It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adoptive Parents Seek Return of Caged Children (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
A young boy testified about the treatment he received from his adoptive parents who kept him in a cage, alleging they would lock him in the bathroom or his cage for extended periods of time for doing things like wetting his caged bed and taking extra food from the kitchen. The adoptive parents, Sharen and Michael Gravelle, deny any wrongdoing and are seeking the return of the 11 children, ages 1 to 15.

[url=]news.yahoo.com

Boy says parents made him live in bathroom

December 9, 2005

NORWALK, Ohio -- A boy whose parents are accused of making their special-needs adopted children sleep in cages testified Thursday that the couple forced him to live in the bathroom as punishment for urinating in his enclosed bed.

On another occasion, Sharen and Michael Gravelle forced him to stay in his box for up to two weeks for taking food from the kitchen, the school-age boy said at a Juvenile Court custody hearing.

"I couldn't come out of my room until I wrote the whole book of Deuteronomy," he said. "I was up there for like a month."

The Gravelles are trying to regain custody of the 11 children, ages 1 to 15, who have problems such as fetal alcohol syndrome and HIV. They were taken from the home in September.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It surprises me that the return of these children to these people is even being debated. It also surprises that the parents haven't been charged with abuse and neglect.

The US just changed its rules on torture so this kind of treatment isn't even allowed during interrogation of detainees in the 'war on terror' anymore.

How can these children possibly be returned to their cages, or even to the parents who put them there?

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-12-2005 by Icarus Rising]

[edit on 12/9/05 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
They cant return them! Not if there is any justice out there.

Its blowing my mind that this is even debated

And why arent the parents in jail?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is shocking!!
I cant even imagine doing things like this to my pets forget about people
these kids have special needs and yet they are treated like this ?
Some of them have HIV etc and are being forced into cages ? Some way to spend the last days of your life!!
Whats the point in writing from the bible if you treat people like this ?
I think these people need to be hanged !!

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sorry, I messed up the link somehow. Maybe a mod can fix it for me?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I recall a case where a wild child was found no so long ago. She'd been locked in either a cage or a room , (this was done by the parent(s) ) in near absolute isolation practically from birth, hence she was a feral/wild child with completley handicapped mental-social functions. IOW, a horrible example of abuse. SHe was rescued. THe sociological workers took care of her, and yes, studied her behaviour and therapy. The mother sued to get her back. She won. Then she sued to prevent the workers from having contact with her. Eventually the mother died and the girl, still alive today, was put into an adult care home.

So yes they can get the kid back.

Hell, they probably will.

[edit on 9-12-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

top topics

join