It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MENTORS... A new opportunity to help.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It seems this program has been put on ice for a bit, as we haven't heard anything lately and a bunch of other issues have popped up of late.

[edit on 1/27/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I would love to be a mentor... This place can seem to be a bit overwhelming at first..
I think the chat room idea is a great one...
Lots of new members take time to know where they should post certain topics, how to use pics and avatars, and the like.
I have helped people sort these things out in the past and it would be nice to do it in a semi offical capacity.

I hope this project gets off the ground soon as I am very keen to help!

Dan

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
No Time Like The Present

Originally posted by bigdanprice
I hope this project gets off the ground soon as I am very keen to help!

I love the idea behind this program, and look forward to seeing the new corps of mentors help new members adjust to life in our wild, wacky world.

However, there are many different ways that “older” members (sheesh, even after a year and a half I still feel like I just got here) can help newer members. In fact, I tend to think of that as part and parcel of being a good ATSer in general.

Prospective mentors can “bone up” for mentoring by studying the T&C (there have been recent changes), Board Information, and “trolling” the Board Questions & Business forum to offer assistance to those in need when you can (I'm a BQ&B troll myself).

They can also get a jump on the program by vowing to remain courteous, even when the dialog gets heated, being patient even when the same topic gets started for the bazillionth time in BQ&B (we're only human – most of us, anyway), giving friendly advice to fellow members when they see signs of potential T&C trouble, adopting an attitude of service to other members and in general just doing what they can to make ATS a more pleasant place to visit and hang out on.

Of course, nothing beats the personal touch, so another great way to prepare for a mentoring role is to get practice in real life situations.

Just walk up to new members and say, “Hey yew, hold still. I'ma mentor yew, and I'ma mentor yew good!

That's sure to make quite an impression on new members.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hey, I'm in!

I must be on everyday, I would say, and teaching people is fun.

Is post here all we have to do to sign up, or is there something 'official' we have to do?

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
this this is still active id be willing to help out anyway i can

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join