Alien live on Europa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Has any1 seen the news story on tv sayin ther might be water on europa?
I think some alien race has a lookout post on europa and they watch us to make sure we dont get advanced
Either that or its an alien raceway!!!!

Mod Edit: All Caps Removed from title to reflect current standards that have changed since this inception of this thread in 2003

[edit on 4-23-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Or it's just a planetoid that happens to have a lot of a simple compound consisting of two hydrogen atoms, and an oxygen atom...
Water does not necessarily = intelligent life, or otherwise.... Though, I would expect to see some microbes or plankton, etc.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well it doesn't really matter if it's intelligent life or not, the fact that there's life on other planets would open a whole can of worms and would give all religions something to explain. Maybe then we could get rid of organized religion.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Destroy religion unfortunately no it changews its views all the time so people still follow it the mindless idiots i mean the church used to believe the world was flat and wouldent accept another theory and that blacks were a lower race. But i expect there to be like it was said before at least some simple celled organisms because they said they think there may be underground volcanoes like the ones on earther where the organisms there do not require sunlight and just live off the ash and things being poured out of the funnel.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Alien Raceway

Well I'd expect, like Gaz said, there to some single-celled organism, or at least maybe proteins.

But an Alien lookout? No Way, we would have found that a long time ago

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Alien Raceway

Well I'd expect, like Gaz said, there to some single-celled organism, or at least maybe proteins.

But an Alien lookout? No Way, we would have found that a long time ago

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
While there could be aliens on europa, I think its more likely that there are some hanging out on Saturn's moon, Titan. Though both could be excellent hiding spots for cold loving aliens.

[Edited on 25-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think that anything that even resembles terra firma has to be considered a possible place for entities to exist. But as heelstone pointed out there are likely places more suitable than others.

Why don't you tell us what you think?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think there could be some simple organisms on europa. who knows maybe even something as advanced as some form of fish or something. but i doubt there is intelligent life there.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well it doesn't really matter if it's intelligent life or not, the fact that there's life on other planets would open a whole can of worms and would give all religions something to explain. Maybe then we could get rid of organized religion.

All religions?
Well my religion(Sikhism) states that life exists on many other planets other than earth.
I dont think it will get rid of organized religion. Of my religion im sure.
Though it will peck at those fundamentalist Christians who believe that earth is the center of the universe.
Deep

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Yeah sorry deep, I meant to say "most" religions.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
No worries, its okay.
But it will affect all religions of that im sure everyone would agree in a negative or positive manner.
Deep

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 02:53 AM
link   
aliens could live anywhere. THEY'RE ALIENS!!!
dark side of the moon?
surface of the sun?
riding a moonbeam?
phasing through dimensions?
alternate time?
your nose hair?
intellectual cockiness is cage.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I think some alien race has a lookout post on europa and they watch us to make sure we dont get advanced
Either that or its an alien raceway!!!!

Or they dont want us to blow ourselves up in case they miss the Nascar

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Alright. I don't believe that it's too likely, but good job anyhow. I think......heh. Peace.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Europa is a moon, and is very small compared to Earth. It's also very far from the sun, probably too far for life to take advantage of it's heat and light.

The moon's oceans are under a thick layer of ice, possibly miles deep. With no light and little warmth except around any volcanic vents there might be, it's unlikely that Europa could sustain life. Life requires light, heat and water on earth. Green plants could not produce energy without light, and so there would be no food chain as we know it if Europa is indeed inhabited by primitive lifeforms.

posted on Sep, 27 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You are stuck with some others in the idea that life has to evolve or has to obey the same principals as it does on our planet. Life is harder to beat than some people think. Life will adept to the surcomstances which it is in. And light is not a pre for life for example life at the bottom off the ocean it is covert in complete darkness stil there is life. Why because they have adept.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
You are stuck with some others in the idea that life has to evolve or has to obey the same principals as it does on our planet. Life is harder to beat than some people think. Life will adept to the surcomstances which it is in. And light is not a pre for life for example life at the bottom off the ocean it is covert in complete darkness stil there is life. Why because they have adept.

Fair enough, life can adapt to it's surroundings, but I think conditions on Europa are too harsh. I'd be very surprised if NASA found anything more than single cells.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It certainly seems like life would have a tough road to hoe on Europa. Very harsh conditions indeed. I think that the only sign of life we find will be our own.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
there was another moon of jupiter called titan or something and thats believed to be the most likely planet to have life in our solar system.

<<   2 >>

join

Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant