It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible GRB could destroy half the earth......we're due.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
www.jref.com...

This is just one reason as to why perhaps ancient advances civilizations could have existed. And are now burried under the deserts and oceans. This is just one option....Some scientists say that our Sun is due for a very massive radioactive busts. we thought the 3 day blasts from around 2003 was a biggie.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Remind me that when it comes and we're all going to die, I need to find a couple of swans and take their wings, then bury myself with them behind my back. Oh and put snake scales a little here and there too.

Hopefully in the future, some surviving humans will excavate me and talk about this cool ancient race of human-alien-reptilian-angel hybrids with magical round objects that could wipe out cities, flying metal birds and strange cylinders inscribed with hieroglyphs forming "Coca Cola".

[edit on 9-12-2005 by merka]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Remind me that when it comes and we're all going to die, I need to find a couple of swans and take their wings, then bury myself with them behind my back. Oh and put snake scales a little here and there too.

Hopefully in the future, some surviving humans will excavate me and talk about this cool ancient race of human-alien-reptilian-angel hybrids with magical round objects that could wipe out cities, flying metal birds and strange cylinders inscribed with hieroglyphs forming "Coca Cola".

[edit on 9-12-2005 by merka]

Lmao, good stuff, good stuff.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I have noted that from the bible and nostradomus, a cataclysm is mentioned where people will seek shelter in mountains, and still wont be safe...

this would fit...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Thanks, I am having enough nightmares already. We will be here for a long time, and this whole planet is not due, just a few of us. Just the though of spinning through space and orbiting a star is scary enough for me.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeea
Just the though of spinning through space and orbiting a star is scary enough for me.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Interesting point from the link you provided, could this be the reason that we don't hear from a multitude of races that inhabit other star systems?

It could be that as life is getting started on a distant world, ZAP!!!, they get wiped out before they have a chance to reach a level of technology that would allow them to save their skinny grey butts from a GRB.

I think that if our planet had been inhabited by an ancient advanced civilization, some evidence would have been left behind. Every other life form on our planet has left behind some proof of their existence, be it a fossilized bone or an impression in some long hardened mud. If every human were to die off today, how much time would need to pass before every trace of our civilization would vanish??? Billions of years???

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
alot of these artifacts from these ancient advanced civilization could be burried in the deserts or deep deep in the oceans......they will find something at one point, but we may not be here for it.

The scientists in Astronomy magazine also say that the possibilities of a star close enough explodes releasing this material(GRB) is so high in probability. But our own sun on the other hand is building up something large in the future.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Now would this run parallel with that movie "Supernova" that aired not too long ago. It certainly had me thinking what I would if the sun were to send off a big enough burst to kill us. I'm already having nightmares.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Gamma Ray Burst Threat ??? I guess it's either die or dye ! Isn't that the same thing that transformed Bruce Banner into Hulk ?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
they discovered that GRBs are only found in the developing stages of the universe, the ones we detect now occured billions of years ago.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fanatic
Gamma Ray Burst, Isn't that the same thing that transformed Bruce Banner into Hulk ?

Maybe we will get some kewl powers then!! Anyone see the fantastic four? Flame on!!

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It's my personal belief that we've been put here to evolve as a species, so that one day we can get off of this putrid little rock, and go inhabit the cosmos.

However, there's an eerie silence when it comes to advancements in space exploration. If we could all just get over our own petty differences for a little while and work together for once to get off this rock, we could all have our own little places to rule as we saw fit, without having to worry about any GRBs hitting and wiping all of our species out in one fell swoop. I find it amazing that no one seems very eager to do this. I guess people are too busy controlling each others' actions to focus on the grander issues. I just hope we can get our act together as a species before the planet is wiped clean by a GRB.

GRB has an alternate meaning for me: God's Really Bent.

top topics

join