Rick has butted heads with Scientology and other organizations for quite some time and I personally think the shows got a hefty chance of both sucking
and blowing but if it gets picked up for series I think the fallout could be very interesting to watch.
Some perspective: I thought that new GIna Davis show wouldn't make it past three episodes, so what do I know.
It might not suck from day one. The question is, what do they do with the format after episode seven?
1. "Deprogrammers gone wild: The Caribbean."
2. "Deprogrammers versus The New Religous Right: Judgment Day"
3. "Deprogrammers vs. David Koresh: Up in Smoke"
4. "Deprogrammers vs. Marshal Applewhite: Knock-knock-knocking on heaven's gate."
5. "Deprogrammer vs. Satanic possession." (DP'er proves it was schizophrenia, but then there's an eerie ending with an object "from the other
side." Fade out with "Unsolved Mysteries" music over credits.)
6. "Deprogrammer vs. Alien abduction" (Turns out to have been a repressed memory of child abuse.)
7. "Deprogrammer vs. the 'Civilian Translators' at Abu Ghraib"
Edit: the only guy who could do this right would be "detective Goren" from L&O CI.
Maybe skully and Mulder's old boss.
But they'll probably get someone like Jill Hennessy to play the lead.
This content community relies on user-generated content from our member contributors. The opinions of our members are not those of site ownership who maintains strict editorial agnosticism and simply provides a collaborative venue for free expression.