It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conspiracy Against Children: Exactly who is out of control?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
I'm not that old, only 38, but when I was the age of the kids mentioned in these articles, kids did not act this way.

Any ideas on why the difference in the behavior (or misbehavior) of children between then and now?

Our society is falling apart. Look at most of those items. In most of them you see the police responding to a call. Most of them the officer didn't just show up and decide to hand cuff or tazer a kid. Someone in the school or home or whatever, already lost control and called the police. Officers aren't trained to deal with juveniles this young. When I was a child we never saw the police at our school but my daughter says she sees them about once a month. A lot of schools have hired full time security.

A kid throws a tantrum and the police are called. Why couldn't the teacher and or the principle restrain the child? A lot of you immediately attack the officer but what can he do that the school hasn't? Officers aren't baby sitters.

You have to ask why it has to come to the point that police have to be called. Why can't the school handle it? The answer is society. Parents who want to work and play all the time or sit around smoking dope and post their kids in front of the tv so they can learn from snoop dog and Bart Simpson. Everyone wants to be their kids best friend but nobody wants to be a parent. The kids are spoiled, they learn from day one they will get what they want if they just cause enough comotion. Too much time spent on their self asteem, rights, and feelings. Look how many schools play games where nobody loses. Yea, that's gonna really prepare the child for life. Whatever you do, don't teach the kid you can't always get what you want!

I bet if you really looked in to it. Most these kids, the problem is the parents. I'm all for teaching a kid to speak up, but there's a time and a place. Look at the girl on the bus that was hand cuffed. I say good! Someone could've been killed and she smarts off to the cop, a cop who could've been the one that was killed. Daddy feels it was wrong for his little angel to be hand cuffed. Hey ass, why not let your daughter in on a little secret. Shut up when an officer is inquiring about who nearly killed him or someone else. Why do you feel you need to open your big mouth and give your 2 cents? If you didn't throw it, then sit down and shut up. Daddy could've taught his daughter a little lesson in life but he chose not to. That's a huge contributor to these instances.

Kid's a problem and instead of taking the time to instill some discipline, take the easy way out, take them to a therapist and put your kid on dope. What could go wrong?

Like I said, in most of these cases a cop was called. There was a problem well before they arrived on scene. That's why you're seeing so much of this now a days and will see more.

With that said, no I don't think most of these officers reacted correctly. I think they just plain over reacted in most cases. They aren't trained for this kind of thing. Being called to control an unruly child is something completely new. Again, they were called on scene by other adults who should've been able to take care of it themselves, there was a problem before they arrived. Don't fix the symptom, fix the problem.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit
Kid's a problem and instead of taking the time to instill some discipline, take the easy way out, take them to a therapist and put your kid on dope. What could go wrong?..

You are rather quick to attach blame, swapping one blanket statement for another is not a good idea, imho. Every single case should of course be scrutinized as thoroughly as possible, and drawing conclusions out of thin air is foolish, among other things, but the hard facts are usually still discernible - f-ex. the part about handcuffing someone for 'talking back' ...

let me ask you about one minor detail, how exactly is handcuffing someone who basically can't shut up but doesn't display any sort of violence help? duct tape, maybe, but handcuffs
something to ponder.

As for your comment about drugs, who exactly is putting a quarter of the US school population on Ritalin, a variety of Speed? got a problem with that too?

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well said notbuynit. About time someone on this thread spoke the truth about our pervasive social problems. I saw rants & raves about corporeal punishment earlier, with a clear emphasis on showing the bad side of such. Published research was cited to prove corporeal punishment doesn't work, but no evaluation of the research was given--it was just accepted as fact. Much of such research has been examined over the last few years and found to be seriously lacking in methodology and analysis. Yes there are problems with corporeal punishment, but when it was almost universal in our schools we certainly did not have problems like we have now.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Christ, I've only read the first post so far and after reading the first account I was ready to mutter some excuses, but after readig the rest! Jeez it's disgusting, how can they get away with it? I'm no fan of kids these days with the way they behave but this seems rather excessive? What are they teaching them? I'm not a la-di-dah pacifist but... what?
Are things that bad?.. if so WHY DID THEY GET THAT BAD?
If not.. why the excessive force?
It's not like they just handcuffed them, handcuffing them to rails in the bus? their feet? Sounds like stuff meant for Death Row inmates..

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
What are they teaching them?

...that governance by the people, for the people is a lie...

You are nothing more than chattel, deserving of heavy handed rule and subservience to someone else's "greater good"...

What message do you think this sends?

Tensions Change Dress Code At Local Middle School

The immigration debate and demonstrations caused a middle school in Adams County to change their dress code.

Students at Shaw Heights Middle School are no longer allowed to wear anything that's patriotic, including camouflage pants, because they have become a political symbol for a version of patriotism.

A letter went home to parents last week that explained for student safety, no clothes were allowed with political messages or flags of any sort.

More...

:shk:

And we wonder why our political institutions are crumbling...

[edit on 4-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
My take on the child problem:

1. The government took the power to discipline children away from parents and gave children the idea that even reasonable discipline is abuse;

2. Modern children are spoiled brats and aren't expected to mature as they were in the past;

3. Television is violent and unrealistic and "parents" allow the Idiot Box to raise their children;

4. There is a large percentage of people who have poor parenting skills.

Additionally, I support law enforcement officers handcuffing brats. No one likes to be hit. The police should not have to put up with that kind of crap.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Yuk. There was also one a few days back (I think WyrdOne posted it) about a two year old who got arrested for throwing a rock or something stupid like that. I couldn't find it in any of the forums I was expecting such a post to be in, though, but I know it's here.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
what is this world coming to , if there was an example of excessive force this thread shows many. i am truly sick to my stomach.
yes kids of today are more aggressive than they were years ago, but i ask you this who made them that way?

loam you got my vote for way above an excellent thread

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
If people would just stop having these stupid little rugrats, then there wouldn't be a problem, now, would there? It's not like there's a shortage of children. Drag another person into existence to satisfy your own pathetic ego. People are squirting them out like there's no tomorrow, and then get all in a tizzy if the rest of the entire world doesn't bow and scrape and go out of its way to make life a happy little wonderland for them. Well, the world isn't a happy wonderland for anybody. It's full of all kinds of danger and pain and misery and death, and kids have no reason to expect any different. We're all greasy, smelly little animals on a harsh planet.

Welcome to existence, kid. Nobody gets out alive.

posted on Jun, 2 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I have heard about a little of this... Then again parents abuse children as well... I cant help shaking the "your next" feeling... After some stuff I've said and done... well...

btw: though there are less cops at my new school (has something to do with the lack of a drug problem) they still are there... more as crossing guards almost... I can imagine myself getting dragged off for some "thought crime" I commit...

[edit on 6/2/06 by TristanBW9456]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is exactly why if I chose to have childern they will not be sent to a school run by the govenment. I don't trust the govenment to tell me the truth, why would I trust it to tell my childeren the truth.

I voted the first poster for WATS. Good post

posted on Jun, 5 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Researchers report fivefold increase in antipsychotic drugs among youth

The use of potent anti-psychotic drugs to treat children and adolescents for problems like aggression and mood swings increased more than fivefold from 1993 to 2002, researchers reported Tuesday in the New York Times. Excerpts:

The researchers, who analyzed data from a national survey of doctors' office visits, found that anti-psychotic medications were prescribed to 1,438 per 100,000 children and adolescents in 2002, up from 275 per 100,000 in the two-year period from 1993 to 1995.

The findings augment earlier studies that have documented a sharp rise over the last decade in the prescription of psychiatric drugs for children, including anti-psychotics, stimulants like Ritalin and anti-depressants, whose sales have slipped only recently. But the new study is the most comprehensive to examine the increase in prescriptions for anti-psychotics.

More...

I think the article speaks for itself...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
We are being overmedicated, dumbed down, propagandized, brutalized, and distracted. Here in san ramon I hear we have some "structured activities with police officers" which I think sounds suspicious... I'm going to see about looking into that. Funny.... Been seein' a lot of black helecopters flying over... Really... I'm serious... very low to... not military hele's though... civilian... thinking bell 206... prolly just regular air traffic.... I believe there is an airport near here or sumting...

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I am becoming more and more convinced there is an institutionalized objective to control society by attacking our children first...

Control the little minds....if that don't work....beat them into submission...trouble still???? ...then drug them... and if all else fails, humiliate them!!!

Think I'm wrong? Look at these two stories:

Class VP arrested after coming late to graduation

Warren HS Senior's 'Wave' Gets Her Kicked Out Of Graduation Ceremony

It appears that the only thing we manage to teach in school...is injustice.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by loam]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Also the majority are white males that make you wonder as why . . . I imagine that has to do with financial means of the families that can afford to drug their children for better behaviour.

The drugs use to medicate children are not treatment for ADD but the medications are originally for schizophrenia and mental depression.

As today nobody has done studies that are directly to see the side effects on children and many of the children that are under these drugs end up into dependency as adults.

We have allowed our society to dictate what specific social behavior is the right behavior and when that doesn’t happen it’s ok to make it happen with drugs.

Scary future ahead for our most precious resources our children

[edit on 7-6-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Yeah... But there are other things going on... The whole school system is made to combat dissent, you cant question the authorities, you are assigned a number for almost everything, theres D.A.R.E. and other programs, We are not even allowed to hang out in the areas near the school and a they call the police if you say that they dont control that area. I have been punished for speaking my political mind.

Oh and by the way, the parents are to blame for any over medication, my parents have never let me near anything like that. These medications are not the answer, They dumb down children and eliminate free will, I remember my parents saying they turn you into sheep... they were right. We are brainwashed.... help us... Thankfully I have been able to get the free will into some people...

Dont give me bull# about it not being the cops fault-he/she is responsible for whatever action they do.

[edit on 6/7/06 by TristanBW9456]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This is pretty distressing...

Link

For several weeks, Karen McCarron had been making teary phone calls, despairing over her 3-year-old autistic daughter's future.

Unable to get Katie to settle down for a nap on a Saturday afternoon, McCarron took her for a drive. Police say the respected Peoria-area physician and advocate for autistic children parked, put a plastic bag over the little girl's head and smothered her to death in about two minutes.

McCarron, 37, is alleged to have confessed to the crime a day later--Mother's Day--telling police she "just wanted to end her pain and Katie's pain." On Thursday afternoon in a Pekin courtroom, McCarron bowed her head and remained silent as her lawyer entered a plea of not guilty on first-degree murder charges.

This is not an isolated incident. It seems more and more parents are taking these drastic measures to 'end their childrens' pain.'

It's such an emotional issue, I don't know how I feel about it. Parents are supposed to know what's best for their children, and they're supposed to love them enough to make the right decisions.

But so often the reality differs from our expectations...

Anyway, another tragedy in a world full of 'em..probably won't cause so much as a ripple in the pond.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Very sad story, again it brings back the real issue . . . is not our children the one that are out of control but society and us the parents the ones that can not cope anymore from our children, home, spouses and society's demands or perfection.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Sad, indeed.

It's all very depressing... I think I need a break from this thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join