It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was brought back from the dead then where is he now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Yeah...You know, those ancient historians liked to make things difficult for their people by giving credence to views, beliefs and people that never really existed but the religion says they do. Really makes you wonder how such an idiotic people as the Jews, who rather than saying this fictional Jesus character created by some rogue Jews didn't exist instead attacked him in their holy oral tradition, the Talmud and one of Israel's great historians, Josephus, went ahead and perpetuated the lie as well, in the same light as the Talmud, could possibly be controlling the world today (that sentence was riddled with sarcasm, btw)

Jospehus was born like in 70 AD after the death of Jesus. All the people that wrote about jesus were born after jesus was killed.

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tags.

[edit on 1/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   

If he died and came back to life then wouldn't he be immortal? I don't think he ever came back to life. I think if he were actually resurrected he would still be alive today. I believe he died and people just made everything up after that.

I'm assuming this has already been said in the 4 pages thus far....but you're not reading the rest of the story then....

After the Resurrection was "the Ascension", where he ascended to Heaven to join his pappy....
Or, you could go with the more mortal suggestions, that he went to Riennes in France along with Mary of Magdelene, and had children, which then became the Merovingians, yada, yada, yada.......

emf

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
1. If one takes the new testament as a historical document and assumes the events were observed then the answer to the question is were is Jesus is that "he ascended into heaven" and "He will come again to judge the living and the dead" (Apostle's Creed). Quotations of Jesus' eschatologic speak discuss that he will come again. So where is Jesus?

It was assumed (from my understanding of Catholic teaching) that his body was taken to heaven-- more likely refering to the heaven were god resides.

Now, with our modern understanding of space and the universe it could mean that Jesus is travelling through space-time.

If Jesus were travelling at a velocity close to light--relativity tells us-- for most of the past two-thousand years, he will have aged modestly. After the eschatologic trials he then can truly return to judge mankind as a man.

2. Dead people can't rise from the dead?

I am a cardiothoracic anesthesiologist so I can speak with experience:
a. the medical definition of death now refers to brain stem death; most people cannot recover from this even if they were an incarnation of god.

b. the medical definition of death may shift to included or involve discriptions of cortical death (i.e. Terri Schiavo) which most people cannot recover from.

c. You can have no blood flow, no heart beat, complete neuronal silence, and be alive: we do this frequently when repairing the aortic arch; we cool the patient to 19 degrees Celsius and turn off the heat lung machine (the patient's heart is arrested). Is this death? Most ancients would have said this is death; we now define death is a sophisticated way to not define this as death.

d. Note in the modern definition of death the core temperature must be above ?35 degrees centigrade. If a hypothermic patient enters the ER "dead" resuscitation may still proceed (using the heart-lung machine) until the patient has been rewarmed and brain stem death has been defined. What temperature was Jesus at the crucifiction? Let's think: the was a total eclipse, he was naked... Could he have been hypothermic? Definately.

e. Jesus was a holy man. He had just been in the desert 40 days. Could he have used biofeedback to be practically dead?

f. Jesus received vinegar/hysopon a sponge. Could this represent a pharmacologic intervention to be dead?

The description is possible; my faith leads me to believe it is correct.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IXRAZORXI321

If he died and came back to life then wouldn't he be immortal? I don't think he ever came back to life. I think if he were actually resurrected he would still be alive today. I believe he died and people just made everything up after that.

[edit on 2-1-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Among the living, which evidently is not here.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung

SORRY MY REPLY KEEPS GETTING STUCK IN THE AOVE QUOTE. REPLY IS BELOW....
FUNKYDUNG

maybe this will help. Jesus is not another god & not another person. he is THE person of God. He is God in flesh. Emmanuel-God with us. not the second person with us, God with us. The God that made the heavens, the earth, the sea, the dry land, clouds, grass...God almighty did that, the father of all creation.
there is no bizzar mystery in the godhead. god was manifest in the flesh. seen of angels. believed on in the world. recieved up into glory. who was? god was. which god? the only god.

well who was the holyghost? a ghost is a spirit of a departed person. that person went away....the person of jesus christ. Jesus is a person. he is the only person of the godhead. God is a spirit, jesus christ is the person of that spirit, the spirit dwelt in that body. god didnt die. the second person of the godhead didnt die. the spirit of god didnt die on the cross, the flesh of jesus christ died on the cross, spilled its blood. it was the flesh of God. Jesus is the Flesh of God. every where you read son of God in the bible, you can read flesh of God. its exactly the same. the flesh died on the cross. you dont have one god crying to another god "my god why have you forsaken me?!" thats not one god praying to another. thats one manifistation of god praying to the mighty spirit. thats the flesh, the weak man, the lonely, forsaken, despised, bruised, wounded flesh. the [man] christ jesus. crying out to the mighty spirit of god. not the will of the flesh, but the will of the spirit be done. jesus spoke both as god and as man. as God, he said, "destroy this temple and in 3 days I will raise it up." well, did he raise himself from the dead? no. the spirit raised the flesh from the dead. the spirit that dwelt in him moved out...the flesh died...thats what forsook the body, or the body could have never died. moved right back in 3 days later and the body lived...god cant die!

what did god do? he took on a form of man. it was god in man. thats who jesus is. jesus is god!....in man.

FUNK

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
In a way, I wish we could all just be good and please God and be His children but we can't. Mankind rebelled against his Creator and the payment for it was his own suicide (death). God didn't kill man, God said, "Eat what you will but not from this tree..." But no, Adam and Eve wanted to "know" everything and so they rejected God for knowledge. They were killed by their own actions.

To redeem mankind from death, it took Jesus to die in our place for our rebellion. Not being stained with Adam,s sin Jesus offered Himself to be punished for us all. Now God will only redeem those who have rejected the evil of the world under Satanic rule and have accepted Christ under the obedience to God. The choice is so simple it's hard because many have reasoned out their own way to God but will never arrive where they wish to be, no matter how good they are. It is by Christ alone that one is right with God.

Fromabove

sorry, i dont accept christ as my saviour...but i am right with god..infact i am very in touch with god.......maybe one day everyone will realise we need to take responsibility for ourselves ,and then they will all realise the flaw in thinking that someone else will do the saving for us......yes the story of jesus in the bible along with alot of the other storys are great...you can learn alot about how you should act from these storys.......
yes the ideals that the writers of these storys convayed was great infact if you strive to be like jesus then yes you will redeem yourself in gods eyes....
the one problem here is there is no redemption we are born into a materialistic world where we want for material things......god wants us to learn from this world like children in school and expects us to keep going until we have reached perfection.....until we are perfect enough to join god in its energy......this i believe is a long journee with many beginings and endings.....we are not here to redeem ourselves we are here to prove ourselves..........

have you ever noticed how the story of jesus pushes us farther from god??

could this be the great conspiracy we are all looking for???

posted on Jan, 9 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Flame resistant suit set at max

If he could return to his royal body, he might as well leave it at will too.

As to letting die his body at will, and return or remove to the other form of His existence. As to come back into another form might be, now..? who tells, who hast spoken?

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Where is he now?

Well, first off if he is God, then it is safe to assume he is smart.

And, if he is smart .. . . . . .

He probably wouldn't be here.

(not always true, just one perspective)

posted on Jan, 10 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoSteve85

Originally posted by junglejake
Yeah...You know, those ancient historians liked to make things difficult for their people by giving credence to views, beliefs and people that never really existed but the religion says they do. Really makes you wonder how such an idiotic people as the Jews, who rather than saying this fictional Jesus character created by some rogue Jews didn't exist instead attacked him in their holy oral tradition, the Talmud and one of Israel's great historians, Josephus, went ahead and perpetuated the lie as well, in the same light as the Talmud, could possibly be controlling the world today (that sentence was riddled with sarcasm, btw)

Jospehus was born like in 70 AD after the death of Jesus. All the people that wrote about jesus were born after jesus was killed.

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tags.

[edit on 1/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

I thought Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Timothy, and a few others were Apostles and knew Jesus personally. Am I wrong?

I love it when this stuff comes up. So many readily acknowledge the feats of, and recite the quotes of such people as Plato, Aristotle, Socrates, Alexander The Great, Any of the Ceasars, Any of the Pharoahs, and of course, Confucius. I could go on with a list as long as my arm of people who came and went with no more than a statue to prove they existed.

And yet people argue Jesus never existed.

Huh?

[edit on 10-1-2006 by Toelint]

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
There is far far more evidence for people like caesar and the pharohs than jesus. I'd say, overall, there is decent evidence that jesus existed, which is pretty good, because there usually isn't any evidence that any one regular person existed (no slam by that, consdering this outside of any religious context).

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I agree. Most people today look at Jesus as this incredibly influential individual in his time because His actions impact the world in such a large way today. Granted, He was incredibly influential, most historians saw Christianity as just another cult of the day, and Jesus was just a carpenter. A historian at the time, before Christianity really started to take hold in Rome, wouldn't think that a carpenter turned Rabbi all that important to the times. The very fact that anything is written about this carpenter who became a Rabbi for 3 and a half years before being executed for what He preached is a very good indication that something happened around this Jesus character.

posted on Jan, 11 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

according to the bible, he died, was resurrected, and ascended into heaven..

Thats convienent. So he just turned into dust and blew away then. The messiah and savior of earth just floats away to heaven. How do people believe in this stuff? Where is the proof?:
Are you so brainwashed that you can't see that this makes no sense?
If a man showed up today and did the things you claim Jesus did he would be laughed at and debunked by everyone. Would you give a modern man such blind faith without any PROOF? Would you believe the written word of 10 people in a small town if they said they saw xxxxxx perform miracles? Why do you believe the written word of 2000 year old dead men with no PROOF?

First off, don't confuse Resurrection with immortality, and more importantly, don't confuse Resurrection with a simple reanimation of dead tissure. The house where Jesus reappeared to his Apostles was said to be quite small, and the assemblage blocked the only door. Appearently when Jesus entered, he simply appeared from nowhere. The Bible also says Jesus stuck around for about forty days, (maybe to tie up some loose ends.) and then he ascended to Heaven. It sounds to me like Resurrection is a very different state of existance.

One big problem with your statement is this: if someone came to Washington D.C. and began raising dead people at a local mortuary, BET ME, he get a lot of press!! (and DON'T say there'd be no proof.) Do you honestly think this guy would get heckled?? But let's take it a step further and say THIS guy gets arrested, tried, and for some ungodly reason, gets sentenced to Death...the sentence is carried out...and THEN he comes back!

Are you saying YOU wouldn't sit and talk with someone like this?

Originally posted by Nygdan
There is far far more evidence for people like caesar and the pharohs than jesus. I'd say, overall, there is decent evidence that jesus existed, which is pretty good, because there usually isn't any evidence that any one regular person existed (no slam by that, considering this outside of any religious context).
]

Of course, I agree. My point is there are plenty who accept the existance of, for example, Plato, who is written about by himself, plus Socrates and Aristotle. (The three tend to mention each other frequently in their writings.)

And yet there are Twenty-Seven books written about the history and teachings of Jesus, by those who knew him first hand.

Doesn't that mean I should put more credibility in the existance of Jesus than Plato?

[edit on 11-1-2006 by Toelint]

[edit on 11-1-2006 by Toelint]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join