It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Jesus was brought back from the dead then where is he now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

If he died and came back to life then wouldn't he be immortal? I don't think he ever came back to life. I think if he were actually resurrected he would still be alive today. I believe he died and people just made everything up after that.

Flame resistant suit set at max

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Are you saying that its a conspiracy? Please elaborate on the conspiracy angle.
The story is that he was physically restored, bodily showed up to his disciples, and then physically rose into the sky, which is where heaven literally is supposed to be, and that he is in heaven, physically.

Thats the story anyway.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Actually, a person can "die" and return from the dead per se especially when you consider the medical knowledge of that age.
All the way up until recent times there have been documented cases where somone was pronounced dead, even being entombed / buried who "returned to life".
In most cases, it is beleived that such people had gone into a catatonic state or even a deep coma which would have slowed the heartrate and respiration (note here, all the way up until the 19 century, the standard way of "proving someone was breathing was to either put your ear nect to the chest or holding up a mirror to the victim's mouth.
These people go on to live "normal lives" and die of aging.
Even today, people make the mistake of declaring someone dead only to find out that the person is still alive

Detroit man declared dead by EMS is still alive

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Another interesting theory that a few folks have bandied about for years is that he was removed from the cross (another controversial term but, it will do for here) before he actually expired. Then, he recovered from his injuries - first in the tomb of Joseph of Aramethea (sp?) and was then smuggled away. The theory holds that this was all very well planned and the motive was multi-purposed.

Yet another theory holds that someone else was substituted for the actual crucifixion.

Both theories are interesting but I don't claim to subscribe to either. I've written a little bit more about this in other threads - the "Shroud of Turin" thread and the "Theory of the Faked Crucifixion" thread in this forum. I don't want to cross-post so, check those out if you're interested.

BTW - Both are most definitely conspiracy theories of the highest magnitude. Both are also highly emotionally charged since the idea that there was no death of Jesus on the cross and therefore no resurrection is quite offensive to many Christians.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
what if this had been jesus s plan the whole time .........tired of the roman rule and tired of how the hebrews had strayed so far from the prophet moses teaching....seeing that the only way to make a change would be to start a revelution....what better way to start a revelution then to go amongst the people preach the old gospel and the teachings of moses, go into the temple confront the holy men and the roman reps start a huge scene...proclaim not only to be the son of god but god himself.....knowing this would piss of the romans ultimitly leading to his death......he then plans to have one of his followers turn him in..because it would be to suspect to turn himself in.....then plans to have his followers place him in the tomb then come back to get his body.....then tells them to tell of how they have seen him and how he is resurected.......ultimately sparking a revelution and a revolt toward the romans and a grass root movement back to the jewish teachings........and yes in the begining of the new test. he claims not to want to destroy the prophets that came before him but to honor there teachings......when he preached he paraphrased the meanings to fit the situation.......making his teachings easier to grasp then they had been when handed down to moses.........

im not claiming that i believe this as fact but hey who knows could have happend...............and by the way before people start saying that im saying he was not the messiah or christ.........im not this actually would make him one in the fact that he went so far as to be put to death for his beliefs and his fellow brethern.....

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IXRAZORXI321

In the ark of the covenant, and the ark is in you.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
i always thought the ark of the convent contained the 2 tablets god made for moses??

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think it is the biggest fraud in the history of mankind. In 2000 years they will say elvis and jesus walked on water together in blue suede shoes. None of us will be there to disspute it. Thats the problem. Noone can prove any of it.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I think it is the biggest fraud in the history of mankind. In 2000 years they will say elvis and jesus walked on water together in blue suede shoes. None of us will be there to disspute it. Thats the problem. Noone can prove any of it.

Can you prove that he didn't live? no you can't can you prove that he didn't resurect? no you can't, because more evidence points to his resurrection, at least we don't have any location of his tomb for the moment.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Al Davison
Another interesting theory that a few folks have bandied about for years is that he was removed from the cross (another controversial term but, it will do for here) before he actually expired.

thats why the roman guards stuck a spear in his side: to be sure he was dead.

Thats the problem. Noone can prove any of it.

nor can they prove darwin's theory correct, or the big bang theory for that matter, but those things are taught as fact by the powers that be.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Can you prove that he didn't live? no you can't can you prove that he didn't resurect? no you can't, because more evidence points to his resurrection, at least we don't have any location of his tomb for the moment.

Can you prove that he did? What evidence proves that he was resurrected?

History shows us that there were many who clamied to be the Messiah, the Jewish people had been expecting him for quite some time, they believed he would get them out from underneath the Romans iron rule.

The reason that the story of Jesus made it into the history books ( The Bible) is becasue he happened to be at the right place and time, his story above all the other "messiahs" has stood the test of time to come down to us today. That didn't make him devine, it just meant that he had great PR people.

D

[edit on 12/12/2005 by apocalypta]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

nor can they prove darwin's theory correct, or the big bang theory for that matter, but those things are taught as fact by the powers that be.

The Proof for evolution is a heck of a lot more convincing then the proof that "god came to earth via virgin birth, committed great miracles, and was brought back from the dead before he flew to heaven on a cloud"

D

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
There is proof that I'm right. Read the title of this topic. If jesus were actully resurrected then he would still be alive today. He's not here so thats proof the whole thing is a fraud.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

There is proof that I'm right. Read the title of this topic. If jesus were actully resurrected then he would still be alive today. He's not here so thats proof the whole thing is a fraud.

i guess youre not actually reading other people's posts. according to the bible, he died, was resurrected, and ascended into heaven. so of course, he's not still on the earth.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

He's not here so thats proof the whole thing is a fraud.

How do you know that Christ is not alive on this earth at this time?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

according to the bible, he died, was resurrected, and ascended into heaven..

Thats convienent. So he just turned into dust and blew away then. The messiah and savior of earth just floats away to heaven. How do people believe in this stuff? Where is the proof?:
Are you so brainwashed that you can't see that this makes no sense?
If a man showed up today and did the things you claim Jesus did he would be laughed at and debunked by everyone. Would you give a modern man such blind faith without any PROOF? Would you believe the written word of 10 people in a small town if they said they saw xxxxxx perform miracles? Why do you believe the written word of 2000 year old dead men with no PROOF?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Why do you believe the written word of 2000 year old dead men with no PROOF?

I don't believe it !

Hopefully the human race will a grow out of the need for a supernatural explanation for natural events.

D

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I think he has a morning talk show on ABC.

Well, I would say if he existed, he's probably dead, burried somewhere in the vatican and hidden away so that nobody would ever see his remains and question the story of the book.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Thats convienent. So he just turned into dust and blew away then.

its obvious you dont believe scripture, which is your right...its a free country (assuming you live in a free country). i'm just pointing out that your assumptions are baseless because they are based on flawed data...probably due to a lack of research on your part. its pretty ignorant to post theories about scriptures which, by your posts, its obvious you havent even read.

Why do you believe the written word of 2000 year old dead men with no PROOF?

its called "faith." there have been many different situations in my life in which i feel that god intervened on my behalf. you dont have to believe, but to bash others for their belief, especially when you have shown that you have no real knowledge about that belief, is ignorance to the extreme.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by snafu7700]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
.... Let me take a shot....

If anyone follows my posts then they know that my relgious post draw directly from Catholic doctrine and not "I think" or my wn personal claims. This is no different.

To understand what you are asking you must uderstand the fact that Christ is the Redeemer. He is the Son of the Father who is Loved by the holy spirit who together the three share the infinite omni--- NATURE of God. This is the mystrey of the trinity explained as breifly as possible.... But for the record Christ's mission was to be the attonment for the broken bod crated betwween God and man witht he first sin. This is why we call him Christ the Reedemer. Now God could ahve forgien us just by writing it off and saying its Ok but a perfet acto of love was to be made. God was to become man and have perfect humanity, and a perfect act of love, a scarifice, was to be made.

God becomes man posessing both Human Natureand Devne nature. This is a highly important fact. For this means that the sacrifice was wholy human offered up for humanity. Now lets look at this idea of sacrifice. Christ's death was a sacrifice for the redempthion of our sins. Christ being God had infinite actions... each action he did had infinite effects. (think reasonably) So christs acto fo sacrifice had Infinate effects for the fogrivness of sins. This is why we say "For the Forgivness of sins forever and ever" (Hrmm something in mass makes sense!) Now lets look at the Hebrew people.

GOing back in tbe bible and relgious history we look at sacrifices... A sacrifice was the center of the relgious rituals. It was a cullimination of the beliefs and it was soemthing to put you in direct union with God. Now in the bible when a sacrifice is made it can be excepted or rejected. There are times in the bible when God shows His approval for the sacrifices of man and there are indeed times whe he shows his dissaproval. Go look at cain and able in Genisis. Now Christ's death was the perfect sacrifice for humanity. Christ body was killed but a soul, a spirit, can not die. Death is merely when the sould and body are seperated. So God was not dead ( remember christ is par tof the devine nature AKA God). Now in order for us to know that this sacrifice was to be excepted we must know from God. This is the SUPREEME SACRIFICE and God shows his exceptance in the most Public of manners he restors the body to life and in doing so he give a visible sign of his supreem exceptance of the sacrifice. And through the accension into heavn God shows that it is fully excepted and brought back to God.
In the accnesion Christ is reuinited with the Father and the Holy spirit. so thats where Christ is. He has been raised. To be "seated at the right had of the Father."
through christs death passion and resurection the sacrifice is complete and the order broken by the "sin of Adam" is restored....

Thanks for your time..

Mizar - Clearing up Catholisim....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join