It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

negative energy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Lately I've noticedthat a lot of negitive feeling that normally i wouldn't have normal felt espeacailly around the holidays and all sorts of other tragic events have happend? has anyone else noticed this negtive feeling.

mod edit, spelling in title

[edit on 10-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It could be because the day after Christmas last year the World faced a tragic event. Do you get these feelings often? Has anything happened before when you have had these feelings?

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
not ubtil just recently and this might one contirbuting ive been thourough laely not to there been few tradgies inmy area.

[edit on 10-12-2005 by geekboy]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Perhaps it is just the winter blues? I sometimes get that. Maybe stress?

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think a lot of people get sad around the holidays. There is such a hoopla over the Holidays. Kind of a letdown with all the festivities. Anti-climatic, you know.
We put such an emphasis of goodtimes, gifts, spending, parties and it has a sad effect on some people.

And, the days are getting shorter and it's grayer and cold and many folks get S.A.D. or Seasonal Affective Disorder

Symptoms Include:

* regularly occurring symptoms of depression (excessive eating and sleeping, weight gain) during the fall or winter months.
* full remission from depression occur in the spring and summer months.
* symptoms have occurred in the past two years, with no nonseasonal depression episodes.
* seasonal episodes substantially outnumber nonseasonal depression episodes.
* a craving for sugary and/or starchy foods.

[edit on 10-12-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm the opposite of SAD. I am usually depressed in the summer. It's so hot, and I have allergies. I love winter because I can actually breathe, there are no bugs and creatures all over the place, and playing in the snow is funnnn =). I love winter. So it came as a surprise to me as well, when something feels different this year. I'm not really that excited. When it starts to snow I'm usually beaming with a smile, but not so much this year. I'm not really expectant for Christmas. I have nothing at all that I want.

It seems to be everyone. Christmas is no longer "politically correct" this year I guess, as everyone is pushing to change it to "Winter holiday" and "Holiday tree", etc. People aren't getting any nicer, when this is usually the only time of year people are smiling and nice to others. It feels like the tension is building, and if people don't lighten up soon, something is gonna blow.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It took years but I finally discovered why I get down during the Christmas holidays.

Beginning around Thanksgiving I begin to overindulge in everything but especially alcohol and sweets. This plays hell with your blood sugar and inturn your complete endocrine system and you get the sugar blues.

You feel a little funky so to feel better how bout a shot of tequila and a beer to wash down that pie. Vicious cycle!!

Nothing like hangovers and sugar blues to bring on that Negative feeling.
I know this why I used to feel bad around Xmas.

We all know the remedy; it's simple, but it ain't easy!

Sorry, this is a far cry from paranormal, just my take on it.

[edit on 10-12-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This thread doesn't seem to have any paranormal connection.
I don't think the negative feelings are otherworldly. This is being moved to BTS health and wellness.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The "negative" feelings ARE "otherworldly"...

Deep down you KNOW where these feelings come from. Look deep...inside.

top topics

join