It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Has Drill for Inevitable Bird Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Story

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Warning an outbreak may be inevitable, the White House on Saturday conducted a test of its readiness for a feared bird flu pandemic and said federal agencies fared "quite well" without offering any details.

Cabinet secretaries, military leaders and other top officials took part in the four-hour tabletop drill, which officials said was designed to assess the level of federal preparedness for a possible outbreak of bird flu or another deadly virus.

"This is about being ready for what inevitably will come," Health and Human Services Secretary Michael Leavitt said.

But the White House refused to divulge details about the exercise and the test results, and officials said afterward that it was clear that state and local governments would have to assume a leading role.

My suspicious nature makes me think this is all for show...and for a call to start buying your tamiflu NOW...

Get em while they're hot!

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
i agree its also a good way to condition the population .."are u scared yet..are u scared yet..are u scared yet" then when they release the flu on us..they can say see we knew..we were preparing. its always "good" to keep the population in fear

new topics

join