It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NWO in computer games.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
We all know of games that mention a conspiracy in one way or the other, but I had an interesting observation while playing the original Command & Conquer.

On the back of the box it clearly states New World Order, this is not the only game, Battlefield 2 also features mentioning the New World Order, are these warnings?

Command & Conquer has quite a bit of mention towards conspiracy related subjects, Star Wars Project, Secrect Societies, Time Travel (Philidelphia Experiment style) (Red Alert), Aliens (Tiberian Sun) and more recently, likely scenerio's for a future war between China and the Middle East, the same style conflict is also seen in Battlefield 2.

Is EA games part of the NWO or are they warning us about it? or is it Virgin Interactive and/or Westwood Studios (Now Defunct).

Mods, feel free to move this to video games in BTS if this is not aproperiate for the subject matter, but I don't feel that is necesary.

(edit to add comment)

[edit on 10/12/2005 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Nah-- I don't think it's either deliberate advocacy or a deliberate warning about the New World Order. I think it's far more likely that game programmers often have obscure interests, and/or recognize that gamers often have obscure interests, and they include such things so that gamers will see them and think, "Wow-- that's cool/weird/scary/bizarre."

Or maybe that's just what I'm supposed to think.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
That game looks awesome

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
there is really good thread somewhere on this same topic, i think. ill dig through the board and see if i can find it

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwearBear
www.2kgames.com...

That's pretty wild. I don't have audio here but would like to check it out again. That's a New World Disorder actually.

To piggy-back, here's a thread ranging from computer games to roleplaying games with some stuff inbetween. Not directly NWO, but a lot of these societies are thought to seek global control:

The games of Rosicrucians, Illuminati, and other secret societies...

[edit on 19-12-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Hi guys, I'm an artist in the computer games industry and I used to work at the London Virgin Interactive studio for a couple of years. I can assure you that I'm pretty sure there was absolutely no NWO power play influencing the day-to-day work being done on any titles coming out of that studio. In fact, the lack of project direction was lacking severely all over the place, it's a wonder they ever got any product out of the door. I've worked at a lot of games studios before setting up my own company out-sourcing artwork to the games industry (www.thinktankstudios.co.uk if anybody's interested) and nobody has ever tried to sway my hand towards any specific agendas or use of unusual iconography or anything like that. Sometimes I have put little bits in here & there to amuse myself, this sort of thing definately does happen all over the place but don't tell anybody

[edit on 19-12-2005 by Eddie Peoples]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Best one: Deus Ex.

Combines some of the best conspiracies and groups and ravels it into one coherant story.

-NWO
-Illuminati
-Area 51
-Aliens
-Men in Black
-Majestic 12
-FEMA evilness
-Knights Templar
-Artifical Intelligence
-Government medical conspiracies

what more do you need/

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
An amazing game you should check out if you're interested in the ties between a "New World Order" and video games is Act of War. It's all about the deception and manipulation of certain world powers and organizations to form a single world government. It's an RTS for those interested, I myself highly recommend it, I still play it and it's a rather new game!

****SPOILER ALERT****
For those who don't want to play the game or aren't big RTS fans, here's a breakdown of the game:

The world is in an oil crisis, and the oil companies are only making things worse by driving up prices (Sound familiar?) This causes riots and minor insurrections all over the globe, including the United States and Britain. A massive conference is called and held in Britain to try and find a method to regulate the prices and alleviate the stress of this global crisis.

At the conference, the US representative and Russian representative are kidnapped by "Terrorists" and are later found, interrogated for information about a new US refinery in Egypt that is supposedly going to revolutionize energy production all over the globe.

Long story short, the Russian representative that was kidnapped turned out to be behind the entire plot to enstate his "Consortium" upon the world, using the money he made from Russian oil sales to buy out elements of the US army and launch an assault on DC itself, successfuly capturing the President and forcing his hand on the world. Of course, as a hero, you succeed in recovering the President and in the end killing the Russian traitor, but Washington is in ruins, and a shadowy global government organization still exists.

I'm really hoping they continue the story, as it is very reflective of todays problems and crisis! Great game, and even cooler is that it uses real actors for the cutscenes, albeit they aren't GREAT actors, just makes the game that much more real

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Well, I'll be a monkeys uncle. The box does say New World Order, in the first line of the opening description of the game. I've had the game since it originally came out, & not once did I even notice that.

Not because I don't pay attention, but because I was so excited to get the game & play it, I never read the back of the box. I knew what the game was about, so I didn't feel the need to read the box.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It was Westwood Studio's which released C&C, so Virgin Interactive in the UK might have had limited involvement, unless you knew any of the staff I don't know completely if you were able to judge about NWO involvement, well maybe in Virgin in some extend, but probably not Westwood.

Cool to see someone in the games development sector, I personally am a mod maker, do some modeling/skinning, mod development for Total Annihilation and did a few models for Quake 3.

I hope one day i'll be hired by some game company, but I guess I need to better my skills.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
There's a game called "New World Order", I only played the demo and it was a while ago, but it felt a bit like Counter Strike Source.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie Peoples
Hi guys, I'm an artist in the computer games industry and I used to work at the London Virgin Interactive studio for a couple of years. I can assure you that I'm pretty sure there was absolutely no NWO power play influencing the day-to-day work being done on any titles coming out of that studio. In fact, the lack of project direction was lacking severely all over the place, it's a wonder they ever got any product out of the door. I've worked at a lot of games studios before setting up my own company out-sourcing artwork to the games industry (www.thinktankstudios.co.uk if anybody's interested) and nobody has ever tried to sway my hand towards any specific agendas or use of unusual iconography or anything like that. Sometimes I have put little bits in here & there to amuse myself, this sort of thing definately does happen all over the place but don't tell anybody

[edit on 19-12-2005 by Eddie Peoples]

hey dude that sounds just like the game company i was working for ! We had a "game designer" that knew nothing about what makes a good selling game, we had an art director that never played a game in her life, we had a team of designers that only wanted to play games and we had coders, that coded a game one day before deadline. Imagine....

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Resident evil is a great series that deals with an international company bent on taking control of the world.The series mostly deals with the experimentation of manipulating human genes to produce zombies and other creatures now the biggest thing that brought the series to my attention is Resident Evil 4 the newest release on the cube.I havent played far into it but i do know that the cult or main enemy is called los illuminados now the connection between the game and everything else i dont know but hey it fits into the thread..,..

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
"The Illuminated."

Strange.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
THERE IS NO NWO WARNINGS IN GAMES OK

man that game looks good to bad i dont have an xbox

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Care to prove how there isn't?

We all have several examples of this, it's only expected that you'd provide examples to counter us if you really feel that way!

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I would like to say that Every single game has some representation of The NWO.Well excluding sports and most reality game.In fact they are the main reason that im aware of the fact that there are people trying to control and rule the world and people in it,when most people were being raised and taught in school how (our world works) I was thinking of magic and adventures of fighting evil.All r.p.g's involve some nasty evil group(corporation,Governmentchurch...whatever)is taking control of everything
from who lives where to what stores sell what(ahem...Wal Mart)and always a few people the heroes set off to try to stop it.This is just what i think anyone can believe what they want.But one thing do you remember public school.In the mornings when they would make you say the lords prayer and the nationlal anthem.How many times did you have to say it in your life.Now being a human being of this earth a free spirit to think what you want.Wouldnt it seem like we are born into slavery and have thoughts put in our minds so much that we think and feel that we are certain things.
We are continueing something started by others that is it.Such ways are not only destroying our world but people as individuals and as a whole.
How can such a little amount of people tell so many how to run their lives .do you think that the world was so bent on consumerism before tv and radio came along please.turn off the t.v...........go into your fridge and look at the many brand names that you see there you know the ones that own all the major companies that employ us all who you know are all chum with the banks who basically own the properties we live on aswell as hold all of our money.So when all the major corporations run out all possibility of running your own buisiness without their hands in it.They can control the supplier market(ahem....Walmart)and pay less for what they want because there is no where else to sell it.Oh and dont expect unions or benifits cause they wont pay much..anyway i gotta go.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here's a link to that new world order game

www.p3int.com...

I'm downloading the demo right now to check it out!

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I dont think that its that they are warning us its that its an interesting topic for them to make games on and sell them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join