GOP Counterattacks Dean, Kerry and other anti-war Dems

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   
From Drudge, the Republican party is getting ready to release a "white flag" video playing on the anti-war comments made recently by Dean and Kerry.

article

Excerpt:
The ad is in response to the controversial comments Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean and 2004 Democratic Presidential nominee John Kerry made earlier in the week.

A Democratic strategist who had the web ad described to her said, “This is way over the top but we have no one to blame but Dean, Kerry and others who continue to pander to the anti-war activists within our party.”

The web video advances the Republican contention that the Democrats only have a “retreat and defeat” message on the war in Iraq.

The video highlights the effect Democrats can have on the morale of U.S. soldiers.

Note: My bolding to highlight the comments of a democratic strategist.

I predict this will play well in a huge area of the country and show that once again the democratic leadership is way out of step with not only the average American, but also the rank and file of their own party.

[edit on 12/8/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I can't wait to see this on T.V., this is sure to cause a fire-storm. I also, can't wait to hear John Kerry talk his way out of it...

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
To think that the American public is to stupid to see thru this transparent ploy at defending an increasingly unpopular war is naive.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
So, only wars that are popular should be fought? Thier merit should not be a factor, seems very odd way to run things my friend.

-- Boat

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
But to Dean, Kerry and their supporters, no war or soldier has merit ever. Always better to appease and surrender. To that end, I've read on another one of my threads that the NY Post ran a picture of Dean dressed as a frenchman after his latest outbursts.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is great.

No election year, republicans supposedly in total power, and they're so unpopular as a party continuing to lose more and more support for their war of lies everyday that they have to run ATTACK ADS on people that either hold NO OFFICE or ran LAST YEAR.

Brilliant.

This is more than a sign of republican weakness. It is a white flag.

[edit on 9-12-2005 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
This is great.

No election year, republicans supposedly in total power, and they're so unpopular as a party continuing to lose more and more support for their war of lies everyday that they have to run ATTACK ADS on people that either hold NO OFFICE or ran LAST YEAR.

Brilliant.

It is brilliant! Totally brilliant!

Since there was no federal election this year, Bush was able to sit back and give the dems enough rope to hang themselves then come out swinging!

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Right dj, it's from a position of power and total control that Republicans are forced to repsond to people out of power. Bush polls bad with America on purpose. It's a ruse to trick Kerry.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

It's a ruse to trick Kerry.

Not so much Kerry as Dean -- everyone but Kerry knows he's washed up and will never again be a viable candidate. Until the presidential race is on, Dean will remain the face of the national Democratic party. And a beautiful face it is (for us that is
)

[edit on 12/10/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

No kidding! Why do they need to attack anyone? Oh yeah, because their supporters are dropping like flies!

This isn't about Republican support. The support for THIS war and the tactics of THIS administration are understandably losing the support of the American people. There are a few hangers-on, but they're getting smaller in numbers. The only hope this administration has to gain support back is to use clips and take things out of context and present their opponents as anti-war, anti-American 'bad guys' in a desperate attempt to make a statement as their ship continues to sink.

Fortunately most people can see right through this attempt at manipulation.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

No kidding! Why do they need to attack anyone? Oh yeah, because their supporters are dropping like flies!

Then how do you explain the attacks by Dean, Kerry and Pelosi? Oh yeah, because they are having a hard time even finding any supporters.

Guess it's OK only when your guys are doing it.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Guess it's OK only when your guys are doing it.

They're not my guys, honey, I'm not a Democrat and never have been. I don't root for one team or the other in this stupid game.

This is not about Democrat vs Republican as so many want it to be. This war and this administration regardless of who they are or what party they claim, is ruining this country. That's what it's about for me. That's ALL it's about for me.

Just because the guy I am against claims to be a 'Republican' doesn't make me a Democrat. Get it?

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Then how do you explain the attacks by Dean, Kerry and Pelosi? Oh yeah, because they are having a hard time even finding any supporters.

Don't you realize that Democrats have a God-given right to lie without being questioned...

Oh wait, they don't even believe in God...well they just have the right.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It seems like the Democrats cannot stand united as a party on any one Major issue for more than a few years.

My favorite question of Democrat leaning friends (I do have them), is what exactly does the Democratic party stand FOR? They usually can only tell me things they are AGAINST but have a hard time comming up with the FORS.
That's why Democrats continue to lose elections, most people don't vote for people who can't give them a compelling reason to vote for them. You didn't hear many Republicans saying "I voted for Bush, anybody is better than Kerry!" nonsense that I heard Democrats spouting last election.

Just an example here: Are the democrats for the freedom of the Iraqi people?
Doesn't sound like it to me.
Wars are never popular, perfect or go exactly to script. Sometimes actions do need to be undertaken and seen through to completion.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
www.drudgereport.com...
And now the latest from the offices of the esteemed Sen. D. Inouye.

Today, Senator Daniel Inouye, the Ranking Member of the Defense Appropriations Subcommittee

"The Republican Party’s latest ad is a shameful and disgusting attempt to distract the American people from the problems in Iraq. It may improve the President’s political fortunes, but the American people and our troops will pay the price. I hope that President Bush realizes how shameful it is to play politics when what we really need is leadership, and that he will direct his Party to take down this ad immediately."

Seems like the good Senator has been very silent when members of his own party have been playing politics and through their own words have said some things that could arguably be making our troops more at risk to "pay the price."

As far as the ad goes, as long as it is truthful I do not see the big problem about it. From what I have read on what the ad will contain it is going to be nothing more than using the actual democrats own words, and if that is the case, I have no problem with it.

So to use these peoples own words in a attempt to condemn them is a "shameful and disgusting"?

Nope.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The full video is viewable on the Republican National Committee's site at www.gop.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Sorry to Crash the Republican "party" going on here in this thread but I have to say, with all the polls showing how things are going I think the Republican party has already hung themselves.

No amount of diversion and sugar coating is going to take away the horrible mistakes of the present administration.

Sorry but is the truth.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I don't see anything wrong with this ad, really. It's the ad there on the Drudge site, right? It's just 3 statements made by 3 people. Three things I happen to agree with and I think most of the people in the nation do, too. I don't see what the big deal is, really.

- This war can't be won.
- There's no timeframe and we ought to start getting out of there.
- American soldiers shouldn't be scaring Iraqi citizens.

"Retreat and Defeat" is just a stupid little catch phrase. I don't see why anyone thinks this is going to make some kind of difference in anything. If anything, it will be seen as an attack by a desperate and dying power.

I say let the ad run. I think it will backfire and make the attackers look like the losers in this round.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think it's an Internet-only ad, it will never run on TV.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I say let the ad run. I think it will backfire and make the attackers look like the losers in this round.

I am in agreement with you on that one there B.H. What I am finding humorous and somwhat childish is how many democrats are getting very bent out of shape by the whole thing.

Let the ad run and I believe that Americans who are actualy going to take the time to vote will be able to decide for themselves.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join

ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 18 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP6

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def