It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Isis and Onomastics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Thankyou ARISTOCRAT and Masonic Light for assisting me in my query.

ARISTOCRAT, your link is very interesting. These strange anomolies are most mystifying.
The '23 Enigma', studied by William Burroughs, favoured by those fans of Robert Anton Wilson and Principia Discordia continues to intrigue me. I find that in studing this strange synchronicity that 33 appears in conjunction with 23 in many instances. In fact, 33 could be considered another number that has as many odd coincidences occur around it as 23.

Masonic Light, thankyou for clarifying the 'Blazing Star'.
Robert K. G. Temple (3 degree), author of 'The Sirius Mystery' tells of his being approached by a Charles E. Webber, urging him to join the Craft:

"We are very interested in your book The Sirius Mystery. We realize you have written this without knowledge of the traditions of Masonry, and you may not be aware of this, but you have made some discoveries which relate to the most central Masonic traditions at a high level, including some things that none of us ever knew. We would very much like to get you to exchange some ideas and research with some of the people in our headquarters. But unfortunately because you are not a Mason we cannot discuss any of these matters with you, as it is forbidden."

I asked him what sort of connection there was and he did mention specifically that it was my work on ancient Egypt, on Isis and Osiris, and the ancient traditions of the star Sirius. - Temple, R.K.G. The Sirius Mystery. London: Random House, 1999. 601

It appears Webber was also a member of the Scottish Rite. Is the Blazing Star open to interpretation within the S.R.? It would seem that Pike's beliefs hold sway over the secrets of the Upper Masonry in the S.R.

I would like to add that I am very appreciative of the Masons who have added into this thread. Thankyou

[edit on 8-4-2006 by Beelzebubba]

<< 1   >>

join