It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Comedian Richard Pryor Dies at Age 65

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Well known and at times a very controversial comedian has died at age 65. Pryor's wife had found him early this morning and tried to revive him unsuccessfully from what appears to have been a heart Attack.

Yahoo News

Richard Pryor, the caustic yet perceptive actor-comedian who lived dangerously close to the edge both on stage and off, died Saturday. He was 65.

Pryor died shortly before 8 a.m. of a heart attack after being taken to a hospital from his home in the San Fernando Valley, said his business manager, Karen Finch. He had been ill for years with multiple sclerosis, a degenerative disease of the nervous system.

"We loved him and will miss you," his ex-wife, Flynn Pryor, said from her Florida home.

Pryor was regarded early in his career as one of the most foul-mouthed comics in the business, but he gained a wide following for his expletive-filled but universal and frequently personal insights into modern life and race relations.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Richard Pryor is perhaps one of my most favorite comedians and I am sure he will be missed by many.

Fox news is now carrying a live history of his life with accolades from the likes of Mer Griffin and Jackie Mason.

[edit on 12/10/2005 by shots]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
*&#@*&%($&W(*$&*(#@&*(!@~!!!???!?/1/?!??

65 is too damn young.

[edit on 10-12-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Shame, he was a good funnyman.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
For those that can recall his early antics, this man was truly a pioneer in stand-up comedy.

In your face, here we go, like it or not COMEDY!

In my opinion, he brought about a new era in stand-up.

I am here, I have one chance to reach you, so...

Wake the obscenity edited out! [paraphrased]

So many of his performances addressed REAL issues, but at a common-man, everyday level that truly connected with the audience. Like it or not, all profanity aside, he brought it to you.

As much as I enjoyed, admired, and reveled in his abilities as a stand-up comic; his on-screen presence and versatility were second to none.

The movies such as "Car Wash" and "Which Way Is Up?", where he played multiple roles, were the best.

Hat's Off Richard Pryor!

:shk:
You will be missed!

[edit on 10-12-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The original context and relevance, in the post above, was pertinent to the topic at hand. IMO no need for Mod/Admin intervention.

The obscenity edited out was in no way, shape, or form an obscenity [look around the board (i.e. ***)]. It was meant only as a demonstrative example to the manner in which he presented his views.

Damn, TC ... feeling a bit hammer happy tonight?!

[edit on 12/10/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Please add to the following ongoing thread.

Richard Pyror Is Dead

Thanks everyone.....

Thread Closed

new topics

top topics

join