It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALIEN FISH ??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Rare Snakehead Fish Found in Wisconsin
NETSCAPE.COM/NEWS

A carnivorous alien fish known for its voracious appetite and ability to wriggle short distances on land has been found in southern Wisconsin's Rock River.
cnn.netscape.cnn.com...

oh my goodness

Does anyone know about these fish? Do they only eat other fish?

[Edited on 9/24/2003 by Venus]

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I've never heard of anything like this, but I'll have to say that it sounds pretty cool. Heh. I don't hear about alien fish too often...

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
I've never heard of anything like this, but I'll have to say that it sounds pretty cool. Heh. I don't hear about alien fish too often...

I got this mental picture of people running for their lives and small children being eaten......oh the nightmares

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Ummm alien fish....frightening thought,
but i suppose there is so much in the sea that we will never no about....a whole breed of water type aliens could excist there?????

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Of course, they are "alien" as they are from China. I remember reading this story back when they first found them (and yes, they appear to eat only fish). Since then, sounds like the choice made was to poison them (and the other fish of course), but seems like some got out. As well as they seem to be adapting...looks like the only option available is to let Nature duke it out...as they don't have the manpower to get them all...or stop them from coming into the country...as they're not even illegal yet, just proposed to be so....

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I remember trying to play a game called Alien Fish on my dad's cell phone... That was before color phones and fun.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Man immigration is getting out of control.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Would mind catching one......

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Mean lookin' fish...
Wonder if they're edible (other than to the Chinese)???

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well if you go deep into the ocean you'll find weird looking fish which survive at freezing temperatures.

There was a series on the BBC about fish and ocean life, cant remember the name of it tho.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This is a mess. These are perhaps the greatest threat to our native good tasteing species. The people who have tried to eat them say carp is easier to clean and taste better. (NOT GOOD). these are fowl nasty pervasive species. They ought to hang the guy who brought them over for "pets". The days of lazy crappie fishing or soon to be gone. I give our native speices about 10-15 years before they are wiped out. But the ozone hole or NWO will get us all before then.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think this will all play itself out. Whoever brought them over as pets are fine, but those who dumped them, should be shot. We've caused the mess and we should fix it, but history shows us that we're not very good cleaner-uppers, even when we try we often make things much worse.

I say let nature have it's way, she's always been much better at fixing our messes than we have.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Well if you go deep into the ocean you'll find weird looking fish which survive at freezing temperatures.

There was a series on the BBC about fish and ocean life, cant remember the name of it tho.

Blue Planet.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 03:44 AM
link   
We find new species of marine life every couple of months don't we ?

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It isn't new, it's just not native to the continent, and is wreaking havoc on local ecosystems....

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Here is a link with more info on the snakehead fish.

Northern snakehead fish, which are common in the aquaria industry and also sold live in some Asian fish markets, are one of 28 species of snakeheads native to Asia and Africa. They can grow to more than 3 feet long and exceed weights of 15 pounds. They are aggressive predators that feed opportunistically on amphibians, fish, aquatic birds, and, on occasion, small mammals. Of greater concern is the snakehead fish's ability to survive in waters with low dissolved oxygen and to travel across land. When looking for more suitable habitat, snakehead fish have been known to leave poor quality waters and survive out of water for three to four days in search of other bodies of water.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   
the introduction of foreign species into native ecosystems is a HUGE problem here in Australia.

You guys want to pray these things dont wreak the same kind of damage rabbits, foxes, carp and cane toads ( to name a few introduced pests) have caused Australia.

if this fish is anywhere near as nasty as cane toads are in their breeding cycle, then you will have a huge problem on your hands.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by �any

Originally posted by drunk

Blue Planet.

Ahh cheers thats what it was called, that was a cool programme.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
[quote by Venus
I got this mental picture of people running for their lives and small children being eaten......oh the nightmares

Haha.But I think I did dream something like that at one time or another.

That "fish" mush do something bad to the digestive track.

[Edited on 11-10-2003 by Reaper]

[Edited on 11-10-2003 by Reaper]

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I wonder how big of a fillet you could get out of that behemoth?,looks like some good eating,the musculature of the thing is massive.
Food is food,if it ain't poisonous I will eat it,even if it tastes like something that is commonly referred to as hitting fan blades.
BBBBurrrrrppp.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join