It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"WELCOME Aboard" from the Owners of AboveTopSecret.com

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
First and foremost

WELCOME to AboveTopSecret.com!

We really are GLAD you decided to register as a Member and we hope you will participate in the global discussion that is AboveTopSecret.com.

This, our corner of World Wide Web, is a HUGE place to be sure. There is so much information that I can't keep up with all of it. Don't let that "scare you" or slow you down.

This site is a COMMUNITY first and foremost. The community comes first, and all else is subordinate to the community. This Community thrives on the unique perspectives, ideas and experiences of people like you and me.

The fact you are aware and interested enough in this world we live in to join
AboveTopSecret.com indicates you are completely "qualified" to participate here.
Remember that fact just in case you go out into the forums and start to feel intimidated or "shy" because of all the great research and commentary you will encounter done by our members.

Here's a link to the Board Information Forum that has lots of good information... www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you have a theory or story you want to share that is sort of "out there" or something that has just been turning round and round in your mind? Then our SkunkWorks Forum is the place for you. Just click this link and you'll be transported there instantly.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

SkunkWorks is our "back to basics" Forum... It's where a theory, experience or idea that hasn't been "proven up or down", may or may not have corroborating data (links to other information that backs it up) can be posted without the worry of "backing it up" with evidence or additional information. Certainly NOT a "free-for-all", in which post your "I had breakfast with the alien living under my bed story" but a unique place to post the more esoteric.

AboveTopSecret.com has grown to be the number one destination for alternative topic discussion on the world wide web for several reasons. The most important reason is our Members and the incredible content they bring to this site. In a close second position is the fact we keep the discussions very civil here.

Courteous discourse is the RULE not the exception here. We don't allow childish name calling or the attack of the author when you can't attack the theory or facts he/she is presenting.

We have a staff of outstanding individuals that are the "GO TO" people if you feel another member has broken the Terms And Conditions of use agreement we all sign and agree to when we join AboveTopSecret.com.

If someone attacks you personally DO NOT respond in kind or attack back, notify a Moderator immediately by using the "Gripe/Idea Button" located in the top "tool bar" or look for the Moderator of the forum you are in listing on the staff mast going down the left side of the forum home page.

Simply click on that Moderator's name and you will have an automated U2U screen addressed to them that you can explain the problem in. This feature gets you DIRECT access to that Moderator and in conjunction with the Gripe/Idea button will definitely get your needs met.

I am covering this so extensively because I know the biggest turn off to a New Forum is being treated badly by "certain long time" members who may feel they are superior in some way to a new member. Let me, one of the Owners of this site tell you now...

There is NO MEMBER who is superior to or more "valuable" to this Community than YOU, our newest Member.

There are many VERY USEFUL tutorials in the threads just below this one, USE THEM, take your time and learn as you go. There is NO RUSH.

Finally, I want to let you know that this Forum, "101" is YOUR forum. A forum to ask questions in, a forum to try out the features, a forum to gain a Mentor in.

Mentors are a new program we are initiating, it's just started so be patient with us. I will be inviting some of our senior members to be Mentors. I will base the invitation on their knowledge of the site and overall kind demeanor.

My next post in this forum will be about the D-Ego or "Digital Ego". The great SkepticOverlord coined this term/name several months ago and it's a GENUINE phenomena that we ALL share online.

Enjoy your time here and feel free to ask questions!

Best Regards,
Springer, SkepticOverlord and Simon Gray... the THREE AMIGOS.

[edit on 12-18-2005 by Springer]

[edit on 1-6-2006 by Springer]

[edit on 2-19-2006 by Springer]
edit on 12-21-2011 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
If someone attacks you personally DO NOT respond in kind or attack back, notify a Moderator immediately by using the "Gripe/Idea Button" located in the top "tool bar" or look for the Moderator of the forum you are in's listing on the staff mast going down the right side of the forum home page.

ATS is a great place to exchange information, not insults.

Many boards and chat rooms are plagued with people who use the anonymity on the internet to act in ways that are not acceptable in 'real life'.

If we all treat each other with respect we can accomplish great things on ATS. Personal attacks really damage the threads on ATS. We all may have different opinions but that doesn't mean we should use text as a 'cyber weapon' to silence others. Always remember there are people who get pleasure from your grief. Why give them the satisfaction?

Now if we can all just be good to each other in the real world things would be great

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Exellent... First I wondered a bit waht the **** this forum is for... But now I see... Exellent... BTW, why is the forums name 101...??

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
Exellent... First I wondered a bit waht the **** this forum is for... But now I see... Exellent... BTW, why is the forums name 101...??

Think Freshman college courses... Biology 101.

Springer...

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Remember that fact just in case you go out into the forums and start to feel intimidated or "shy" because of all the great research and commentary you will encounter done by our members.

good to know! Especially as I am a blubbering idiot...but had a decent mind once upon a time...but really what good would the vast information and research of those more articulate and eloquent be, if they didn't have anyone else to expound upon it for?! ...yk?

I'll be that someone...

I just don't like to be seen/treated as *the fool* (even if I sometimes take identifying with that role entirely too seriously)

and thanks to the likes of you Skeptic Overlord and Zedd (whos full name I just can't try to post right now) for making such an interesting and informative sight have such a welcoming atmosphere and be so user friendly....that handbook is a good place to start...and threads like this-it's nice to feel so welcomed and appreciated as a newbie and seen as what we represent-growth and expansion-right?

and on podcasts...way kewl! geez...I'll soon be addicted...

Zedd I swear if you did relaxation tapes (and I wasn't paranoid about subliminal messages) I'd BUY them and listen to you DAILY...I was listening to a podcast via my compter but had to do other things, so I turned you up and went about my business...sometimes catching what you said...but honestly-just cause your voice was sooooo nice-LMAO!!

Oh yeah, btw I'm a chick, (but don't tell anyone) so it's it's all good even if you're homophobic

Thanks guys

P.S. and I mean all of you-including Springer who wrote this post I'm replying to, didn't mean not to mention you by name or anything! (How rude of me)

[edit on 10-12-2005 by think2much]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by think2much
and thanks to the likes of you Skeptic Overlord and Zedd (whos full name I just can't try to post right now) for making such an interesting and informative sight have such a welcoming atmosphere and be so user friendly....that handbook is a good place to start...

Thank you. I made the Handbook for myself because I was always hunting down information. It started as a list of links that I would u2u to myself (yes, you can do that) and eventually grew. It probably is at the point where it needs some more updating which I will get to at some point.

I should set the record straight though...SkepticOverlord build this whole site. I only did my handbook and I do some stuff with the store and that's it. Skeptic has created this whole great place and he should get the praise. I know many other contribute as well. In fact Springer's idea for this forum (101) is a good example.

Zedd I swear if you did relaxation tapes (and I wasn't paranoid about subliminal messages) I'd BUY them and listen to you DAILY...I was listening to a podcast via my compter but had to do other things, so I turned you up and went about my business...sometimes catching what you said...but honestly-just cause your voice was sooooo nice-LMAO!!

And, well...thank you very much.

I'll have to get another one out soon. I've just been swamped lately.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I should set the record straight though...SkepticOverlord build this whole site. I only did my handbook and I do some stuff with the store and that's it. Skeptic has created this whole great place and he should get the praise. I know many other contribute as well. In fact Springer's idea for this forum (101) is a good example.

Oh no doubt-and if I didn't make it clear in my post that SO is to be revered-lol-my appologies SO!!!! I was addressing Springers welcoming thread but the first person I named by name when thanking *the likes of you all* for this site and the atmosphere on it- was SO I'm sure...and I even bothered to spell it out for reverence I believe-lol (Not that I'm losing my reverence for you now, m'Lord, I'm just too damn tired and lazy to do so each time tonight)

...not that I didn't have reverence for you Zedd...just couldn't remember your entire name -admittedly I'm a dork like that

Plus the first podcasts I listened to were his (SO)...and still are when I go to listen...I just got turned on to you through getting addicted to his podcasts in general

And notice I say turned on *to*...as opposed to *by* you-LOL dont want to make you too nervous on your next one thinking you have to aim to please a whole new audience out here

...or get banned from ats for sexual harrassment of a supermoderator or something
(...but I am thinking you should sing on your next one...LMAO...hey...just an idea
just an idea)

Actually, I loved that freakin song you played and will have to go back and listen to Sunday's to remember what band it was ...granier or something? never heard of-but liked

m'Lord Skeptic if you ever read this, know that I do love this site-it's saved my life and I love to listen to your podcasts first...but you scare me! LOL-you sound too much like a mix of both my private teacher in school and my ex--husband-LOL-love to hear what you have to say, and you clearly have a great personality...you just kind of scare me dude...

what a great place and great group of people though! I usually just lurk still-I have nothing to say-but like to observe and absorb...

ALTHOUGH Zedd (Like you'll make it back to read any of this) ...too bad it wasn't a conversation because I could have answered alot of your questions about religeon/Bible stories/Noah etc...or gave my opinion rather -take it or leave it-LOL but it was interesting food for thought anyway...and I found myself talking back to my computer

Anyway, to you all-thanks for a great site

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hey, i guess i am a freshman! MY name is alex, and i'm a freshman in High School. Greetings everyone. Let me give you a little bit of backround of myself. I live in Connecticut. My mother is from germany though. My father's parents are from germany as well. I have never seen an alien being or a ufo. although i think it would be pretty awesome if i did. I would like to meet an alien, but that probably will never happen. I am into a lot of music, i play in a lot of bands, mostly punk like the germs/bad religion. I have become very interested in conspiracies and stuff. And i am glad i found a message board with lots of people talking about this stuff.

[edit on 20-12-2005 by German Researcher]

[edit on 20-12-2005 by German Researcher]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
i dont know how anyone else found this site but i made the discovery at work. im not online often and very rarely post but a lot of the info and oppinions tickle my fancy. i tend not to express my true feelings because ive noticed that the truer it is the less likely it is believed and it makes the one who said it look crazy. but this seems like the only place where its ok. i look forward to hearing more and saying less.

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
There are some big avatars on here !

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I've been looking at this site for quite a while. I'm very impressed by how everybody gets along. Most of you are from the UK???? If you are I'm sorry for the 2004 election result. LOL..... Anyway I look forward to joining in on your discussions.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
In my search for the truth I chanced upon your site and was immediately convinced that you have a lot to offer. So I joined up!!! I'm looking forward to investigating this portal of knowledge and am looking forward to what I find. I've got your handbook so I think that may be the best avenue to take first. Congratulations on a fantastic forum and thank you for being here

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
hey pixie....you dont happen to be from georgia do you? if not, sorry to bother you....got a friend that uses that name.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hi, I'm new too, but I've been a lurker for a while. I loved ATS even before I was a member: I came several times a day. I've even gotten my mom to read some of the more interesting threads, like Valhall's ghost in the house, and her FEMA camp story. I'm glad to be a part of the team that makes up ATS'ers; I honestly believe that if we all got one new person to come to the site everyday, we could change the world.

I'm also in the market for a mentor if anyone's looking for a 'mentee.'
This site is so big and confusing. I re-edited my first post a gazillion times before I figured out how to submit it.

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
wow---- I'm frustrated

I can't find my posts anywhere----

How long does it take to update?

If I start a new thread, how do I find that particular post in the specified area?

Thanks

posted on Feb, 17 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
mcgillicuddy, all that information you can find by clicking at the top of the page.

posted on Feb, 18 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Just joined tonight as I found your site quite by accident and thought it would be interesting to read what is going on in the world oc conspiracies.

Without a doubt they exist, but the ones I believe exist are the most obvious and just taken for granted, like the Federal Reserve for instance.

What I have seen so far is weird, lol.

I will be doing more reading than commenting for a while anyway, unless something catches my eye and I cannot be quiet.

I am a horrible typist so if I make the usual errors in typing I am prone to make, do not correct my spelling, that is a pet peeve, and I like to believe most are above such petty complaints, ha ha, smile anyway.

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
but I had posted something today in the "Introductions" section---- I believe the subject was "A little bit about myself"

It's nowhere to be found and I checked on MyATS and all the recent posts seemed to have been deleted----

I posted about 10.30am Pacific Standard Time

Again, sorry to be a pain

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
mcgillicuddy, all that information you can find by clicking at the top of the page.

hi frenz , am new to the grp... the grp looks like a game of maze... i guess it would be weeks 2 get used 2 these.. well neway, where shall i find new avatars ?? could ne 1 help me out ??

JAK

posted on Mar, 9 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Hello sidsd, and welcome to ATS.

For instructions about how to upload and avatar please see Kinglizards Updated Avatar Instructions . For future reference covering this an dmuch more you might like to bookmark Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links , a fantastic resource for everything ATS.

As for some topics not being available to you, you should have the access to every topic that most other members do. The only case I can where you would not be able to post in certain forums is when certain member status is required to post, eg. writer (which you should be able to see displayed under members names). This would be required to actually post in the Collaborative Fiction forum, but you should be able to access it no problems.

For an explanation of this please see: Want To Be A Writer ?? Please Read.

I hope that helps some, if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to U2U me.

Welcome again,

Jak

[edit on 9/3/06 by JAK]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join