It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abydos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Anyone here been to Abydos in Egypt and seen the heiroglyphic writing on the inside?
I saw a video of it last night and if it was real then, it's pretty weird.
It seems to talk about aliens and how they gave technology to Seti I and he used that technology to wage war upon the Syrians.
So yeah, anyone seen them or heard about them?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hmm this is all new to me. Could you provide some links with more info.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Where did you see the video? Was it a TV program? Please provide more information.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I saw it at a talk David Boyle gave, let me check around for info on the net about this, apprently the video I saw was the only one that has ever got out of Abydos in one piece.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Yeh ive seen some pictures just printed of the net form someone and it showed this tablet in egypt in a pyramid with pictures of like helicopters, hovercrafts and stuff of a similar nature it could be a scam but it dident look like it.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
We have a page on ATS about the Abydos Glyphs:

www.AboveTopSecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well Simon, you beat me too it,
It is highly possible the Egyptians possesed hover and flight capabilites.
After the Vatican ordered the Great Library of Alexandria, mankind got set back abut 1000 years in scientific advancement...
They had to build the pyramids somehow.
Check out the Coral Castle built in Florida, it's unbelievable!
www.coralcastle.com
built by one man, just ONE MAN; he supposedly used magnetic levitation...
- Tass

[Edited on 24-9-2003 by Tassadar]

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Thanks for the link Dany, I hadn't actually seen the photos of the scaled up "trinket" flying before. What can the "experts" hope to hide when almost anyone can recognise the Delta Wing design? Or the tank, jet, and helicopter in the Abydos glyphs? Could anyone point me in the direction of more information on these?

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
We have a page on ATS about the Abydos Glyphs:

www.AboveTopSecret.com...

Ah nice one, thanks Simon.

posted on Sep, 25 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't know about those. they're just too obvious. coupled with the fact they were originally 'found' on a Fox TV special, that makes it rather suspect in my opinion. (if I remember correctly, the show had barely anything on these hieroglyphs anyway. it was mostly Zahi Hawass trying to hit on the host, and opening a mostly empty tomb.)
anyway, if you look closely at the shades of the plaster in the picture on the ATS page, the color of the plaster on the right is much darker than that on the left. it could be a trick of the light (if anyone wants to fire up photoshop or the like and take a closer look, I'd be much obliged), or it could hint at a hoax.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I thought they were found by tourists?

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
^^^ you're right. I re-read the page and said it was just a segment in the Fox special.

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I could almost remember a discovery channel: civilization tv special prove those hieroglyphs wrong. What I mean by wrong is that they where egyptian hieroglyphs that had been altered by nature.

[Edited on 26-9-2003 by IKnowNothing]

new topics

top topics

join