It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: Sneak Attack On Iran If Elected

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
As I said your in my post, and in your answer shows I was correct. Youre closed-minded.

Someone defined pre-emptive attack, and if you want an official definition, I will give it to you since you dont care to hear what others say anyhow.

Pre-Emptive Strike-a military attack designed to prevent, or reduce the impact of, an anticipated attack from an enemy. It can also be used to describe any offensive (as opposed to defensive) action that is taken to prevent, or reduce the impact of, an anticipated offensive action by another party. These actions can be either physical or non-physical.
en.wikipedia.org...
Trying to find the UN definition, but all I got were stories that they are working to define it.

Pearl Harbor was a sneak attack because we were not threatening Japan to begin with. Out entire fleet was in port for that one. So that one qualifies for a sneak attack.

A nation is an aggressor if they threaten war first, or commit the first act of war(as Egypt did in 67 with the blocking of the Straights of Tiran)

Why would Israel give back land that was used to stage war upon them from, these were strategic decisions made in light of security. I wouldnt give them back either. Think what you want, after all, if ignorance is bliss, you should be mighty happy right now on the subject of the 67 war.

Enjoy your bissfulness then, theres my last attempt to enlighten you on that subject.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I work for the Israeli Govt.

So I am really getting a kick out of most of these replies.

Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.

But trust me.... You don't.

I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you dont know what you are talking about.

This is how bad info gets passed around.

If you dont know about the topic....Dont make yourself sound like you do.

Cuz some Farkers belive anything they hear.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Care to elaborate a bit more, like what the correct information is? I think it would help clear the air on this issue.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
As I said your in my post, and in your answer shows I was correct. Youre closed-minded.

I am very open minded.

Your failure to show any recognition for Palestinian Civil and Human rights, and denial that there is something wrong with taking land from your neighbors shows you to be closed minded.

My position is exactly in the middle while yours is far right Zionist.

I support equal rights and freedom for everyone in the area.

Since Israel will not allow it for the Palestinians they have no right to occupy after two generations.

Someone defined pre-emptive attack, and if you want an official definition, I will give it to you since you dont care to hear what others say anyhow.

Pre-Emptive Strike-a military attack designed to prevent, or reduce the impact of, an anticipated attack from an enemy. It can also be used to describe any offensive (as opposed to defensive) action that is taken to prevent, or reduce the impact of, an anticipated offensive action by another party. These actions can be either physical or non-physical.
en.wikipedia.org...
Trying to find the UN definition, but all I got were stories that they are working to define it.

The initial attack may have been pre-emptive, but that does not change the fact that it was a sneak attack.

The two are not mutually exclusive.

The continued occupation is an act of aggression negating the claim of self-defense.

Pearl Harbor was a sneak attack because we were not threatening Japan to begin with. Out entire fleet was in port for that one. So that one qualifies for a sneak attack.

A nation is an aggressor if they threaten war first, or commit the first act of war(as Egypt did in 67 with the blocking of the Straights of Tiran)

Why would Israel give back land that was used to stage war upon them from, these were strategic decisions made in light of security. I wouldnt give them back either. Think what you want, after all, if ignorance is bliss, you should be mighty happy right now on the subject of the 67 war.

Aquiring territory through the use of force is not admissable.

No matter their reasons for invading in a sneak attack Israel has no right to claim land that was not theirs before the conflict.

There are FOUR MILLION PEOPLE affected by this, and if you put yourself in their shoes you would not be in such denial.

Why would Israel give back land that was used to stage war upon them from,

Enjoy your bissfulness then, theres my last attempt to enlighten you on that subject.

Israel staged war on their enemies when they launched the sneak attack.

The land they stole belongs to the people living there, not the Israeli STATE.

Who said what means nothing.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
My position has nothing to do with my religion. But it has everything to do with the history of how it happened. Nowhere have I said, I do not support Palestinian citizenship. I did state I didnt blame Israel for the rule, as this is hostile territory and is necessary to retain order and prevent further deaths. And with the continuing withdrawl from Gaza and the Westbank they will no longer be occupying the lands.

I have a comprehensive history of the Arab-Israeli conflict and the reasons for them from 1948-present if you would like to read it.
www.iusb.edu...

Its good reading and puts this whole conflict into perspective of what a large scale conflict it really is. And it should clear the air on this issue.
I was wrong, it was a surprise attack, but it was the right thing to do. As the forces being built up on their borders and threats being made for war.

Luda

[edit on 12/12/2005 by ludaChris]

cjf

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel
I am very open minded.

Pfft!

The continued occupation is an act of aggression negating the claim of self-defense.

Once again, prove it...still no reply to my original response to your flowing rhetoric; nor answers to any questions posed?

Aquiring territory through the use of force is not admissable.

What??!

No matter their reasons for invading in a sneak attack Israel has no right to claim land that was not theirs before the conflict.

You are arguing a personal point and not a valid point as you have no historical context to back your premise... No... none.

I agree whole heartedly with the above. ^^^^

With all the information at your fingertips, the internet, low cost of general college education, free access to professors, teachers and tutors, free libraries, museums, 'low cost' book stores and personal experiences you could seek-out/reach-out and 'learn'...

...you choose, rather, to believe the pathetic, baseless dribble you spew.

Case and point follows:

Israel staged war on their enemies when they launched the sneak attack.

The land they stole belongs to the people living there, not the Israeli STATE.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
What was the attack on the Iraqi reactor by the Israelis? Just how would you define, compartmentalize or categorize it? Even the United States condemned the Israelis after it, but then, realized tha tthe Israelis did the right thing first and worried about public opinion later.

That is what I call internal fortitude. You call it what you like.

So what would u call an attack by iran on the israeli reactor?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
I work for the Israeli Govt.

So I am really getting a kick out of most of these replies.

Some of you guys are very good at making it sound like you know what you are talking about.

But trust me.... You don't.

I think you just want to make yourself sound smart, when in reality you dont know what you are talking about.

This is how bad info gets passed around.

If you dont know about the topic....Dont make yourself sound like you do.

Cuz some Farkers belive anything they hear.

Well thanks for nothing Mr. Israeli Government worker. U have contributed nothing here.... what a waste of a post

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   

With all the information at your fingertips, the internet, low cost of general college education, free access to professors, teachers and tutors, free libraries, museums, 'low cost' book stores and personal experiences you could seek-out/reach-out and 'learn'...

Why don't you reach out and learn the other side of the situation.

You may know much about one side, but seem to understand little of the other.

Once you see both sides you realize neither is right, and the main problem is status of the 4 million Palestinians and their land.

But your posts are so soaked in Zionist rhetoric I doubt you would be able to put the shoe on the other foot.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Pot calling the Kettle black, ArchAngel.
I have yet to see you fairly or objectively condemn the Palestinians for anything. It has always been Israel's fault.
Practice what you preach friend.
Set the example so that others can follow.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Wow, another anti-jewish, anti-isreali web post (oh goody!!!).
In the runup to the '67 war, Isreal had reason to be concerned about preparations for war on three of their borders. If three potential muggers are headed my way with sme sort of weapon in their hands, and I have reason to believe they mean me harm, I am going to act as I see fit, running away if possible, I mean three to one odds are a little steep in a real world situation (and I ain't Bruce Lee), but if I can't run away, well let us just say, I'm gonna make 'em work for it. That was exactly the situation that Isreal faced in '67, only gee they had no where to run to, even if they were so minded (never again seems to be the saying). So they acted, and attacked before the three muggers could, and wiped the floor with them.
Then come Yom Kippor, now there was a sneak attack. But thats off topic.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   

If three potential muggers are headed my way with sme sort of weapon in their hands, and I have reason to believe they mean me harm, I am going to act as I see fit, running away if possible, I mean three to one odds are a little steep in a real world situation (and I ain't Bruce Lee), but if I can't run away, well let us just say, I'm gonna make 'em work for it. That was exactly the situation that Isreal faced in '67, only gee they had no where to run to, even if they were so minded (never again seems to be the saying). So they acted, and attacked before the three muggers could, and wiped the floor with them.

If you wiped the floor with them, and then stole their wallets would you then be the mugger?

If Israel stole land when they invaded in a sneak attack, no matter their fears, they are then the aggressors.

The 73 war was the Arabs taking back what Israel stole when they invaded in a sneak attack.

If Israel had withdrawn it would never have happened.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Pot calling the Kettle black, ArchAngel.
I have yet to see you fairly or objectively condemn the Palestinians for anything. It has always been Israel's fault.
Practice what you preach friend.
Set the example so that others can follow.

I do practice what I preach.

All I have read concerning the mid-east would nearly fill an entire bookcase.

The Majority is Zionist biased.

If I were to recommend anything to anyone it would have to be Pashas Memoirs.

Not because of its bias, but because of what it reveals about the Bits intents.

www.amazon.com...

He was a distant cousin....

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist

Well thanks for nothing Mr. Israeli Government worker. U have contributed nothing here.... what a waste of a post

LOL.... it was a joke!

Speaking of jokes. First Post:

In a surprise election tactic Netanyahu played the Chicken Little Card in order to whip the people into a frenzy.

Without regard for international protocol the Israeli politician has raised the stakes and pushed the region even closer to nuclear conflict.

As the sole Nuclear Power in the Mid-East attention is again focused on their hostile intentions, and Netanyahu could care less what the rest of the world thinks.

With their history of aggressive wars, and blatant disregard of international law, and resolutions how much more will the world take before it finally acts to maintain the peace?

Every post made by AA is either a troll or he really believes this garbage. I really hope that it is the former. Because if not....well he is beyond hope.

I mean, With his aggressive posts and blatant disregard for intellectual honesty and fairness, how much time before ATS members wake up....How much time until ATS finally acts to maintain the rhetoric?

PLEASE! *rolls eyes*

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
What gets me is the fact that these 3 countries in the ME, 1 the regional power, Egypt, and the other 2 couldnt beat one of the smallest countries in the region. If you ask me, the 73 war was more about pride than land. And to a degree, they did reclaim thier pride in the sneak attack on Israel during the Israeli holiday of Yom Kippur, and the holy month of Ramadan. The US resupplyed them quickley with weapons and Israel was able to go on the counter offensive.

[edit on 12/13/2005 by ludaChris]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
Every post made by AA is either a troll or he really believes this garbage. I really hope that it is the former. Because if not....well he is beyond hope.

I mean, With his aggressive posts and blatant disregard for intellectual honesty and fairness, how much time before ATS members wake up....How much time until ATS finally acts to maintain the rhetoric?

PLEASE! *rolls eyes*

Yeah, anti-Semitism is quite rampant on ATS and is hardly ever dealt with or censored by anyone.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Yeah, anti-Semitism is quite rampant on ATS and is hardly ever dealt with or censored by anyone.

Ignorance is also rampant as are downright lies and the truth is often hidden amoungst all of the rubbish.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Ignorance is also rampant as are downright lies and the truth is often hidden amoungst all of the rubbish.

Could someone please point out anything I said here, or in any other thread that is Anti-Semitic?

Anti-Zionist yes, but not Anti-Semitic.

BTW: My grandmother was an Anti-Zionist Sephardic Karaite Jew, and I loved her dearly.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

There are times that I take an extreme position in order to open up the middle between the extremes, but not in this thread.

I believe Palestine should be liberated, or the Palestinians should receive full citizenship while Israel finally creates a constitution that gives full equal rights to all.

Is that hate???

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If you think that criticizing Israeli policy and Zionism is in any way similar to Anti-Semitism, and hatred of all Jews,

then it's YOU I hate, because you're ignorant.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join