It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Counterattacks Dean, Kerry and other anti-war Dems

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
with all the polls showing how things are going I think the Republican party has already hung themselves.

Sorry but is the truth.

It is only part of the truth---but not the whole truth.

I been reading those polls as well and when you get past the actual headlines and read the entire poll; you will find that as low as Bush's number may be, the approval rating of democrats in congress is almost always lower than the Presidents.

I say, never has the time been better for a 3'rd party to make a serious impact in 2008.

[edit on 12/10/2005 by Classified Info]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Well it may be true that probably third parties this time will get better than before.

But I can not wait for the elections next year that will be the factor of things to come.

Let's see what happen when the prices of gas and the winter heating oil soar and hard working Americans find themselves in the after Christmas blues.

I see many dissatisfied voters.

And if the Hurricane season next year prove to be a bad one, I will see bye bye Republican hold in the congress.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
For the most part I agree with what you are saying, but it's effect is on both parties, not just the Republicans.

I should hunt down the links for the last two polls that I have read. Both show terrible approval ratings for Bush and members of Congress. But when asked:

Do you plan on voting for your representitives again in the next election?

70%-75% of the respondents answered yes.

Which goes to show, dissatisfaction may be at all times high, but at other peoples reps. not their own. After next years elections it might not be a surprise to see a whole lot of familiar faces in the halls of Congress again.

[edit on 12/10/2005 by Classified Info]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
And if the Hurricane seasson next year prove to be a bad one, I will see bye bye Republican hold in the congress.

You think voters will blame hurricanes on the Republicans?!?

I had no idea they were that powerful!!

-- Boat

[edit on 12-12-2005 by Boatphone]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Classified Info

Which goes to show, dissatisfaction may be at all times high, but at other peoples reps. not their own. After next years elections it might not be a surprise to see a whole lot of familiar faces in the halls of Congress again.

I agree with you on this one, I believe more changes will be heading the congress way with so many dissatisfied voters.

Depending on who will run for who that is how I am planing to vote, not affiliations and not loyalties because telling you the truth most of these political party runners deserve not loyalties from the American people.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Doesn't anyone else see how these comments made by "supposed" high ranking American officials could be negatively impacting our efforts in Iraq? If the terrorists just hang on long enough, America will back out of Iraq. Thats the message that they are getting.

How do you think it makes the true Americans (the soldiers) feel that there are people in the US saying that this war was a waste of time?

Where are we getting these numbers that the war in Iraq is actually so unpopular. No really... I can't find one current poll from a creditable source anywhere on the internet dealing with it...

I personally think that "world wide" the war may be unpopular. But here in the US the minority is actually opposed to it.

It can be tough for some people to look at the "bigger" picture... But its times like this that the narrow minded need to step back and think for a little bit.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
How do you think it makes the true Americans (the soldiers) feel that there are people in the US saying that this war was a waste of time?

Our American soldiers are very well informed of what is going on back home, they get the news from the internet and from their family members, so not they are not in the dark as what is the feelings of their families and the American people.

To do that is not only dishonest but immoral.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This is interesting. The democrats have been on in an all out attack against Bush and Republicans for the past 5 years. Now the Republicans come back swinging (finally!
) and they're being accused of being weak as a result. I'm sure the Democrats would prefer Republicans continue to bend over and take everything the DNC has to give with a smile and a thank you, but that's just stupid politics.

On top of that, take a look at some of the things Bush has been flamed for on this very website. There are entire threads dedicated to him misspeaking, but when Loud Howard comes out and says there is no way the US can win the war in Iraq, the Republicans aren't supposed to jump all over such a comment? Or John Kerry (who served in Vietnam, by the way) accusing our soldiers of terrorism, then explaining that it should be Iraqis committing acts of terror on Iraqi women and children should be ignored by the opposition? Sheesh, it's like the Democrats think that negative campaigning and spin are their holy rights and no one else's.

Wake up from the hypocritical delusion that your party is saintly while the opposing party is demonic. It's politics.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
This is interesting. The democrats have been on in an all out attack against Bush and Republicans for the past 5 years.

Either you're willfully fibbing to advance your thesis or you're daft

Now the Republicans come back swinging (finally!
) and they're being accused of being weak as a result.

See above. Republicans have attacked incessantly on fronts where the Democrats sometimes had not even vocalized as an issue, just so they can corner them into a contrary position and hammer them because of it. They're called "strawman issues" & the idiotic Democrats were like a boxer with a steel pole fused to his spine - duck & weave & counter was never done.....simply eating jabs like they were crack frosted M&M's.

I'm sure the Democrats would prefer Republicans continue to bend over and take everything the DNC has to give with a smile and a thank you, but that's just stupid politics.

On top of that, take a look at some of the things Bush has been flamed for on this very website.

It's not flaming - it's a recount of actions, a post mortem, something that occurs in every facet of business dealings. This is our first MBA president, no? Where do we go as a country if we refuse to assess the choice made & their resulting consequence? It's not anything along the lines of a Republic - it's about time that you come to grips with that desire to make a Christofascist oligarchy and stop the mincing about on this party crap - there are no Democrats or Republicans in any real sense. There are those wanting to be Overlords and those opposing them, that's all.

There are entire threads dedicated to him misspeaking, but when Loud Howard comes out and says there is no way the US can win the war in Iraq, the Republicans aren't supposed to jump all over such a comment? Or John Kerry (who served in Vietnam, by the way) accusing our soldiers of terrorism, then explaining that it should be Iraqis committing acts of terror on Iraqi women and children should be ignored by the opposition? Sheesh, it's like the Democrats think that negative campaigning and spin are their holy rights and no one else's.

Wake up from the hypocritical delusion that your party is saintly while the opposing party is demonic. It's politics.

"It's Politics". Complete delusion if you don't realize politics = life , because it is power - power to redistrict and steal elctions "legally", power to fake "being under attack & needing to fight back" when all three branches are firmly held and it's obvious nonsense to all but the diehards.
The Bush supporters really need to stop being delusional and minimizing serious issues by saying what NeoCons have done is "just politics".

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Right, right. I'm daft. I forgot the Democrats are angelic beings and Republicans are just kool-aid drinkers. I keep forgetting that Republicans in every possible respect are absolute evil, while there is nothing the Democrats have ever done wrong.

Silly me.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Democrats are equal in my disdain because they are so complicit.
Get off the my team ra-ra already. I am not going to make you feel warm & fuzzy by slamming Dems each time over GOP initiatives they bow down to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join