It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"WELCOME Aboard" from the Owners of AboveTopSecret.com

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
To DirtyBoots:

I think it has to do with which Board you are on.

There are other ways to get the desired smley. Right click any smiley here on ATS.

Go to properties, highlight and copy the url. use the url in between bb code tags for images, like so:

Also, you can use abbreviations like this:

= laughing smiley
= smile
= frown
= smiley sticking tongue out
= smiley with big grin
= thumbs up
= thumbs down
= waving to say hello

I wonder if there is a list of all of these floating around here somewhere.

If not, when I have the time I will look into compiling such a list.

[edit on 4/2/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
thank you for that warm welcom im gald this is a friendly server hope to post on alot of threds

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
lol so is this like ATS 101 or somehthin?
sounds cool.

posted on Apr, 18 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I, for one, feel proud to be apart of this paranoid and sleep-deprived community.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This is a fabulous and challenging site that offers everyone a wealth of information on the unknown. It forces one to question and probe. Intellectually stimulating.

AMAZING.................JUST AMAZING

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Springer.... Great site...
I have spent 25 years in the US military, so naturally I would have a few insights and mindful comments. Yes, I do get flustered with the on slaught of the conspirators of war. But, alas, I have learned that profanity is an uneducated mind trying to express itself.

Being in the military, profanity is a prereq. I dont condone it but I use it at times and understand that we as humans let our emotions run freely.

I have been on another site, that makes me laugh. They bash each other like a grape stomper.

It is amazing to me that people can get worked up over words. By the nature of the beast I am a conservative republican. I do however see points in all parties. I, myself try not to get worked up, but there is that occasion, when people actually test the last THREAD of reason.

I never held forums as a legitimate form of expression. Facts offered are often misrepresented and for the most part are biased opinions. Your forum seems to try and regulate the tirrades of the less informed trying to in-flame responses of an un-intelligent mind melt.

I look forward to reading and contributing to your forum.

"The extension of one's reasoning is their willigness to listen"

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hello there.........

I'm Ashley, I put together and work oil technology shows nationally and internationally for my company. I'm a science whiz. Astronomy/Astro Physics/Quatam, Therotical physics...Is what I preferably like, but I have a love for it all. I hope to have some fun sharing information and discussing topics here at ATS.

-Ash

posted on Aug, 4 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This site rocks!

thanks for the kind welcome.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
First of all, thank you for creating this site.Secondly, what a ton of info! Take our time indeed, I really like the way everybody has respect for each other, or at least,MUST show it while posting. Incredible site, I look forward to the journey.

[edit on 6-8-2006 by btbomber]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Hi..why people can vote for other people? What does it mean? Where can I see how many votes do I have?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hi,

Just joined. Been surfing this site for quite long time (couple of years or so), and reading articles now and then. Liked the old article about telportation for an example - don't know how long ago that was.

I registered to get access to the more "interesting" information that is posted on this site, and try to come with thoughts that may be interesting for you guys to read.

Generally I am mostly interested in information and political conspiracy theories and such. I am not sure if I want to believe in the UFO stories etc. But they are sure interesting to read about now and then

Great job guys. Looking forward to interact with you all!

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It's been a while since I dropped in and said hi, so HI!

Welcome and ENJOY!

Springer...

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
about time you say hi springer, why dont you ever return my phone calls.

dont tell me that was all pillow talk.

anyways, thanks for this site , you guys know who im talking to.

shouldnt this thread be sent as a u2u to every new member?

like their first u2u. maybe it is , idk .

peace

[edit on 19-9-2006 by elitegamer23]

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well from the posted rules I look forward to civil exchange of ideas. I'm real weary of the typical internet hostility, snipers, and wiseguys. I come here hoping to discuss topics with people of like mind and not argue or defend ideas.

[edit on 29-9-2006 by Cruizer]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I hopw this site turns out to be everything you claim it is. As an aspiring conspirist and pro-lifer id like to thank you for putting all of the right information into one place. All of the posts here, after I've began to read through, will have a deffinate impact on the knowledge I share with the others I interact with in life. Maybe, with enough reason and fact, we will be able to mainstream truth and allow "conspiracy" to become "reality".

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Just to say 'hi' and thanks to the mods and other helpful folks for the info.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Im really new here and i love this site but i fear im more or less on the idiot side of trying to git around..so i note some names have banned? and they have lots of points and i hardly have any and iwant to go shopping @ the ATS store..can new people git some of theres??

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
You don't need to get anyone else's points to have alot of points. Just make a lot of good posts on ATS and PTS. You get one point for every post and if you make very good posts you might get an Applause which gives you a 500 point bonus.

And if you make a thread you get 2 points for every reply it gets.

Another great place to check out is BTS. It is a more laid back place than ATS and PTS. There is a whole lot of different forums for a lot of subjects.
There is Music forum, Video Games, Member Art and a bunch more forums. And if there isn't a specific forum for what you like to talk about, no worries. General Chit-Chat covers everything else.

So just post a lot, try and make good posts and threads, and check out BTS - you'll have a ton of points in no time.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Hello..Just trying to navagate around the site at the minute..It's very impressive..I intend to post as soon as I get my bearings..so see you in a couple of weeks no doubt LOL..

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
i hope someone is still monitoring here. i am a relative newbie, and can't find the answer to this problem anywhere. how do i update my pages here. everything reads, 08/11/2007. this is the date i signed on. whereas i understand to some extent that this is my enrollment date, it shows this date for everything. even for other poster's. this gets pretty aggravating. is there anyway to correct this?

[edit on 08/11/2007 by janasstar]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join