Alien live on Europa

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Europa is just a nice cool bath for the aliens after they get done mining phobos and deimos. You don't want smelly aliens now do ya? After a bath, they retire to the center of the Earth.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CiderGood_HeadacheBad

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
You are stuck with some others in the idea that life has to evolve or has to obey the same principals as it does on our planet. Life is harder to beat than some people think. Life will adept to the surcomstances which it is in. And light is not a pre for life for example life at the bottom off the ocean it is covert in complete darkness stil there is life. Why because they have adept.

Fair enough, life can adapt to it's surroundings, but I think conditions on Europa are too harsh. I'd be very surprised if NASA found anything more than single cells.

Life, even here on earth, does survive under very harsh conditions and even without any sunlight.

www.arctic.noaa.gov...

www.olemiss.edu...

April 13, 2001 -- Dr. Cindy Van Dover maneuvers her robotic craft closer to the strange, rocky landscape below. It's totally dark, except for lonely circles of light where she points her flood lamps. Back on the mother ship her monitor reveals tall, thin towers of craggy rock billowing black smoke from their peaks. Very strange!

All around the towers stand dozens of red-and-white, tube-like organisms. These bizarre, 3-foot-long, wormish creatures have no mouth, no intestines, and no eyes. Stranger still, they derive their energy from the planet itself, not from the light of the nearby star -- a feat most biologists didn't believe possible until these creatures were found

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well I'd expect, like Gaz said, there to some single-celled organism, or at least maybe proteins.

" Its Tony Blair and his labour party "

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BellyBurner

BB,
yea, i have an OBE friens who told me yesterday that he has been there OBE... he says the place is lovely and crawling with ET ... not good bad or indifferent. must be a great spot for R and R for the ET.. he says that there are records of all people on earth their souls and their past and present lives etc...
yea they are there.. and no they are not there to watch us... they do NOT want to come here to this planet.. this planet is used for the prison for the dirt bags of the galaxy at least.. maybe even for the entire universe... we have beenshotting at them big time the past 30 years or so.. and they are scared #tless of us... ok? this planet is not somewhere they want to come to.... they are scared of us.. we are psycho... hell yes we are... gangs, drugs, wars etcetc.. they don't do this... they are peacefull types...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
ps to last post sorry..
my obe friend says that the 'gray' aliens are his friends and he learns and is helped by them.... anyway, my friend says that the grays are tasked with the job of being basically jailers or prison guards for all those misfitts or those demanded to be inprisioned. The inmates are right here on this nice earth.....this crazy pscho planet that the aliens are scared to come to...
btw.. friend told me that negroes are a product of the "Big Foot" and have that dna in them... Big Foot by the way he says are all over this planet. what are their duties? they are here to devour the 'energy' from dead evil aliens... that is good for humans cause big foot helps get rid of evil dead alien spirits and their energy...
don't worry, be happy..... ladeda.... Jamaca......

[edit on 03/13/2007 by guadalupejoe]

[edit on 03/13/2007 by guadalupejoe]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower
Alien Raceway

Well I'd expect, like Gaz said, there to some single-celled organism, or at least maybe proteins.

Proteins don't occour naturally, amino acids do though. The former needs to be synthesized by cells.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by John Nada

Well, I can say that if life were found in space that my religious views wouldn't change much. Rather, they would be supported and strengthened because then we could assume that there are others out there, and they have their own histories as well. What would be interesting there is to find out what their respective histories were, and if they had a creationism story. If so, how close would it be to our own?

TheBorg

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroDeep

true sikhism is a spirituality and not a religion I think....Im brought up in a sikh family but do nothing religious so cant really call myself a sikh...I hate it when you get the so called sikhs claiming they are sikh but do nothing that has sikh principles.....we lost what we are about a long time ago....

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by guadalupejoe
btw.. friend told me that negroes are a product of the "Big Foot" and have that dna in them... Big Foot by the way he says are all over this planet. what are their duties? they are here to devour the 'energy' from dead evil aliens... that is good for humans cause big foot helps get rid of evil dead alien spirits and their energy...

Do you actually believe your friend regarding the above? What the heck, of course this is the reality of our world.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
btw has anyone seen Zeitgeist, the part about religion and Christ. It seems Jesus never existed and the christianism was just a copy of the sumerian tradition and the egyptian cult to the Sun. In other words Christianism and The Vatican are a farse.

As for Europa as there is some form of water there, its logical that it can sustain some forms of life, maybe algae, fish, etc.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Can't we leave the religion out of it for once? For people who don't believe in God, some of you people sure can be obsessed with him.
Besides, you're just denying a possibility. How can anyone be 100% certain that God does or does not exist? No one can be sure.

Anyway, I think maybe there are some microbes on Europa. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if most planets/planetoids/moons that have water also have microbes of some sort somewhere. Just my opinion though.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I love Europa, it is probably the biggest candidate for life elsewhere in the solar system.(I mean apart from the intelligent guys flying around in UFOs)
The cracks in the surface of the ice, which are thought to contain some liquid water are a slightly reddish . This has a very high chance of being bacteria. Also the tidal forces of Jupiter are so strong that it "massages" the centre of the moon which means it is very likely to have some kind of internal heating. This could lead to complex life in the same way that life can exist on the ocean floor of the Earth without sunlight.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Europa is a great candidate for life in our solar system and is worth looking into. Under the ice are great conditions for complex organic molecules to form, plus the thoughts on stability insist that this moon could support complex life forms. I don't think it is an alien outpost. It is however a great candidate for life.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
btw has anyone seen Zeitgeist, the part about religion and Christ. It seems Jesus never existed and the christianism was just a copy of the sumerian tradition and the egyptian cult to the Sun. In other words Christianism and The Vatican are a farse.

As for Europa as there is some form of water there, its logical that it can sustain some forms of life, maybe algae, fish, etc.

I have a feeling your second statement is just so you could get the first one out there. This is a conversation on Europa not a religious conversation. There is another forum for that!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
We will know more about Europa relatively soon (some question marks in the title would have been much appreciated, in my humble opinion)

NASA and ESA Prioritize Outer Planet Missions

Artist concept of proposed missions to the Jupiter system (left) and the Saturn system (right).
Image credit: NASA/JPL

February 18, 2009

At a meeting in Washington last week, National Aeronautics and Space Administration and European Space Agency officials decided to continue pursuing studies of a mission to Jupiter and its four largest moons, and to plan for another potential mission to visit Saturn's largest moon Titan and Enceladus.
Both of these proposed missions are grand endeavors that set the stage for future planetary science research. These outer planet flagship missions could eventually answer questions about how our solar system formed and whether life exists elsewhere in the universe.
The missions, called the Europa Jupiter System Mission and the Titan Saturn System Mission, are the result of NASA and ESA merging their separate mission concepts. NASA originally studied four mission concepts during 2007, which were narrowed down to two proposals in 2008. One finalist was a Europa Orbiter to explore that icy moon of Jupiter and its subsurface water ocean. The other was a Titan Orbiter to visit the Saturn moon.
Independently, in 2007, ESA also initiated a competition to select its flagship mission for the Cosmic Vision 2015-2025 slot of the ESA scientific programme. Two finalists, called Laplace and Tandem, were selected by ESA for further study. Laplace was a set of spacecraft to orbit Jupiter and eventually orbit and land on Europa. Tandem was a set of spacecraft intended to orbit Titan and explore its surface, after also exploring the surface of Saturn's moon Enceladus.

The Europa Jupiter System Mission would use two robotic orbiters to conduct unprecedentedly detailed studies of the giant gaseous planet Jupiter and its moons Io, Europa, Ganymede and Callisto. NASA would build one orbiter, initially named Jupiter Europa. ESA would build the other orbiter, initially named Jupiter Ganymede. The probes would launch in 2020 on two separate launch vehicles from different launch sites. The orbiters would reach the Jupiter system in 2026 and spend at least three years conducting research. Europa has a surface of ice, and scientists theorize it has an ocean of water beneath that could provide a home for living things.

Can there be life elsewhere? A proposed mission to Jupiter’s icy moons would explore Europa and Ganymede.

(click to open player in new window)

Jupiter Europa Orbiter (JEO) Concept
JEO is the NASA element of the EJSM. It is designed to follow-up on the major discoveries of the Galileo and Voyager missions at Europa, especially its ocean. JEO will be built to withstand the intense radiation in Europa orbit, and would consist of an orbiter with 11 science instruments designed for extensive mapping of Europa. On the way to Europa, JEO will tour the Jovian system and make routine and frequent observations of Jupiter, its satellites and its environment. Additional information can be found in the EJSM Joint Summary Report ( opfm.jpl.nasa.gov... ).

Science Objectives

• Europa’s Ocean: Characterize the extent of the ocean and its relation to the deeper interior

• Europa’s Ice Shell: Characterize the ice shell and any subsurface water, including their heterogeneity, and the nature of surface-ice-ocean exchange

• Europa’s Chemistry: Determine global surface compositions and chemistry, especially as related to habitability

• Europa’s Geology: Understand the formation of surface features, including sites of recent or current activity, and identify and characterize candidate sites for future in situ exploration

• Jupiter System: Understand Europa in the context of the Jupiter system

opfm.jpl.nasa.gov...
opfm.jpl.nasa.gov...
en.wikipedia.org...

PIA10149: Europa Tide Movie

(click to open player in new window)

Credits: NASA/JPL

In this movie Europa is seen in a cutaway view through two cycles of its 3.5 day orbit about the giant planet Jupiter. Like Earth, Europa is thought to have an iron core, a rocky mantle and a surface ocean of salty water. Unlike on Earth, however, this ocean is deep enough to cover the whole moon, and being far from the sun, the ocean surface is globally frozen over. Europa's orbit is eccentric, which means as it travels around Jupiter, large tides, raised by Jupiter, rise and fall. Jupiter's position relative to Europa is also seen to librate, or wobble, with the same period. This tidal kneading causes frictional heating within Europa, much in the same way a paper clip bent back and forth can get hot to the touch, as illustrated by the red glow in the interior of Europa's rocky mantle and in the lower, warmer part of its ice shell. This tidal heating is what keeps Europa's ocean liquid and could prove critical to the survival of simple organisms within the ocean, if they exist. The giant planet Jupiter is now shown to be rotating from west to east, though more slowly than its actual rate.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 23/4/2009 by internos]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join