have a very hard time finding non-chipped tires. Removing the chips is near impossible without destroying the tire as the chips were designed with that DARPA design goal.

Continued....

Universal vehicle tracking is here today, and you never saw it happen.

What else is being tracked?

Of course your cell phone is too, and soon your children will be at birth.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by ArchAngel]

[edit on 11-12-2005 by ArchAngel]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I hope very very much that you're wrong. If not, we're screwed to no end.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
I hope very very much that you're wrong. If not, we're screwed to no end.

[edit on 11-12-2005 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

It was late last night when I found it so I didn't really have time to look for confirmation.

I was hoping someone would have done that already because I may be busy with the real world today.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Hey, look no further- My husband is currently a salesman for Cape Tire and he says he is aware of them. They call them "sensors" and most tire makers have them now.

He says they are for the purpose of tracking a car in case its stolen!

I told him they were so the gov could track us. He doesnt know what WE know, does he?

Some manufacturers still dont have them, so i would ask specifically for those without "sensors" before they ALL have them.

Really.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Hey, look no further- My husband is currently a salesman for Cape Tire and he says he is aware of them. They call them "sensors" and most tire makers have them now.

He says they are for the purpose of tracking a car in case its stolen!

That seems to be at odds with the stated capabilities of the RFID chips.

The transmitter has a very short range, and needs to be powered with a device similar to a Tesla coil.

Are RFID power Power transmitter and data receivers installed everywhere?

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
RFIDs do not transmit information; they are more like 'barcodes'. You have to 'scan' them with a scanner and be within a short distance, maybe a few meters or so, to read them. They are not re-writable, either.

I should clarify here that I am not denying that it is impossible to track tires. I am saying, however, that it is impossible to track tires with RFID. The author of the article (it's from slashdot) may have gotten mixed up, and based on their poor command of english, I would not be surprised.

In order to transmit this kind of information, you would need 1) a transmitter, 2) a power source, and 3) a means of sensing travel information. I find it difficult to believe that this could all be packed into a tiny chip and placed in your tires, particularly the power source. It would be much more plausible that such technology could be incorporated into your engine... ugh!

If any of you get a flat tire in the near future, cut it open and see what you find... I'm betting you just find air.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Well, isn't this going to be a pain in the tush for anyone who wants to steal a car. This reminded me of an old story. I knew a kid a long time ago who took off for 6 months in his Dad's car when he was about 13. He was smart enough to stop every state or so and find a parking garage where he would swap plates between at least three vehicles before heading on.

If he did that today, he'd have to swap tires too.

Okay, this really isn't funny at all. While most of the J.Q. Public's don't have anything to care about regarding this, I just find it so disturbing that these things are being done in the first place. Especially since everything just seems to be rolling out so casually without anyone even knowing it.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Is this happening in the UK? Because I work in the motor trade and if this is true and applies to us then I can easily find out.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   

RFIDs do not transmit information; they are more like 'barcodes'. You have to 'scan' them with a scanner and be within a short distance, maybe a few meters or so, to read them. They are not re-writable, either.

They most certainly do trasmit information.

A number is transmitted by radio frequency.

The power for the transmitter is itself transmitted as RF.

www.iautomate.com...

www.ti.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well, you can chose not to beleive me, but they exist right now on most new tires and they WORK. (as in tracking where the car goes)

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I work at the largest wheel mfg. company in the world and we now mount TPMS sensors on almost all the wheels we make and ship. The sensor is a little larger then a pack of gum and will transmit the tire pressure to an onboard computer on the car. If one of your tires gets low on pressure it warns you.

It wouldn't take much at all to add additional programs into the sensor, after all its mainly a chip with its own power source thats glued and banded to your wheel.

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well, I stand corrected. (or sit corrected, actually; I'm too lazy to stand)

So mrwupy, tell us the goods: where are those sensors and how do we remove them

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Well, I stand corrected. (or sit corrected, actually; I'm too lazy to stand)

So mrwupy, tell us the goods: where are those sensors and how do we remove them

The sensor isn't hard to find, have the tire taken off and its light blue and about the size of a pack of gum. A steel band goes around the wheel and holds the sensor in place. If you remove it though your car might keep telling you that your driving around with four flat tires

Then again maybe not. We've cracked them open before to see what was inside and it was just the chip and batteries. What happens when the batteries die though?

I was also told we install them now because it was mandated by congress, but thats just second hand news. I haven't actually read it anywhere or have a source other then the person who told it to me.

Then again, keep in mind it may very well be a tire pressure sensor and nothing else. Just because its a fact they are now chipping your wheels doesn't mean its actually a conspiricy.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

Wupy

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
If any of you get a flat tire in the near future, cut it open and see what you find... I'm betting you just find air.

No you wont...it'd be flat...so there would be no air!

Mic

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I ride a bike, and also drive a car.
On my bike, i have whats known as a 'data tag' system. This involves putting microchips in your tyres ,and putting chips in the frame. This is all done by the owner for security. The data is then registered to the owner.When the police get a report of a stolen bike, they just have to scan it with their scanner to see who it belongs to.
These are non powered chips, but rely on an external source to activate them to retrieve the information.

As for all tyres being tagged, i very much doubt this would happen. Resources dictate that it would be too hard to police, and furthermore, the manufacturers would have to put the cost of inputting the chip to its customers.

We would have to be told that we are being monitored anyway. It would be an infringement on human rights to do otherwise surely?

[edit on 11-12-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The link is for a comment, not an actual news story about the things.

It links to this page for pics of it:
www.tadiran-telematics.com...

Which has nothing expect pics of beer bottles...

They don't seem to present any proof of these things being in all america tires and being required to be there. What law requires them?

Here is page that describes the devices, but to get the document and info you need to pay 10 bucks
AIAG

The things do seem to exist, but not as a required device, adn as people there note, RFIDs are apparently really east to wipe out with a strong EM field.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Okay, maybe the battery doesn't die, because it doesn't have an actual conventional power source.

Think about this...What if, instead of a standard battery, it gets recharged thru the pressure of the tire rolling around on the road? It would be a constant rotation, cause the wheels keep roliing, & it doesn't need to have a storage for the "excess" energy like a traditional battery.

Just an observation & something to think about.

You know those new electric cars, that the battery gets charged by the brakes in deceleration? That's similar to what I'm thinking of here.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Think about this...What if, instead of a standard battery, it gets recharged thru the pressure of the tire rolling around on the road? It would be a constant rotation, cause the wheels keep roliing, & it doesn't need to have a storage for the "excess" energy like a traditional battery.
[edit on 13-12-2005 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

You seem to be thinking along the lines of those watch batteries that provide power upon movement... I think they come mostly in Rolexes though...

I do have to put forth one thought though. If we would be tracked with RFIDs in tires, what happens to the data when the tires get changed? Or did I miss that in the links?

top topics

join