It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photo Mystery-Braxton Beast Found on Game Cam

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Nice photo - Always cool to get some mysterious shots once in a while.

It actually does look like a bipedal to me - I find the photo very intruiging. There also appears to be some sort of thing on the right in the photo, any idea what that could be?

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well, there was one particular argument on that site that seemed to be valid. If you do enhance the picture, you can see there is motion blur (as said on that site, mainly in the left "leg"). It couldn't be a person in a suit, it's not the right proportions, and it is most definitely NOT the back of a white tail deer (I laughed my head off when I read that). There's just not enough proof for either side of the argument. You can't draw a valid conclusion from this.

EDIT: Also, another fact that was pointed out on that site. The squareness of the arms and head. The way it seems to be stiffening it's arms and such. Don't most accounts talk about caves or caverns? Or areas close to them?

[edit on 11-12-2005 by mw080]

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Lets see if that could be a leaf.

I picked the biggest flying leaf on the right.
Rotated it 120º.
Pasted just right of the tree.

What do you think, could it be just a flying leaf?

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think t's Ron Jeremy.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mw080 It couldn't be a person in a suit, it's not the right proportions, and it is most definitely NOT the back of a white tail deer (I laughed my head off when I read that).[edit on 11-12-2005 by mw080]

You know, I think your right. The more I look at this pic I believe that it might be a white tail coming right at the camera, in a slow run, with her head down
These cameras are usually not high quality so that could explain the "off orange" color and the strange look of no hooves touching the ground. Seriously, I think it is either a leaf or a deer.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Why is the title, the "Braxton Beast"?

Is their a story to go along with that, some background??

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Thanks for all the comments. Still don't know what to say this is but very interesting.
Here is a quote from the story about the Braxton Beast Legend in that area.

Braxton County, West Virginia, is the site of the "Braxton County Monster" reports of September 12, 1952, otherwise known as the "Flatwoods Monster" or "Green Monster" encounter.
Less well-known is an encounter in this general area that took place in 1960. At 11:00 P.M., Friday, December 30, 1960, bakery deliveryman Charles Stover rounded a curve on a lonely, backwoods road near Hickory Flats, West Virginia - between Braxton and Webster Counties - and saw a "monster, standing erect, with hair all over its body." Stover said that he almost hit the thing and stopped his bakery truck a short distance away to look back. The hairy, six-foot-tall, man-shaped figure stood beside the road watching him. He stepped on the gas and finally stopped at a restaurant-filling station where he told his story to a group of men. They immediately armed themselves and went to the spot. They found strange marks on the ground and a large rocks had been overturned by something. But the creature was never found.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by swampcricket

Originally posted by Jedi_Master
Howdy folks...

IMHO...

I don't thinkit is a leaf, or the back end of a deer, it looks more to me like the cam caught a hunter in hunters orange out in the woods...

You must be covered head to toe in hunters orange and hunt with no gun.

Sure you can...

Not only that he could be wearing a orange hood as well...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
You always get the most interesting stuff first Harry!

Originally posted by Harry55
Braxton County, West Virginia, is the site of the "Braxton County Monster" reports of September 12, 1952, otherwise known as the "Flatwoods Monster" or "Green Monster" encounter.
Less well-known is an encounter in this general area that took place in 1960. At 11:00 P.M., Friday, December 30, 1960, bakery deliveryman Charles Stover rounded a curve on a lonely, backwoods road near Hickory Flats, West Virginia - between Braxton and Webster Counties - and saw a "monster, standing erect, with hair all over its body." Stover said that he almost hit the thing and stopped his bakery truck a short distance away to look back. The hairy, six-foot-tall, man-shaped figure stood beside the road watching him. He stepped on the gas and finally stopped at a restaurant-filling station where he told his story to a group of men. They immediately armed themselves and went to the spot. They found strange marks on the ground and a large rocks had been overturned by something. But the creature was never found.

So I did a bit of digging in the mystery... The creature is better known as the "Flatwoods Monster" (as Harry pointed out here). This is what the Flatwoods monster supposedly looks like...

I'm not sure if this is a toy, statue or what, but you'll find it in Loren Coleman's cabinet of curiosities...

And another person's impression

Doing a Google Search you'll see a similar creature in orange...

Interesting the resemblance!

Also the original sighting goes hand in hand with a UFO sighting, so this could just as well be an alien and not a cryptiod.

That said, I'm afraid that I must agree that it looks like a falling leaf. There should be more than one picture (of the creature) if it's a half-decent motion-censor camera, unless the creature moved at great speed. It would also be interesting to see any other pictures (of deer/birds/whatever) taken by the camera.

The color is just too bizarre. There seems to be something wrong with the picture, but I just can't put my finger on it... (Maybe it's the bright orange creature strolling in the middle of the scene!)... Something wrong with the focus compared to the background. It will hit me eventually.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Gemwolf]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
That black & white photo of the "flatwoods monster" is the most scary thing i've ever seen in my life, if was in the woods and saw that I think I would die...

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Does it seem like the whole thing gets very fuzzy around where the feet would be??

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
looks to me like a guy in blaze orange with a really weird hat on

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
That black & white photo of the "flatwoods monster" is the most scary thing i've ever seen in my life, if was in the woods and saw that I think I would die...

-- Boat

I agree. I've known about that picture for several years, and it always scared the crap out of me. According to my memory, two teenagers bumped into this Flatwood Monster some years ago, and got scared the # out of them. Could be wrong though, have to dig up one of my old UFO books to find out, and I'll bet I cant find it.

But other than the color, I dont see any resemblence to the picture.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
But other than the color, I dont see any resemblence to the picture.

That's because you're looking at the B&W "artist's impression"... All the others (that also appear on the cover of a UFO book) are in orange. Run the google search and you'll see what I mean. (Can't link directly to any of the pics.)

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I don't think this is a leaf, but I can't say I know what it is.

Isn't there stories of Bigfoot ranging in color from black to orange? maybe this is the cousin of the Pacific Northwest bigfoot?

The image reminds me very much of something out of Lord of the Rings, one of those tree spirits or something like that.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I live in Braxton County, WV. And I go to school pretty close to where the monster was sighted. To me the picture just looks like somone walking toward it and nothing like the monster was described as.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
if you look really closely at the blow up that ignorant_ape posted, and squint your eyes, and rotate your head slightly to the left...you can see the face of jesus.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by justdj
if you look really closely at the blow up that ignorant_ape posted, and squint your eyes, and rotate your head slightly to the left...you can see the face of jesus.

OMG - must go and sell that pic on EBAY

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Looks like a dirty snowman. And since there is only one picture leads me to believe it's a hoax. Usually pictures of bigfoor are moving, this one looks like it stood still for the camera?

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This photo was claimed to be taken on Saturday night after Christmas, 2003. The location somewhere in the countryside of southeastern Virginia. This was taken by a paranormal investigater from that area. The resemblance is uncanny.
See what you think. Found the picture and story at www.paranormalplus.com...

www.paranormalplus.com...

Also this one looks similar in color but is said to be a demon.

I think something strange is happening in Virgina. Scary hmmmm...

[edit on 15-12-2005 by Harry55]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join