It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should spanish be taught at schools?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Well, I am going to disagree with the vast majority here, for in due time, the state governments will require Spanish or a second foreign language to be taught. In a number of states out West, in the Southwest, and in some Southern states--like Florida, etc--such is already under serious consideration.

Bear in mind, Hispanics are becoming the largest and fastest growing population in the US. Spanish is becoming more and more a required second language.

Just an inevitability folks, and it will not be the government requiring such, but state governments.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
We should require students to take a foreign language it gives them a better chance to comunicate and allows them to take a look at a culture besides their own

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It should be manditory for the simple fact that the spanish speaking people have invadid over one fith of the country.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
true, but still it should be a language of choice than one language. And I live in cali so I hope that doesn't happen our budjet is screwed as it is

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I don't think a foreign language should be required to graduate. As
an elective it would be okay. Why? Because it should be up to the parents
and students to decide whether learning another language may or may not be beneficial to them. Not left up to the state.
I took two years of French in high school (just for fun not because I was forced) and I'm leisurely learning a little Spanish on my own at this time.

Someone who resents learning Spanish is'nt going to be very fluent or know much Spanish at the end of their course. (My opinion).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join