It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thompson and VeriChip RFID Implants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
www.newswithviews.com...

Ex-Bush cabinet member Tommy Thompson still hasn't received an RFID implant despite a televised promise he made in July 2005 to do so....four-term governor of Wisconsin told CNBC that he would "get chipped" with a VeriChip implant, but he has no plans to undergo the procedure anytime soon, according to recent revelations.

The VeriChip is a glass-encapsulated RFID device designed to be injected into human flesh for identification purposes and for use as a payment device.

VeriChip spokesman John Procter said Thompson has been "too busy" to undergo the chipping procedure, adding that he had no clear plans to do so in the future. "I wouldn't put any type of time line on it," Procter said.

Their hypocricy knows no bounds. People like this make me more than just a little bit angry. If this is so "beneficial" and such a great idea--why hasn't he gotten himself implanted yet? This is kind of like a Ford executive that refuses to drive a Ford automobile. He makes me sick.

And here is the kicker:

The VeriChip spokesman also attributed the protracted delay in the chipping to Thompson's desire to investigate the procedure. "He wants to see it (the Veri-Chip) in a real-world environment first,"" said Procter,

I'm sure he does, but this guy never has had the desire to get the implant himself nor will he ever get implanted with the chip.

It makes you wonder why doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Is the eventual fear here that RFID chips will become manditory?

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
They will never be "mandatory".

Neither are credit cards now, but I know many places that won't except cash or check..

In the end the fear is something like this will be popular enough that a large percentage start doing it. Then it will slowly become mandatory without a law / etc.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
ID chips and implants aren't the only issue. RFID tags, smaller than a grain of sand, could be in a number of consumer products, including prescription drugs. The shirt on your back could serve as a tracking device...

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It will be voluntary at first, but I fear that someday that they will become mandatory, how this will come about can be anyones guese. It might at first be marketed to the general public as an convenience, something that will make our lives easier. After some time passes and the general public has gotten used to the idea of implants who knows what emergencies might spring up where for our survival and freedom, mandatory implantation will become a requirement. It doesn't seem too far fetched to me, hardly anything does anymore, so I will never say never.

Privacy that I once knew when I was younger is long gone and we will never get it back.

What realy gets me about this whole thing is the hypocracy of T. Thompson and those of his ilk who want to push these things on the general public but at the same time will exclude themselves and their families from taking in any part of it.

If this is such a great thing, then why do they continue to refuse to volunteer their own bodies to be implanted?

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
just imagine how the "chip" will revolutionize the payment of fines and penalties [a.k.a. behavior taxes] in the future. when you get arrested for violating the speech codes or for not handing over your firearm, the hefty fine you pay to the state will be automatically deducted from your account via the CHIP
how convenient!
no more getting the checkbook out.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
just outta curiosity...has anyone thought about the possibility of these chips being put in foods via nanotechnology? or the possibility of a remote force doing things that could popentially be harmful?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I have never thought of it, but that is one scary thought.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xerrog

Neither are credit cards now, but I know many places that won't except cash or check..

?
Where? They won't accept cash? I think that thats illegal no, cash is recognized legal tender, you can't not accept it no?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Advocates it but doesnt have the time, huh? Hypocrite.

As i hear it it takes less than a minute to do.

Its not as if we really need more tracking devices. There are plenty of way we are already monitored.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hypocrite is right. And didnt you love this statement:

"He wants to see it (the Veri-Chip) in a real-world environment first,"" said Procter.

I bet he does, I bet he does. This is more than just hypocricy, I wish I had the words right now to express myself better (well actualy I do but I better hold off).

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's a brave new world all right. And it looks more like "Blade Runner" every day.

This technology will just spur a new underground industry of fake RFIDs, chip extractor and implantor experts. ID theft via chips, RFID hacking, blocking, the list goes on and on.

But in the beginning of the rfid craze, the cry of "mark of the beast" will ring loud and clear among our Christian brothers and sisters unless they can couch the chips as some sort of sacrement. The marketing of rfid will be a show all unto itself.

T. Thompson is probably just waiting for the latest "model" so he can be tracked more efficently.

[edit on 17-12-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Xerrog

?
Where? They won't accept cash? I think that thats illegal no, cash is recognized legal tender, you can't not accept it no?

I have attended conventions, shows, etc, where certain vendors are set up to receive payment for goods by credit card card only. Apparently, since the goods are shipped to the customer, rather than bought on the site, the vendor has the right to refuse cash.

Cash can be anonymous, where credit cards are not. They tell us that the requirement of credit card payment is for our protection as the card is not charged until the goods are shipped. I believe that it is just another way to track us.

top topics

join