It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the truth and reality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
what is right

honesty integrety

the physical universe

aspects surounding energy

the people, the energy

one right one wrong

one path

[edit on 10-12-2005 by sturod84]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
heres a good website people

physorg.com

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
discover some reality, help the cause

stay diligent

peace

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
take heed, the veil of subjective discourse has in some respects shrouded the commonality of goodness.

flame be with you!

sir

[edit on 10-12-2005 by sturod84]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." -Philip K. Dick

Personally, I think my sig sums it up pretty well. Truth is whatever it is. We might or might not look for it and we might or might not find it. We might or might not find something else instead, and we might or might not invest time and energy into defending that which we want or need or hope to be the truth, but the truth-- the real truth-- continues to be whatever it is, unaffected by our petty concerns.

Thanks for the link...

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I think Winston Churchill summed it up really and from memory so not a direct quote is goes something like this:

"Occasionally people stumble over the truth, however most people just pick themselves up, dust themselves off and carry on regardless"

MischeviouslySearchingForATruthfullStmblingBlock

Regards

Elf

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
yes and as humans with emotions we sometimes find the truth hard to acsept, yet these are the things that make us stronger in the end. acsepting truth for what it may be. this might be what makes life so interesting.

now to find a truth of alien orientation, that would be awsome

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The thing I've never understood is the great lengths that people will go to in order to avoid facing truth. So many people seem to believe that admitting that they're wrong and accepting that the truth is something other than what they have believed is a sign of weakness, when the truth grants nothing but strength. Falsehood and ignorance breeds weakness, and no matter how hard one might try to hide or rationalize that falsehood or that ignorance, the weakness is still there.

Truth is clarity and clarity is strength.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It may be true that truth brings more strength to strong people, but it can weakens too in favors of others interests. Depends of your interests and those of your community.
But sometimes, in certain contexts when you hold a truth that no one else know about in your surrounding, it can bring pains because it isolates you.

Since a persons well being is a dynamic between one's inner beliefs and those of his community, it takes lots of courage to bring the people you love to a level of pain during which they'll open their eyes to the real situation, a situation that just might be, on a greater level of logical check switch, be another lie! So, you have to be careful I believe when it comes to revelations because the truth might be another belief mesurable on a Excel graph throughout the civilisations. Some will say the truth is irrefutable, and as soon as it no longer holds logic to its inherent meaning, it ceases to be a truth and thus, becomes a lie. But that might just be another trick of the mind to sit his beliefs because truths are as dynamic as everything else. The important thing, which is what this tread is all about in my opinion is to look at the borders of meanings, where the truth flips from lie to truth again. What conditions or for whom interests has truths been burried into vault of ignorance and denying?

Mechanically, truth brings pain at first but it frees you afterward from beliefs on which you based your actions, opinion, etc. Just like mind control works. Ever heard of how they break peoples mind after bringing them to extreme pain? Well, that's what you call truths acts on you, more mischievously. Truth is like a by pass between your new intentions and your actions. You set your truths, then you act upon them. Either for the life force or for entropy.

What could truth be? Could it be that...
you pass from a state where you are blinded to others pain, to a state where you acknowledge others pain. Then, a mechanism tells you to either act now for the faith of others, or to act for yourself and become blind again for a while, living a semi concern life about the truth you experienced hours ago.

What is interesting about truth is what can be builded out of it. If lesser pain comes out of the truth, it could be fine or it could be boring too. I don't know...but I know this:
"Don't believe the hype"'

if you need real truths, set your brain into superconductive state, a pattern into which every knowledge is accessible and lost again. Be ready to loose. But remember everything is dynamic, what is lost now is won/one again if you/yuu want too/two.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'd have to say though that even when the truth brings pain, it still, even if only ultimately, grants strength, or at least inner strength. Although truth can be relatively weak in a world founded on lies, individually and internally it is still stronger than even the most popular lies.

Yes-- truth can be and often is fluid. That's part of its nature. That's why I say that "truth is." Was isn't significant, nor is will be. Only is matters, and is, balanced on the razor's edge of the present, is whatever it is from moment to moment. Truth is not to be grasped, but to simply be recognized for whatever it is, as it is, now, from moment to moment.

A mind free of preconceptions and open to the moment-by-moment progression of now can, potentially, see that which is as it is. But that which is remains, seen or unseen, recognized or unrecognized. It simply is.

new topics

top topics

join