It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

walmart!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Okay, I hate wal mart. How do they employ people? I mean they have the bottom of the barrel. I can understand some people need to make a living but oh my god. I think that some of their greeters should be in a hospital. In all respect. Here is what happened to me today. I walked in and there was a greeter, she was a erm...dwarf. And it looked like she had spinobifita, she was like contorted, in a wheel chair. ATTENTION WAL MART: PEOPLE LIKE THAT REALLY SHOULDNT BE WORKING. I mean she looks up at me and I feel sorry for her. She asks me if she can get me a cart???????? She is in a freaking wheel chair, I can get a cart! What the crap!!??
Then after purchasing my items of interest I go to check out. Besides the fact that when you want to check out theres only one lane open, not like they could open another lane or anything. Then after waiting for half an hour to check out I get the star cashier. Tattooed, piercings and when i ask her to double bag she gives me the most pissed off look ever. Wow. So then she throws my bags at me............ANGER.

okay that was a good rant.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
New Wal Mart slogan.

"you get what you pay for"

I think it's fine to employ the disabled, they need to make a living, or add to whatever governament money they may be recieving...
but it sounds like she may have been placed in the wrong Area of Responsibility.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
What possible position could she be in? I felt so sorry for her. but come on they stick her in a freezing cold entrance way.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If you hate Wal-Mart, then don't shop there. It's really that simple.

Every dollar that you spend there helps keep them in business. If you don't like them, then don't support them. I don't and I'm proud that I don't. I feel that that's one little thing I can do to help make the world a better place.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I shop at wal mart for those competitive low prices, that I can afford.*flips a wink and points at the viewer* Its good, but they really should make customer service better, and they should put the dead as greeters.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I get the pleasure of actually being a Walmart employee!!!!yay!!!!

I work back in electronics, and I'm usually the only one back there. People get p'd off when someone's not there to help instantly when they want something. I'm sorry but I can only help the 8 billion people that already want something now, not to mention management always on my case to get freight out to the floor, and the one hundred phone calls that come in one after another (half of which is for toys).

And I love the later hours of my shift (usually 2-11 pm)...because I get to cover photo lab (they're closed at 9, but I can get people's pictures for them), toys, infants, stationary, and sometimes automotives...yessss!

But I have to admit it's not terrible. Most of second shift is made up of my peers. Plus the pay is awesome...NOT! haha

But really, some people get really mad at me over things I can't control. I'm sorry, but I can't make things appear and I don't know why toys doesn't have any General Lee remote control cars. I do the best I can, honest...but sometimes I do mess with people, but it's for my own twisted enjoyment.

Get over it...

[edit on 9-12-2005 by malmsteen]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
You would probably be a bit upset and throwing bags at customers if you were the only person checking people out of a long line at Wal-Mart…no??

As far as the old lady goes…Well – We all have our old and friendly Wal-Mart greeters….They get paid to smile and say hello….Put stickers on your returns and offer you a cart….

If they look like they may have a stroke before arriving back with the requested cart, then chances are the logical thing is to do exactly what you did, and get the cart yourself, like any young and capable person is far better equipped to do

Hopefully you’ll have a retirement plan and not have to worry about working after you get beyond that magical age, but some of these people need these jobs just to hang on to what little they have….If I were 70 years old and in a wheelchair and got paid to say hello to people when they came into a store, I’d be damn thankful and get them a cart if they asked for one….

At any rate - I didn’t mean to spoil your rant….I know how ya feel….hehe

posted on Dec, 27 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! I soooo hate Walmart. Yep, Hate 'em, Hate 'em, HATE 'EM!!!! (feel so much better now, thanks).
The customer service is (what's the word I'm looking for?) lacking (yeah that'll do:clown
. Prices, at least in my local Walmart Super Center, are not that much lower than in other smaller stores. Certainly there is not enough of a difference to make putting up with rude, or noneexistent help even remotely attractive. I won't even start on the quality of their fresh food stuffs, or rather the lack thereof.
Now then, where was I? Oh yeah. Hate 'em...etc...

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Count me in for my natural dislike for Walmart... stemming from my brief, six week stint with working for them, and the subsequent firing that their paperwork reason was noted as "Theft of Property"

Because I was reviewing the game kiosks for what they had on display for less than a minute. Yes, I stold time from Walmart. A whole minute.

Really, they wanted to fire me for not being a corporate shill, but the other one sounded better for them.

Fork Walmart, right in the ear.

top topics

join