It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reasons why Hemp can save our environment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Overall I'd like to commend you (hotpinkurinalmint awesome name too) on your post and thank you for you call to "closet smokers" to rise up. If you smoke you must be a criminal right? 1000's are incarcerated every year and yet as a majority they are normal law abiding citizens. So how can a closet smoker "come out?" Legalizing medical marijuana has already made it so this topic is easier to discuss. However we are talking about this here. With what name? Who really knows us here? How can we come out and share are views with the public without losing our jobs or putting ourselves on the radar?

The fact is people who have at least tried marijuana once are in the majority.

I'm not sure how much weight this statement actually has. It is a step i guess but I'm afraid it wouldn't sell me on anything and I'm for it. What will big brother say? "It was just a phase" "Yeah, I smoked! but I didn't inhale!" "it was just a mistake" It also raises the question.... How many tried it again? How many still do? And so on.

On the flip side as I'm typing my response I see that this quote does have some merit since many are hiding and lie when a survey asks if you smoke.

A great example would be to go get a physical or even go to the dentist. They ask if you smoke. Some may say “yea, can't kick the habit, I had a cig on the way here!" Others might just lie. Sad really but most can't stand up to a bully, How are they going to stand up against "the man?"

[edit on 9-1-2007 by whoknew]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I saw a video on hemp biodiesel recently. There has been a famous air filtration product that has used hemp filters for years. Hemp can be a more dense source of oil compared to other crops. And I think the waste can be used as food for livestock.

You certainly can't do that with petrolium. It starts out dirty, is dirty in processing, and burns dirty.

Biodiesel is great, but I think we have even cleaner sources of fuel as well. Cleaning up the planet is certainly within reach.

Troy

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I would like to come out of the closet on my smoking of the "clover", but, I can't find the stupid doorknob and the stupid lightswitch is on the outside.

post edited to remove comment in violation of "section 2e" of the T&C mod edit: edited by benevolent tyrant

I quit drinking over ten years ago (EXCEPT on St. Paddy's Day when I throw an annual party and get absolutely shnonkered) because alchohol makes me do things I shouldn't and any criminal record I have is a direct result of decisions I made while imbibing in booze. I made a decision to not drink, and I stuck to it.

Weed's cheaper illegal I tend to believe and hemp should be LEGAL because it ISN'T Marijuana. It has NO drug qualities and a bazillion uses.

I tend to follow the logic that the Government makes more money off the campaign of suppressing doobage than if they could tax it as goods like tobacco.

My 1/4 kick in to this social subject.

post edited to remove comment in violation of "section 2e" of the T&C mod edit

Cuhail

mod note; 2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of any illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, sexual relations with minors, etc. are strictly forbidden.

[edit on 7/28/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I know. They try to tell you the evils of weed, but the stuff that the big Pharmacy corporations sell to the public is musch more dangerous, yet it's legal. I don't do weed, but I drink some alcohol on occassion.

So many things on planet earth are profit driven, but not allways for the good of all. Profit is fine, but not at the expense of others.

Troy

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I read a story in the news the other day about some poor girl who died from a water overdose, competing in some stupid contest to win a game system.

That never would have happened with cannabis. :shk:

They could have held a 'smoke till you drop' contest, and nobody would have died.

It's such a shame that this drug which cannot kill you is scheduled alongside drugs that can't do anything but kill you, meanwhile you have a better chance of dying from a water overdose or a bad reaction to some OTC painkillers.

:shk:

Meanwhile, cannabis has accepted medical uses, and the government refuses to reschedule it, essentially defying their own rules and regulations.

A lot of people say that hemp is illegal because 'they' want to keep cannabis illegal. I disagree. I think cannabis is illegal because 'they' want to keep hemp illegal. It's too great a threat to the chemical cartels, the petroluem pushers, and Big Pharma - their interests have become so intertwined over the decades, they are inseparable, and now they are, for all intents and purposes, the dictators of domestic policy.

:shk:

The laws have to change. The prison system won't survive without change, and neither will the country as a whole. We need sensible energy policy, and renewable fuel is a good first step on the path to energy independence, if we can take a step towards sensible drug policy at the same time, so much the better.

Legalize it.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think HEMP is a great plant that we all should grow.
check out these links:
www.ratical.org...
Hemp seed the most nutritional food source
www.hemp.com...
lots of useful information and products can be made of hemp
www.hemptraders.com...
suppliers of fine hemp products

weed is not the same thing as hemp but I say both should be available to everyone and legal, because both are harmless and it would change our focus twards harmful drugs like crack and heroin.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Computer just wiped everything I was wrighting so I shall do a bullet point summary:
-Ways to thwart pharmaceutica corporations: If they hate it, scream bloody murder about it, threaten you over it, try and assassinate you over it: FOR THE LOVE OF ALL LIVING THINGS DO IT! What they hate, is good for the rest of us, not for them. What they like and love, is good for them, but bad for us.
-Legalize hemp and marajuana it and tax it
-Why? It is no longer "cool" becuase it is now LEGAL not ILLEGAL
-Why? Cut prison costs by over 50% hands down
-Legalize marajuana then make it illegal to advertise the use of, promotion of, sale of, along with alcohol

The reason I say legalize it is NOT because I support the use of WHICH I DO NOT, it is because when something like this is legal, people use it less. Look at Holland, it became legal and now use it at an all time low and still going down.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You

You don't just smoke hemp. Buds which are smoked only grow on female plants. Male plants don't bud out they just produce seeds to pollinate the female plants.

Whoa!!! The male plant produces seeds that pollinate the female!?!?!?! Man hemp really is a wonder plant!
Perhaps better if not smoked before posting.

I know what you meant dude, just razzin ya.

Seriously though, hemp is an incredibly useful and diverse crop that all the world takes advantage of except the geniuses of the USA. The real crime is that corrupt politicians and their corporate bed-mates so easily control the people.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Sorry people, but hemp actually looks like quite a #ty source of bio oil - link - all oil producing crops. It's 3 times less effective than rapeseed and 300 times less effective than algae. Also production of paper from wood DOESN'T mean global warming if new trees are planted. So if you want really to produce biodiesel grow algae, or when you want ethanol grow switchgrass.

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
Sorry people, but hemp actually looks like quite a #ty source of bio oil - link - all oil producing crops. It's 3 times less effective than rapeseed and 300 times less effective than algae. Also production of paper from wood DOESN'T mean global warming if new trees are planted. So if you want really to produce biodiesel grow algae, or when you want ethanol grow switchgrass.

How about harvest time/cycle?

Do you have the data please?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There is a far better alternative to Hemp as a multipurpose source that grows just as vigourously, replaces nitrogen in soils just as Hemp and has comparable or even superior properties especially as a construction material...Bamboo! There would be far less societal resistance to bamboo as there are no documented drug-conotations...

...viva la Guadua!

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The planet isn't dying.

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
The planet isn't dying.

True, and as long as the sun still shining, we never run out of energy.
All earth energy are from Sun, it is a GOD. Not Jesus the jews

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hemp is one of the worst biodiesel generators. It performs nearly as bad as corn and is no where near as effective as algae.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Hemp is one of the worst biodiesel generators. It performs nearly as bad as corn and is no where near as effective as algae.

en.wikipedia.org...

You may be right about hemp not out performing algae for the use of biodiesel's, But algae cannot be used for textile's, rope and any other product made from tree's or plastic. It is a lot easier to grow hemp. with less money being put into having to build the facilities to grow. Algae requires the temperature to not be hot or to cold and the water also must be a certain temperature to remain healthy. Look and compare the two of them and both have great attributes for nutritional purposes. here are links to both of them for you to compare.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Hemp would be a lot easier for someone to start growing with minimal cost. There are strains that can resist heat, cold and diseases . It can be grown in any climate even under water. I wonder how good hemp would grow if they where to put hydroponic tubes in the algae ponds and grow together.

Pierre S. Du Pont was the main reason that hemp became illegal. Starting in 1914 dupont started investing in general motors stock. in 1915 Pierre was invited to sit on the board of directors at GM. Eventually being appointed the chairman of the board. From 1920 to 1943 Dupont was the major producer of all war supplies and even contributed to the manhattan project. Designing, building and operating the hanford plutonium producing plant and the savanna river plant in south carolina. Then from 1959 to 1970 they played a key role in the success of the apollo space program. Then from 1981 to 1995 dupont Acquired conoco oil and gas company. So as you can see, dupont had a major interest in big oil and manufacturing of goods all over the world.

In 1999 Dupont sold its shares in conoco and started putting most of there efforts into growing living plants for there chemicals instead of extracting from petroleum. So that would suggest that there are a few oil companies now that still have there own interest to keep hemp illegal. here is the link for this info on Dupont.

en.wikipedia.org...

My final thoughts are that if we don't do something about our polluted planet now, Then we could only have 50 years left. it is said that we get 50 percent of our oxygen From the phytoplankton that grows in the ocean. if we keep polluting our air and land and letting these pollutants go into the ocean, We will surely be looking at 'doomsday' somewhere in the near future. It cannot continue and something must be done now. So i think hemp and Algae could be great partners in helping the world and shifting the current trend of Big oil and big money Government. So i would urge everyone to make sure you go and petition, protest and go and vote for this cause. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hemp is a plant that can be used to produce thousands of products. Hemp is of the same plant species that produces marijuana; its scientific name is Cannabis Sativa. Hemp has been used for thousands of years to produce products like paper, textiles, oil, rope, and canvas. In fact, the word canvas is derived from the word cannabis. Hemp grown for industrial use is very low in THC (the psychoactive chemical in marijuana), thus making industrial hemp useless as a drug. Although marijuana is most commonly known as a recreational drug, marijuana also has many medicinal uses.

During the 1930s, the American media ran many blatantly-false stories depicting marijuana as an extremely dangerous drug. Because these lies went unchallenged, marijuana and hemp were effectively banned in 1938. Recently, hemp has been rediscovered as a natural resource that has great economic and environmental potential. Marijuana for medicinal use is also gaining renewed recognition. Ironically, as will be explained shortly, it is possible that the real reason marijuana was banned was to prevent hemp from ever becoming a major natural resource. What follows are many astonishing facts about marijuana and hemp—facts that will shock most people.

Marijuana Facts The Government Does Not Want You To Know

[edit on 14-3-2009 by spark00]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If hemp can do so much why aren't third world countries
going on the hemp economy.

Hemp used from energy to clothes, the country would be a utopia.

Some how the workers might help themselves to the crop and
ruin the whole plan.

Lord Kelvin thought windmills would be the answer to the worlds oil
recerves. Imagine even back then people talked of oil power on
the world economy. He just about discovered atomic energy and
managed to play out his hand to the Illuminati without much of
a fuss.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by eugenester
I do agre with you about us using hemp instead of trees for paper and other tre items, but the thing that suck is that not everyone thinks the same.

Would be a better use of it than using it as brain poison.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mike3

just a thought. no never mind

top topics

<< 1   >>

join