The Atlantis Empire

page: 2
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Zorgon,

im really interested to hear about this theory of yours. we are the 5th?




posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   


Zorgon,

im really interested to hear about this theory of yours. we are the 5th?


I will be happy to share, but am a little short on time right now to look up all the referances and link. But next week I have a month off. I suppose this would be a good thread as any


Also need to research ats see if any of its been covered before

But in the meantime, this is not my theory, there is much info out there. Proof? well you would need to access Tibetan manuscripts and such
In the search you might run across a few secret societies.

But I will work on it



posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If this has anything to do with what the Mayans said then I am vaguely familiar with it. I know they say that we are in the 5th civilization or age and it is them that predicted that the end of the world would be in December 2012. They said the last age came to an end coz of water and we are going out by fire? Is this right?



posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here is an impressive list of books that deal with this

www.lemuria.net...


I found this interesting. Never seen this version before but it gives you the idea and a nice visual representation

www.lemuria.net...



posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
awsome! dont you think its kinda sad though that we as a human race have such bad amnesia!! imagine what we could have achieved for the last 100,000 years if we didnt keep getting stopped!! hmm, perhaps somebody is thwarting us!! *cue suspence music*



posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by eoyn
awsome! dont you think its kinda sad though that we as a human race have such bad amnesia!! imagine what we could have achieved for the last 100,000 years if we didnt keep getting stopped!! hmm, perhaps somebody is thwarting us!! *cue suspence music*


Well the Mayan stuff is interesting but my sources are Tibetan.

Not amnesia. It is true that water wiped us out though, I mean even the Legend of Atlantis makes that clear. A world catastrophy has a way of wiping out records. The race returns to savagery, destroying all traces of what came before until we climb up the ladder again.

There are little bits of evidence found from time to time . An off the wall author managed to find a few and present them. Its a good starting point because they are tangible evidence, no matter wether you agree with his theories or not {Von Danekin{sp?} "Chariot of the Gods" etc.

Main stream archeologists are a funny lot. They form a theory, apply for a grant, then go dig... if they find something out of place... oh say surgical steel scapels in a 5000 year old grave
it would mess up there theory, may lose their funding, and be ridiculed by their peers...

So the artifact goes into some dark cellar in some museum never to see the light of day again... {remember that warehouse in Indian Jones "In Search of the Lost Ark"? Thats what I'm talking about!

A stainless steel cube found in a bed of coal in Britain, showing the imprint of a fossil leak on the steel and the coal. {Last I heard five years ago it was still on display in the British Museum...

A preacher took his daughter fossil hunting. They found a fossil bearing two foot prints... a left and right shoe print with pointy toes and heals similar to ours today... under one heel was a crushed Trilobite, extinct some millions of years ago. {I will have to track down the info on that again... its been a few years since I looked at this stuff}

Here is one from Discovery Channel

www.exn.ca...



posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   



in fact the ancient egyptians were excellent sailors.



Don't forget Thor Heyerdahl's expedition to prove how seaworthy papyrus ships were




The RA Expeditions (1969-70)

Thor Heyerdahl continued his research on ancienct navigation and turned his attention to the ancient reed-boats made of papyrus. These boats were deemed insufficient to cross the Atlantic as the reeds were believed to become water-logged after less than two weeks on open water. Heyerdahl believed that contemporary science underestimated the the ancient vessels and undertook to prove this by experiment. In 1969, he bought 12 tons of papyrus and worked with experts to construct an ancient-style vessel. The result was a 15 m boat which was launched at the old Phoenician port of Safi, Morocco.
www.greatdreams.com...



[edit on 23-6-2006 by zorgon]



posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Not amnesia. It is true that water wiped us out though, I mean even the Legend of Atlantis makes that clear. A world catastrophy has a way of wiping out records. The race returns to savagery, destroying all traces of what came before until we climb up the ladder again.


This is what I've felt to be true for a long time now.
By the time the 'new' civilization reclimbs that ladder, old memories have faded into the mists of time to become myths.

How many times has it been seen that those old myths can stem from at least a partial basis of truth?

I will be looking forward to your thread.
.



posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
there were a few great civilizations at the time of atlantis, the rama empire was in india at this time, there was a great war which was recorded in the Mahabharata and the Ramayana (they sound like something straight out of star wars lol).the osirian empire was in the mediterranean basin (im not sure how much further it stretched) thennn the great deluge happened and only the uncultered and uncivilized were left. i believe this totally. the question im interested in is when is it going to happen again? we seem to be due a big cataclysm but when, lots of signs are pointing to 2012 and i personally welcome it this world has gone seriously downhill over the last 50 years greed runs it now! maybe we need a change



posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fred3110
there were a few great civilizations at the time of atlantis, the rama empire was in india at this time, there was a great war which was recorded in the Mahabharata and the Ramayana (they sound like something straight out of star wars lol).the osirian empire was in the mediterranean basin (im not sure how much further it stretched) thennn the great deluge happened and only the uncultered and uncivilized were left. i believe this totally. the question im interested in is when is it going to happen again? we seem to be due a big cataclysm but when, lots of signs are pointing to 2012 and i personally welcome it this world has gone seriously downhill over the last 50 years greed runs it now! maybe we need a change


From what I have been seeing happening in the world, I have a feeling it's not too far off. The greed of mankind seems bent upon destruction.

I am also of the mind that this same scenario has happened repeatedly down through history (the history that hasn't been recorded and that is much longer than we've been led to believe), and that when a certain level of advancement is reached, the human race once again destroys itself, leaving a small remnant to start over.

I believe that there are some who can advance further except for the fact that they end up being held back because of others who are not capable of getting past the greed and/or self-centeredness.

History will indeed repeat itself, only it is a history much more profound than the average person can even imagine.
.



posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
There are little bits of evidence found from time to time . An off the wall author managed to find a few and present them. Its a good starting point because they are tangible evidence, no matter wether you agree with his theories or not {Von Danekin{sp?} "Chariot of the Gods" etc.

Erich von Daniken has admitted to fabricating evidence to support his claims. So, it's not a matter of "whether or not you agree with his theories," it's a matter of "whether or not you so badly want to believe that you are willing to stand up for and believe in a man that has already told you that he is lying to your face."

Where is the proof for von Däniken's claims? Some of it was fraudulent. For example, he produced photographs of pottery that he claimed had been found in an archaeological dig. The pottery depicts flying saucers and was said to have been dated from Biblical times. However, investigators from Nova (the fine public-television science program) found the potter who had made the allegedly ancient pots. They confronted von Däniken with evidence of his fraud. His reply was that his deception was justified because some people would only believe if they saw proof ("The Case of the Ancient Astronauts," first aired 3/8/78, done in conjunction with BBC's Horizon and Peter Spry-Leverton)!
SOURCE


Originally posted by zorgon
Main stream archeologists are a funny lot. They form a theory, apply for a grant, then go dig... if they find something out of place... oh say surgical steel scapels in a 5000 year old grave
it would mess up there theory, may lose their funding, and be ridiculed by their peers...
So the artifact goes into some dark cellar in some museum never to see the light of day again... {remember that warehouse in Indian Jones "In Search of the Lost Ark"? Thats what I'm talking about!

I wonder if you could possibly provide one single source that supports this slander against scientists?


Originally posted by zorgon
A stainless steel cube found in a bed of coal in Britain, showing the imprint of a fossil leak on the steel and the coal. {Last I heard five years ago it was still on display in the British Museum...

Source please, that is, if one actually exists other than some creationists' crapola webpage.


Originally posted by zorgon
A preacher took his daughter fossil hunting. They found a fossil bearing two foot prints... a left and right shoe print with pointy toes and heals similar to ours today... under one heel was a crushed Trilobite, extinct some millions of years ago. {I will have to track down the info on that again... its been a few years since I looked at this stuff}

Nope, this claim's been debunked to death, over and over, here and elsewhere. It's one of your run of the mill "young Earth" claims that are made to support the "theory" that the Earth is only 6,000 years old or so.

The specimen does contain at least two real trilobites (which are abundant in the outcrops around Antelope Springs), but the supposed sandal print does not stand up to close scrutiny. The overall shape is seen to consist of a spall pattern in a concretion-like slab, similar to many others in the area. There is no evidence that it was ever part of a striding sequence, nor that it was ever on an exposed bedding plane, as real prints would be. The "print" is very shallow and shows no sign of pressure deformation or foot movement at its margin. However, on one side of the print, extending to the side of the supposed toe end is a rim or lip that is typical of similar concretions from the area, but which is incompatible in position and form to be a pressure ridge. Also, of the two halves of rock, the side that has the heel indented shows raised relief at the toe end, and vice versa, whereas in a real print one should show impression or raised relief throughout each half.

The supposed "heel" demarcation is actually a crack that runs beyond the boundary of the supposed print...

Some creationists have noted that the find was "confirmed" by "Dr. Cook." However, Dr. Cook was a metallurgist with little paleontological experience or knowledge. In his own report on the find Cook states, "...I am by no means an authority on fossils and footprints." He adds that the print seems to "speak for itself". However, upon careful inspection the evidence does not support Cook's conclusions.
SOURCE


Originally posted by zorgon
Here is one from Discovery Channel

www.exn.ca...

From your Discovery Channel source:

When archaeologists excavated an unusual 2000-year-old burial site in the outskirts of Colchester, England -- the oldest recorded town in Britain -- they uncovered various vessels, a dinner setting and a wooden game board. But what brought the find to international attention was a surprisingly sophisticated medical kit dated at about 50 A.D.
"The medical pieces are extraordinary," says Philip Crummy, director of the Colchester Archeological Trust. "There are lots of examples of medical kits in continental Europe, but this is the first example from Britain. It's very special because it's a very early example and it's British."


First of all, ask yourself why this "out of place" find ended up on a public webpage, and on a television show to boot? Somebody smuggle it out of your Speilbergian "shadowy cellar in some museum" ala Indiana Jones? Please tell us why these particular archaeologists let this amazing and obvious evidence of ancient advanced civilizations slip out into the public eye. What does this say about your "theory" of archaeological conspiracy?

Secondly, don't have a cow, man. Surgical kits at least as advanced as this
one have been found in archaeological sites that are thousands of years older than the British site described here (50 AD.) On second thought, I wonder how we heard about these much older surgical kits? I guess those archaeologists just can't keep their traps shut when it comes to archaeological finds of any significance. But that's what they are supposed to let us know about, right? Now I'm confused.


Harte



posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon



in fact the ancient egyptians were excellent sailors.



Don't forget Thor Heyerdahl's expedition to prove how seaworthy papyrus ships were




The RA Expeditions (1969-70)

Thor Heyerdahl continued his research on ancienct navigation and turned his attention to the ancient reed-boats made of papyrus. These boats were deemed insufficient to cross the Atlantic as the reeds were believed to become water-logged after less than two weeks on open water. Heyerdahl believed that contemporary science underestimated the the ancient vessels and undertook to prove this by experiment. In 1969, he bought 12 tons of papyrus and worked with experts to construct an ancient-style vessel. The result was a 15 m boat which was launched at the old Phoenician port of Safi, Morocco.
www.greatdreams.com...



[edit on 23-6-2006 by zorgon]


the actuall title of the Indiana Jones movie is "Raiders of the Lost Ark." Just thought I would let you know. Cheers.



posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Just an aside. During research I have traveled both the Egypt and to Yucatan Mexico. I was certain before I left that they were built/influenced by the same ancient civilization. I studied the Egyptian artifacts in great detail, including 2 days at Karnack (Thebes).

Armed with pictures and notes I headed to Chichen-Itza in Yucatan. As soon as I arrived I was crestfallen. The pyramid construction looked nothing like Egypt. All the writings were extruded (sticking out) compared to engraved (sticking in) in Egypt. The characters were totally different. No single hieroglyph matched or even looked similar (from what I saw) between the two sites. The ornamentation is completely different too with the Egyptians favoring clean lines and sharp corners. A focus on geometric perfection. Whereas the Americas demonstrated elaborate external carvings, especially on the corners/edges, and they weren't as geometrically exact.

It appeared to me that the fact they were pyramids was coincidental. If you want to build something out of rocks, the easiest structure is a pile... which becomes a pyramid.

Incidentally the pyramids as we see them in Egypt aren't as they were build. The steps were filled with smaller masonry and skimmed with a smooth surface of lime (since removed by locals to build Cairo!). In the Americas the pyramids were decorated on the steps which shows that they were not smooth sided, but remained stepped. In fact the steps themselves were part of ritual.

If anyone has any question about these sites I'd be happy to answer them.

EDIT: now spellchecked!

[edit on 23/10/2006 by admiraladz]



posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I read an article yesterday or the day before that was suggesting that if mankind ceased to exist today that it would take 100,000 years for all traces of us to disappear.

In the first 100 years, roads would be overgrown with plants and the roots would start to break them up. Many houses would fall down do to natural storms. Since no one would be making repairs they would go back to nature rather quickly.

So, bakc to the Atlantis thing. If a highly advance technological society existed and was somehow destroyed, it would have occured quite a while ago since we don't seem to be able to find any trace of this society. That is unless we just don' t know where to look.





new topics
top topics
 
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join