It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got a signal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Managed to do a screen cap when I saw this flash on my screen last night. Have never seen one like this before....thoughts?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Have never seen a peak quite this big before, although I've had one or two which were above the norm.

Send the image to Seti and see what they say!

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I have never had one like that before. who knows maybe the aliens are trying to talk to you

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Maybe they picked up a transmission from your implant?

Just kidding man, really I don't think you have one.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yeah tell us what seti says.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hey kparnell,
What did Seti say?
That's a huge peak...
-Tass

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kparnell
Managed to do a screen cap when I saw this flash on my screen last night. Have never seen one like this before....thoughts?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice one!
I am not vy familiar with this SETI but find it interesting as a HAM (Radio Amatuer).
May I ask what kind of equipment is used for this?
Reciever? Antenna? Dish? Sizes of them? Frequencies? Mode? and so on.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
hi ive seen this screenshot and im intrigued how can i do something like this? is there a simple program i can download?

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You have to download and install the SETI program, the SETI satellites use your computer's power (and all other computers that are connected to the network) to function. It is sent to main satellites which send signals out into space. This is right, correct? I used to do it, guess I have to start back up

-wD

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   
its a huge peak but it could be anything.

duh

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 04:16 AM
link   
www.setiathome.berkeley.edu...

You receive samples from a radio telescope. Your
computer analyzes the samples and reports back to
berkeley, your findings. Full details are on their
website. There is approximately 4,000,000 computers
connected to the network. Fun-fun-fun ...

duh

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Bleep ... Proper seti address is:

setiathome.berkeley.edu...

don't use the www. "sorry"

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
hi ive seen this screenshot and im intrigued how can i do something like this? is there a simple program i can download?

Are you looking for the program to monitor for Life from Beyond Earth, or a program for screen captures?

Seti@Home program has been answered already. If you're looking for a screen capture here is a nice free one:
www.analogx.com...
It allows you to capture using a hotkey too.

Edit: So what ever happened with the signal that started this post??? Has anyone heard anything???

[Edited on 19-10-2003 by mOjOm]

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnus
Nice one!
I am not vy familiar with this SETI but find it interesting as a HAM (Radio Amatuer).
May I ask what kind of equipment is used for this?
Reciever? Antenna? Dish? Sizes of them? Frequencies? Mode? and so on.

The primary source is the Arecibo Radio Telescope in Puerto Rico click here for info.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:23 AM
link   
it's one hell of a bump...u should have taken a better screenshot tho

i did seti this whole summer....crap results, but hey, what was i expecting?

did u send them an email? if not, then u should man, it's time for a treat for mankind, we've suffered long enough on this miserable lonely planet

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
if they dont answer then email bomb them, im sure they'll give u sum attention either way

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
were you lucky enough to just catch it at the right time or do you spend time watching your screen saver? when I first downloaded it I spent ages watching and hoping that I would be the one that would get a message from e.t. but I probably wouldn't recognise it if I did. I've never seen anything like your screen shot so far. Does anyone know if seti have any examples of what a signal could look like if we did interscept one?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Chances are that if your computer is the machine that analyzes the signal from another space-faring race, you will be contacted by government officials or the people at SETI and given congratulations. Unless of course, they want the attention for it.

What was the date you captured that spike on, kparnell?

It may have been caused by solar flares......

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I just had the same thing happen with my screensaver.this is what I managed to capture

I don't know if this was a test signal. It ran through the whole of the unit and it only took 6 minutes for the unit to complete when it usually takes an average of 4 1/2 hours.It produced a peak on my seti monitor of 108.99

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
wow ive never seen a peak like that either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join