It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia building a new nuclear weapon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Ok well i don’t know if this is true but last year in history class our teacher spoke of reading an article that says that Russia is about to make a major development in a new nuclear bomb. Does anyone know about this?

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
OMG RUSSIA MAKING A NUCLEAR BOMB! Then the might then change back to the c.c.c.p. and start taking back all of the old soviet provinces. Then start spreading evil communsion through-out the world!!! Watch out for your friends and neigbours, if they seem like commie sympthizes then make sure you report them to your local law enforcement agenency, as they could be planning the attack with the russian nuclear missle!

Sorry i couldnt help it......

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by wang
OMG RUSSIA MAKING A NUCLEAR BOMB! Then the might then change back to the c.c.c.p. and start taking back all of the old soviet provinces. Then start spreading evil communsion through-out the world!!! Watch out for your friends and neigbours, if they seem like commie sympthizes then make sure you report them to your local law enforcement agenency, as they could be planning the attack with the russian nuclear missle!

Sorry i couldnt help it......

Haha. that's not nice. But it's funny.

Doesn't Russia already have the H-Bomb, does ANYONE actually need anything more destructive than the H-Bomb? I highly doubt Russia is building a new nuclear device. But, I guess I don't really know and can't back up my claims...So, It's an opinion.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I don't know about a new nuclear BOMB, but they recently tested a new MISSILE that's capable of making course corrections in mid-flight in an attempt to avoid the missile shield the US is working on.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Hope fully they test it on Canada's un elected self serving senate.

[edit on 9-12-2005 by BattleofBatoche]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I have heard something on the Russian news about 6 mounths ago and Putin said that they are building new generations nuclear weapons.

Unfortunately i cannot suportr my claims at the moment

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well i think have perfection already when they have a bomb that the shockwave went around the world twice and cracked the earth surface
Dont ya think?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
they have H-Bombs , Neutron Bombs , lunatic oversized and pointless (just a nice bang) bombs (the 100mt tsar bomb) and alot of others in between

so if there is a `new` bomb then it would be interesting

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Please forgive me if this question sounds stupid, but...

I heard a while ago about a bomb that would destroy all biological matter leaving buildings standing and no radiation. Is this feasible?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nwscc
Please forgive me if this question sounds stupid, but...

I heard a while ago about a bomb that would destroy all biological matter leaving buildings standing and no radiation. Is this feasible?

Its quite feasible its called a Neutron bomb. It is a type of nuclear weapon specifically designed to release a relatively large portion of its energy as energetic neutron radiation.

Massive amounts of radiation the type that can kill you in Minutes.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
Well i think have perfection already when they have a bomb that the shockwave went around the world twice and cracked the earth surface
Dont ya think?

Yes WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE you are correct they blew up this bomb at an island north of Russia. This bomb had 56 mega ton power

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Its quite feasible its called a Neutron bomb. It is a type of nuclear weapon specifically designed to release a relatively large portion of its energy as energetic neutron radiation.

Massive amounts of radiation the type that can kill you in Minutes.

A Neutron bomb or rather enhanced radiation bomb is really just a big nuke that lets through and enhances a certain radiation type : the W70 is a neutron bomb whereas the W71 is an XRAY enhanced bomb and the W79 is a neutron enhanced prjectile (shell)

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
omg, i never actually knew that we were at that stage in advanced nuclear weaponry, it turns out that we had the neutron bomb in the United States nuclear arsenal since 1974. But still i wonder what progression the "mother Russia has made with its nuclear projects... could it be that they have surpassed that kind of tech and created something "so powerful it could destroy the very fabric of the universe", lol

Now seriously i have been searching for a while but still can’t find anything about it, maybe it top-secret.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The US has addmitted looking into Anti-matter weapons. Either pure antimatter bombs or antimatter-triggered nuclear weapons; the former wouldn't emit radioactive fallout.

It almost defies belief, the amount of explosive force available in a speck of antimatter -- even a speck that is too small to see. For example: One millionth of a gram of positrons contain as much energy as 37.8 kilograms (83 pounds) of TNT

Amazing power enough to make a nuclear weapon look weak by comparison.

link

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
well in any imrovement that coud do the US or Russia could be the increase of efficiency in the uranium fision, to increase the power of the nuke with the same size, i hope so, because, with that we will have a much more cleaner nucler war

[edit on 9-12-2005 by grunt2]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I would hate to have another country invent a weapon of that magnitude.

Imagine no fallout and no radiation. What would prevent that country from being the ultimate superpower?

Then again I'm not sure I'd want the US to have it either.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Nobody really needs more powerful nuclear weapons, the Tsar Bomba was just showing off.

The only reason you could have for wanting a hugely powerful anti-matter weapon for example would be to obliterate an entire country in one go, leaving no possible threat of retaliation.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The scale of these weapons just seems to great to be used on just countries. I mean if we do have a war and this is used, i bet you that not a single soul would be living.who knows the range of these bombs. it could be today orin the future a single one could extend to hundres or even thousands of miles. We would be looking twords the destruction of the human race and the entire planet.

but hey we may not be that ignorrent, maybe we making them for something bigger? DUN DUN DUN...

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Captain_Sensible
Nobody really needs more powerful nuclear weapons, the Tsar Bomba was just showing off.

The only reason you could have for wanting a hugely powerful anti-matter weapon for example would be to obliterate an entire country in one go, leaving no possible threat of retaliation.

I dont really think thats why they are looking at these weapons though with a Anti-matter weapon in theory that type of destruction is possible. In theory theres no reason why you couldnt make one large enough to blow up the earth like Krypton

But does anyone need a more powerful weapon then ones that can take out whole cities? I doubt it , I think the real interest would be that you could make something as powerful as a standard nuclear weapon but a tiny fraction of the size with none of the radioactive fallout.

You could make a vey small UAV bomber with all the bombing power of a fully loaded B-52 with convential weapons. Instead of a convential 1000lb bomb you could have a antimatter bomb with the same power as that 1000lb bomb but with only a tiny, tiny fraction of a gram of antimatter.

In theory you could have a RC plane that could have the bombing power of a B-52, if you could make the Magnetic containment field small enough for the anti-matter. Thats really the only thing that limits how small you could make them.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It is more likely this new generation weapon will just incorporate improvements for reliability and shelf life. The Russians/Soviets were notorious for the short shelf life of their weapons. They had big problems with their thermonuclear fuel being contaminated by Helium 3, this can be removed using Palladium. US weapons allowed access to the thermonuclear fuel ( Deuterium ), so it could be decontaminated of Helium 3 whereas the Russians couldn't. Their response being not to recycle them but just to produce a new warhead.
Also, like the US they can' test it, all they can do is simulate it's characteristics on a super computer. The US is working on new designs as well, but just theoretical ones

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join