It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was brought back from the dead then where is he now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IXRAZORXI321
If Jesus was brought back from the dead then where is he now?

If he died and came back to life then wouldn't he be immortal? I don't think he ever came back to life. I think if he were actually resurrected he would still be alive today. I believe he died and people just made everything up after that.

He's in the Astral world. I'm 100% sure of that. If you want to know why I'm 100% sure, there's a thread in RATS.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

Originally posted by Al Davison
Another interesting theory that a few folks have bandied about for years is that he was removed from the cross (another controversial term but, it will do for here) before he actually expired.

thats why the roman guards stuck a spear in his side: to be sure he was dead.

Contrary to popular lore, the "spear in the side" thing was not likely ever used as a "killing stroke" to make sure the victim was dead - it was a poke to see if there was any response from the victim. It makes no sense for a crucifixion to end with a spear thrust that would kill - the whole idea of crucifixion was slow, slow, agonizing death with as much pain as possible and, in the vast majority of these executions, the victims were left to rot on the killing tree. It was not unheard of to have a body removed but it was, reportedly, quite rare. After all, crucifixion was also meant to humiliate and defile the body as a warning to the rest of the citizens.

As an aside, it was virtually never used as a punishment for mere theivery - the more closely you look at this event, in the way it is reported in the Gospels, the less likely it is that this is an accurate report. Too many things about it just make no sense...like a rich man, Joseph of Aramathea building a new family tomb in a city in which neither he nor any of his family every lived. Explain that one if you can...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
i always thought the ark of the convent contained the 2 tablets god made for moses??

In the OT days that were shadows of the coming reality, yes. But that was just the representation, not the final objective.

Remember, the OT is the 'shadow' and the NT is the 'substance.' The 'shadow' is the instruction through material situations and examples--figurative demonstration of the true reality--the 'substance'--which is of a completely non-material character. Totally undetectable through our 5 senses yet nevertheless much more real than what we can see, taste, touch, hear, or smell.

Physical circumcision became circumcision of the heart, the spirit.
The temple built of stone became the living human temple.
The holy of holies became the human mind.

And the stone tablets became 'a heart of flesh.'

2 Corinthians 3:3
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Jeremiah 31:33
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ezekiel 36:25-27
Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Joel 2:27-29
Ezekiel 11:19-20
Jeremiah 4:4, 9:26, 24:7
Romans 2:14-15
Hebrews chapter 8 and 10

[edit on 12/12/2005 by queenannie38]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

He's in the Astral world. I'm 100% sure of that. If you want to know why I'm 100% sure, there's a thread in RATS.

Here it is, for those who have RATS access:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Here it is, for those who have RATS access:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why not put it in the paranormal forum?

You'd probably get a lot more replies that way. Unless you don't want to share your experience with everyone

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I didn't want it appearing in google.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I didn't want it appearing in google.

Neither do I, cheers for that - I'm actually terrified of scrutiny, but I've subjected myself to it for my whole life to please others.

I got the 'message.'

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
the roman soldiers did not leave until sun down because they didnt want jesus's followers to remove him..before they left they stuck the spear in his side to make shure he was dead.........also in crucifixtion you dont die from the wounds you die from the positioning of the body and how this reacts with your heart and lungs...proven fact ...

i love how everyone can take the bible and make there own assumption and twist phrases around to make them fit there own assumption.....
oh yea ...and i think god in all his glory would see the flaw in sending himself to earth to be sacrificed.......i mean lets stop and think....ok breath.....if god is powerful enough to embody himself into human form then what is the loss in his death????? as he rely doesnt die........in deuteronomy he proclaims the coming of the prophet christ ..but then claims that a presumtious prophet shall die......so was the presumptious prophet jesus ??? has the messiah actually not come as the hebrews of that day believe???? i mean remember it is a hebrew story adapted by the romans and then forced apon the world................i mean lets not get it twisted around, jesus died on the cross cuz he pissed off the romans trying to help his fellow hebrews..........

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If you believe Jesus is in your heart and mind. With that his word and presence can be very powerful as we have the ability to reach our people and loved ones to spread the word of goodness and peace. Since his conception he has spread globally and I am sure his word and love will grow even greater in the future.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Rising up from the dead, is not possible. When Jesus comes back, it will be thru a new life, as in His new existance will be Him coming back from a past life.

Do you know that re-incarnation & past lives are one & the same? Just a different view point, & different relgious control mechanisms that have them seperated.

Events like Lazarus being brought back, were more than likely, the fact the Lazarus was poisoned, not that he was in fact, dead. Think about it for a moment, in the "Voodoo" religion, they use the puffer fish with it's deadly toxins, to reduce the persons heartrate & other vital signs, to make them appear dead.

Then, because of the susperstition of the ignorant masses, the person appears to have been brought back as a zombie. This is also done by conditioning the person a. of time, that will be the "deceased" & telling them when they come back, that they're only back from the dead to serve the voodoo conjurers every wish. He is not in control physically, of the zombie, but mentally, by manipulating that person into thinking their lucky to be back "from the dead".

[edit on 13-12-2005 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Rising up from the dead, is not possible. When Jesus comes back, it will be thru a new life, as in His new existance will be Him coming back from a past life.

Do you know that re-incarnation & past lives are one & the same? Just a different view point, & different relgious control mechanisms that have them seperated.

Events like Lazarus being brought back, were more than likely, the fact the Lazarus was poisoned, not that he was in fact, dead. Think about it for a moment, in the "Voodoo" religion, they use the puffer fish with it's deadly toxins, to reduce the persons heartrate & other vital signs, to make them appear dead.

One of my best friends has a dad called Leonidas.

When I was in Primary school, his twin sons were there - they are not identical. They helped me reach enlightenment but they don't realise it yet because they have yet to share my joy. Our school was a Greek school in London, we have grown old together. Our school was split into four houses or 'teams' I was a Spartan and so was one of the twins.

The other twin was a Thessalonian.

In secondary school (same school, same place) I continued to grow to love these two, I've got pictures of them. They are not a parable or hyperbole, but for some reason I can't stop speaking like this.

The 'teams' changed but our small school remained the same. It's always been a community of privileged people, rich in money but not always in understanding. My dad struggled to put me through it, it cost him a lot of time and effort but he managed. We could probably have coped with less, but we got anything we asked for in 'love.'

The twin I had been a Spartan with became an Ionian and the other twin joined them I felt separated from both of them, what was separating me when they had always been my friends?

Answers: On a postcard.

I'll let them know when they are ready to hear me, they haven't seen me in a long time - I've been eating M&M's and cleaning out my closet.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
its obvious you dont believe scripture, which is your right...its a free country
by snafu7700

Scripture is nothing more than edited hearsay. It is not in anyway a reliable source of information.

i'm just pointing out that your assumptions are baseless because they are based on flawed data...probably due to a lack of research on your part. its pretty ignorant to post theories about scriptures which, by your posts, its obvious you havent even read. by snafu7700

I've read them. They read like fairy tales most of which the authors admit were seen in visions or in dreams.

its called "faith." there have been many different situations in my life in which i feel that god intervened on my behalf. you dont have to believe, but to bash others for their belief, especially when you have shown that you have no real knowledge about that belief by snafu7700

Your so fool of it. The gods never intervened in anything for you. They can't. If they had any power to do such things they would not let children be harmed. Do you think any god would bother to help an adult when so many children are dying and being hurt. YOUR LIVING IN A FANTASY WORLD.

[edit on 13-12-2005 by IXRAZORXI321]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm hoping this has already been stated, but just in case:

Luke 24:50-53:

50When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them. 51While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven. 52Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy. 53And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.

Mark 16:19-20:

19After the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, he was taken up into heaven and he sat at the right hand of God. 20Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed his word by the signs that accompanied it.

Hope that helps, comes straight from the source

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by plague
the roman soldiers did not leave until sun down because they didnt want jesus's followers to remove him..before they left they stuck the spear in his side to make shure he was dead.........also in crucifixtion you dont die from the wounds you die from the positioning of the body and how this reacts with your heart and lungs...proven fact ...

Well, since you wanted to continue...

It was not uncommon for victims of crucifixion to live for a couple of days - one of the reasons that the Gospel account is suspicious and, perhaps, an intentional clue left by John so that the followers of Jesus would understand that He didn't actually die.

When the Romans wished to hasten the death of a crucified person, they broke the victim's legs so that death, as you correctly pointed out, by suffocation would occur more rapidly.

The point is that if a swift and sure death was desired, crucifixion was not the method chosen. If crucifixion were ordered, death was not delivered by spear thrust - even if it was "Miller Time" for the Roman soldiers. Also, the punishment for removing a body from the killing tree was death and very few would risk that for someone who was already dead.

So, another interesting question: why was the request for Roman guards at the tomb made or granted? If the Romans wanted to be sure that the followers of Jesus wouldn't do something with His body, they had a little thing they called "draw and quarter" that would have taken care of this problem quite nicely.

OK, I admit that I was not there. Of course, neither were any of you and neither were any of the authors of the Gospels. I hold that it is possible, although extremely unlikely, that the crucifixion story is accurate. However, in spite of the deeply held beliefs of so many (whom I do not wish to offend), it is much more likely that "something else" happened. Historians and archaeologists are still studying as to what that other "something" could have been. I think it's really interesting!

If I were forced to come down on one side or the other, I'd have to hold that John's account was full of subtle hints that Jesus survived the attempt at His execution and spent 3 days recovering in the tomb and then snuck away in disguise. Many of the old Christian sects believed this. They would have denounced you as a heretic if you suggested that their Saviour actually died on a cross - that was considered blasphemy until the rise of Paulinism.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Scripture is nothing more than edited hearsay. It is not in anyway a reliable source of information.

really? why is it then that many things found in scripture have been proven with modern archeology? such as the bath where jesus cured the blind man, thought to be fiction, recently found to be an actual place.

siloam pool found

just one example of many.

I've read them.

really? is that why you didnt know anything about jesus's ascension? or why you said that he turned into dust and blew away? yup, you really know your scripture, dont you?

as i said before, to attack a religion based on documents that you havent even read is pure and total ignorance. oh, and by the way, knowingly making false statements is grounds for banning on this web site. just a friendly reminder.

They read like fairy tales most of which the authors admit were seen in visions or in dreams.

so? every religion known to man has visions or dreams within its texts. they all believe them to be devine inspiration of god. what exactly is your point here?

Your so fool of it. The gods never intervened in anything for you.

like i said, you dont have to believe me. the point is, i believe, and that is enough. the fact that you are so aggresively attacking my belief with little or know knowledge of said belief just shows how ignorant you really are.

if you want to debate me on the pros and cons of christianity, then maybe you should read up on it some first. i have no problem debating, but i refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
IXRA.......
god not intervening on behalf of some people dieing maybe because to do so would be to interfere with soemone elses freewill...........we are all born with freewill.....yes often from time to time people will try and sometimes succscede with taking it from you , but god will never take this gift back from you no matter how bad your intentions are..............as far as god intervening with someone one on one and saving there lives......not a probablem in him doing that aslong as it does not directly effect someone else as it isyour will for him to do so.......in the process of creation something else was created .......karma......yes we have freewill but we also have the reward/punishment system known as karma....... you either believe that when you die thats it...like a robot we just shut down ....or you believe we all have a soul......to believe we have a soul then is to reliaze we are something greater then the I ....we are all part of a bigger thing..like a team....you know there is no i in team........this life is just a cycle of materialism.......therefore you can kill a body but not a soul.....therefor when you are killed in reality you have lost nothing.....now if god interfered in someione trying to kill someone else then this is a direct effecting of freewill.....instead god lets karma take care of it, and yes karma is a direct effect on the soul.........

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

like i said, you dont have to believe me. the point is, i believe, and that is enough. the fact that you are so aggresively attacking my belief with little or know knowledge of said belief just shows how ignorant you really are.

if you want to debate me on the pros and cons of christianity, then maybe you should read up on it some first. i have no problem debating, but i refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

i have no problem debating, but i refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

There is no debate. You have 0 proof to show there is a god or that jesus was resurrected Therefore everything written after that is irrelevant make believe propaganda and there is no reason to study it.

Again I ask you for proof. I can give you mine.

If any god or jesus gave a flip about us they would not let children be harmed. Freewill is irrelevant. Any being that can supposedly part the red seas could stop a child molester or a murderer. That is 100% undeniable proof.

You can pray for 10 days strait but if a murder decides to kill your kids tonight then your god will let it happen. Explain to me why you think he will apparently help you with trivial daily things but not protect your kids from death?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Let's stay on topic:

Conspiracies in Religions » If Jesus was brought back from the dead then where is he now?

And refrain from any personal comments about members:

Lest we forget, I'm armed with poo...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Time to close this thread as it is going nowhere.

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow my self to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows . For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people." –Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

“We were convinced that the people needs and requires this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.” -Adolf Hitler, in a speech in Berlin on 24 Oct. 1933 [This statement clearly refutes modern Christians who claim Hitler as favoring atheism. Hitler wanted to form a society in which ALL people worshipped Jesus and considered any questioning of such to be heresy. The Holocaust was like a modern inquisition, killing all who did not accept Jesus. Though more Jews were killed then any other it should be noted that MANY ARYAN pagans and atheists were murdered for their non-belief in Christ.

www.evilbible.com...

I could go on but I will give you time to research these things yourself mr snafu. Maybe then we can have an intelligent debate.

Mod Edit: Added Quote Tags And Link.

Please note: The Staff of ATS, and only the Staff will determine when a thread will be closed.

[edit on 14/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Time to close this thread as it is going nowhere.

A Moderator just told us to stay on topic, and yet you cut and pasted an already linked to article, did not add your own opinion about it, and worst of all is not in the least bit related to this topic.

Please do not intentionally close this thread because you do not wish to discuss the topic at hand. If you wish to discuss whether or not Hitler was Catholic please do that at one of the many threads discussing that subject.

Thank you,
Akashic

[edit on 14/12/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join