It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Reporter Sues NASA Over Alleged UFO Cover Up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Leslie Kean, who is backed by the Sci Fi Channel is demanding NASA to come clean about a crash that happened 40 years ago. NASA officials claim the object was only debris from a falling Soviet satellite.
Kean has filed a law suit to force NASA to release records of what really happened.

www.azcentral.com
Reporter sues NASA, alleges UFO cover-up

PITTSBURGH - Leslie Kean wants NASA to come clean about what happened in the woods of Pennsylvania 40 years ago today.

Kean is an investigative reporter who's suing NASA with the backing of the Sci Fi Channel.

Witnesses claim a UFO landed 30 miles southeast of Pittsburgh. Kean charges NASA is trying to cover-up what happened and wants the space agency to release documents about the incident.

NASA officials say there are no documents to release and what the witnesses saw was debris from a falling Soviet satellite.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This Saturday, Kecksburg, PA. celebrates the 40 year anniversary of this UFO crash.
On December 9, 1965 many people saw a bright object moving across the sky. The object was reported to of landed in the woods near by. Witnesses say blue smoke rose up among the trees. Shortly after the crash the Army and Air Force arrived. The area around the site was cordoned off. Reporters were not allowed to get near the area where people had seen the object go down.

Related News Links:
www.cbc.ca
www.pennlive.com
www.toptechnews.com
pittsburghlive.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Town Celebrates 40 Year Old UFO Sighting.

[edit on 9/12/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be ironic, in the land where Everybody can sue Everbody else, if Disclosure came out in the same manner?

I doubt it will mind you.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The law suit was filed over two years ago for crying out load. I guess no on the AZCentral news staff even checked what they were reporting.

Researchers and witnesses who believe a UFO, or unidentified flying object, landed in the woods of western Pennsylvania 40 years ago are marking another anniversary on Friday: two years since a lawsuit was filed to get NASA to release records of what happened.
www.toptechnews.com...

Just more of our taxpayer dollars going out the window on a frivolous lawsuit.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I think it is just gaining attention now because of the anniversary. Maybe the media attention will help rally support for the case.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I take exception to this statement. To know Leslie Kean is to know any law suit brought by her would be anything but frivolous. She is an investigative journalist with the highest integrity.

You can bet she has her ducks in a row and that this suit will not just go away, nor will she be handed her hat and sent away like Greer. She is as hard hitting as they come and well organized.

I would encourage you to read what she has contributed to the study of UFOs before making such a blanket statement.

Edited to encourage readers to read what she has contributed.

[edit on 10-12-2005 by FEMA]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots

lol you consider the possible disclosure of a UFO landing to be frivolous?

[edit on 10/12/05 by subz]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I wonder if she tried to see if the Russians had any information about one of their satellites coming out of orbit that day. Might force the hand of the US Government.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
While I certainly commend Ms. Kean for standing up to the stonewalling of the federal government, I can't see how anything will come of this.

Government black projects, based on historical precedent, seem to operate well outside the bounds of the law. All we're going to see from the gov't in this situation is further denial, play-acting innocent; no lone civilian can force disclosure, even if they bring the full power of the American legal system to bear, because the government designed that system and they are more than able to tamper with or ignore it as they see fit.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
What a waste of money....time....effort.

NASA officials say there are no documents to release and what the witnesses saw was debris from a falling Soviet satellite.

I agree. Why people in Pennsylvannia cannot agree...meh?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Please don't think of this asnswer as smug or self assured, it is not. It's an answer to, "Why people in Pennsylvannia cannot agree . . . meh?"

There were reports of NASA people seen on the ground at that recovery. I suspect that this is one reason.

Also, it is interesting to note that the fire service in PA constructed a likeness of the recovered object out in front of their hall as I recall. In their incident reports there may well be corroborating evidence to the fact NASA was there. Every incident a fire department responds to must, by law, be recorded accurately. I suspect it is no different with the police.

However, getting one's hands on such records can prove difficult by times. I think Ms. Kean may have a smoking gun some place.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
From a person who admittedly doesn't follow the UFO news, I'm curious: why so much interest in this particular incident? There must be hundreds of similar incidents, why pick on this one?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
With regard to this incident, there were a good number of on-ground witnesses there before the military/government got on scene. They saw what the object was. Now this does not mean they "knew" what the object was, just that they saw it before officials arrived.

Where the real story begins is at the point where what the government's description of landed and what the people saw that landed, differs.

You can do a search on the story. Read the one written by Leslie Kean, it's a pretty even-handed report.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
the controversy comes from the simplicity...
there is no outrageous claim, that would shock the world...
simply a confirmed crash.

people saw a UFO crash, then the UFO was taken by military/NASA...

it is either what they say, and should be able to provide photos and proof
or it is a ET ufo, and is being hidden...

the consistancy of story, and the simplicity of claims, make this a no brainer proof wise...
we just want to know what it was... satelite, or ET?
40 years is far too long to keep a satelite secret yes?
so why not let the cat out of the bag... unless it isn't a cat... but a Chupacabra...

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
LazarusTheLong makes a couple sound points: " . . . we just want to know what it was... satelite, or ET? . . . 40 years is far too long to keep a satelite secret yes?"

I am compelled to agree. If it was simply a satelite, it is a significantly out-dated one by today's standards, and thus it's real function durning that time has little to do with national security now.

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Does this reporter really think that a government agency will disclose anything about something that is highly controversial such as UFOs? Why? So he can say "I told you so!"?

Almost everyone alive has seen things in the sky that defy explanation at the time they see them. Some of these things can be eventually explained.

Others can't.

So I don't see the big deal of suing any government agency for supposedly withholding information that has the potential of inciting restlessness and chaos.

Just deal with it dude and quit wasting NASA's time with bull**** suits.

[edit on 10/1/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Does this reporter really think that a government agency will disclose anything about something that is highly controversial such as UFOs? Why? So he can say "I told you so!"?

Two things. First, I suggest you read up on the case put forward by Leslie Kean. If you do, you'll soon discover that it's a she, not a he.

Just deal with it dude and quit wasting NASA's time with bull**** suits.

If the case prevails then there is no BS other than what NASA/the government tried to feed the general population.

While you may be content to be treated like a mushroom - kept in the dark and fed BS - others are not.

new topics

top topics

join